Discovery Gaming Community
Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought (/showthread.php?tid=183808)

Pages: 1 2 3

Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - WiseTaurus - 10-05-2020

Hi, I'm farming tons of credits and I want a BS, so I would like to know:

What's the best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought currently?

For high level missions, killing tons of big ships without breaking a sweat. Not a ship that "requires a little skill...yeah, a bit of strafing and you should be fine"; but a ship that I can seat back, fire, look to the explosions and just laugh...or something similar like that Wink

I looked at the BS stats in the outdated wiki and I think that the Nephilim could be nice...I loved the Murmillo style, but it seems like a "light" battleship and I don't want something like that right now...and the Marduk seems awesome (really expensive though)...but I'm not interested in the nomads...

So yeah...opinions? Big Grin

RE: Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - Unity - 10-05-2020

Ranseur, its nice.

RE: Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - Prysin - 10-05-2020

Ranseur/Bismarc/Legate/Redemption

RE: Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - Groshyr - 10-05-2020

Ranseur/Legate, Redemption (you will not find these any longer, modern analogue of it calls Remembrance), Liberty Carrier, Rheinland Battleship, Tempest (Coalition Carrier). Also battlecruisers are quite good for PVE but only if you have anti-GB missions

RE: Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - Lusitano - 10-05-2020

for some reason the Nephilim is called an mobile Freeport, because that ship is huge, and don't go by the stats ... if the Nephilim stats are good, let me tell you that is one of the worst battleships in the game, and also only is good for Zoners. so forget it. i advise you to test any ship on sinlge player mode before buy it.

RE: Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - Groshyr - 10-05-2020

Order ID (both OF and indies) have 90% for all Zoner caps. So this is not only for zonurs

RE: Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - Lusitano - 10-05-2020

and why should the order want a gigantic ship, that is one of the worst, not to say the worst, battleship, if they already have a nice combat battleship?! don't see any use for combat or for pve ,except for rp purpose.

RE: Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - Czechmate - 10-05-2020

Crayter Deimos Dreadnought and farm Enclave missions in Tau-44
Weak opposing battlecruisers, weak cruisers, lots of HP and forward firing arcs, and a system people don't go to much. Just avoid Valors.
And you should get it very cheaply in marketplace. Why?

Very few people fly Crayter, and the official faction doesn't even use the caps they have. And Tau-44 is not a very well known yet amazing farm spot.

Why am I revealing this? Because Deimos is cool that's why and it's a shame people don't use it. Also, if you see e.g. confederate caps farming T-44 without a licence you can either ally with them or fine them, tell them to leave and then shoot them if they don't comply and have the system for yourself:]

RE: Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - Lonely_Ghost - 10-06-2020

Every BS capable of shooting 2 Mortars forward is your choice. Literally.

RE: Best PvE Battleship/Dreadnought - Hubjump - 10-06-2020

Wrong question.

Consider the ships ZOI and PVE zones.
Missions have to be very close to the station and offer primarily gunboat missions to contend with PVE zones and even then the Molly related zones take the cake since those fat snubs will be blended up by secondary fire excessively quickly making snubs on par if not your main source of income whilst BC's aren't worth the kill time solo and battleships are nearly not worth shooting since you'll likely deal with the hostile factions stealing your potential income as you waste time shooting a battleship. Same thing with a BC.

At the moment the best zones I've found are:
Poole with its fat easy to hit molly snub spam and gunboats.
Leeds with its abundance of hostile factions to both the GRE and BAF. Preferably fly for GRE since they can keep both the outcasts and CR hostile for the most part iirc.
Dublin with Mollies and the waring GRE and BAF spawns.

Omega 49? If one of the GRE lads who goes there often could explain why because I really don't see the appeal in avoiding interactions just to grind there. But it does have a good spawn rate for gunboats.

So that would leave these ships available for the best PVE contest:
Deimos
Valor
Invincible
Bismarck(?)

Ignoring where these ships can safely grind will have me say literally anything with a lot of secondaries and 4 heavies.

If @Darkstar and @Groshyr could further what I've started with their knowledge on different zones and their ship type spawns that'd be great. Because I feel I'm forgetting Rheinland.
Don't underestimate the income from blending fat snubs. Only for Poole would I consider running Solaris over Secondaries.

Edit: Reason I mention mainly bretonia is because of the fat snubs and fat gunboats. Sometimes the AI dodges and twirls in ways the turret view targeting can't properly hit and that causes you to waste a considerable amount of time on smaller craft. Even Gaian and SCRA gunboats tend to waste time dodging in my experience.