Discovery Gaming Community
AI rep - no action. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: AI rep - no action. (/showthread.php?tid=183894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

AI rep - no action. - Sniper - 10-10-2020

I, too would like to know why?

[quote Elyonn]
It has been nigh on 8 weeks since the rephack change for AI. It clearly is not being discussed.
It is time crucial. Natural justice would demand it should have been reverted back to the original rephack whilst you and other GM's deliberate. Why was that ignored Champ?

Please explain how an arbitrary change in rephack that so devastatingly impacts on players ability to RP the AI was allowed in the first place and why it wasn't changed back?

Everyone knows this is a cock-up on manifold levels of administration.
[/quote

RE: AI rep - no action. - SnakThree - 10-10-2020

"so devastatingly impacts on players ability to RP"

Rephacks do not prevent people from roleplaying.

Example, when Ageira and Junkers were -0.55 to each other: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=120890&pid=1582052#pid1582052

RE: AI rep - no action. - Typrop - 10-10-2020

is it that time of the month already?

RE: AI rep - no action. - Misfit - 10-10-2020

Can't you just like use a Freelancer ship but have your character be an AI if you care so much about being able to dock places? Do enough RP with other factions and then you'll be able to put in a request with evidence that your rep with said faction should be adjusted.

A rephack doesn't mean you can't RP with people you are "hostile" with.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Hemlocke - 10-10-2020

Not sure who this clown Eleyonn is.

Snak, while I often disagree with the man, is right. Hostile factions roleplay with each other all the time, in fact, Lane Hackers and the Xeno Alliance had a uh.... me no stab you if you no stab me relationship going on which was formed on roleplay despite the fact both factions were incredibly hostile to each other. A bunch of random people roleplay with nomads and nomads are hostile to everyone, Gammu AI were neutral with everyone for about a year, yet everyone shot them anyway, meaning, you guessed it, rephacks don't stop you from roleplaying.

le gasp

The only way you could enter this discussion with the impression that the AI rephack being hostile with pretty much anyone prevents you from roleplay is if you came here with your mind already made up rather than actually wanting to have a discussion about it, which it seems you did. Don't make a discussion thread where people are meant to discuss the topic if you only want people to agree with you, that's not a discussion, that's a circlejerk.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Eichy Bumm - 10-10-2020

(10-10-2020, 09:21 AM)Hemlocke Wrote: Not sure who this clown Eleyonn is.

The only way you could enter this discussion with the impression that the AI rephack being hostile with pretty much anyone prevents you from roleplay is if you came here with your mind already made up rather than actually wanting to have a discussion about it, which it seems you did. Don't make a discussion thread where people are meant to discuss the topic if you only want people to agree with you, that's not a discussion, that's a circlejerk.

I don't know who this Hemlocke child, but no doubt he/she/it is invigorated by a bias. Clearly by his/her/its comments there is a high degree of buffoonery evident. The question is being asked of the decision makers... the GM. If you are not one then perhaps you could refrain from excessive verbosity and shut up.

You do know that AI have no enemies and no allies, correct? You understand that don't you? I mean it is hard to tell what level of intellectual acumen you possess.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Dark.Star - 10-10-2020

Rather than AI drama can we have zoner drama?

#stopremovingvanillastuff

(10-10-2020, 09:32 AM)Eleyonn Wrote: You do know that AI have no enemies and no allies, correct? You understand that don't you? I mean it is hard to tell what level of intellectual acumen you possess.

Core and Nomads are AI's enemies according to long-lasting rephacks. Auxesia and Vagrants seem to be allies according to newer rephacks.

Also, if you would stop insulting people, that would be appreciated.

RE: AI rep - no action. - James Greed - 10-10-2020

I don't quite see why this rep change was so problematic. If someone wants to write words at you, they still can. -0.55 is not outright hostile, you just can't dock on places. I highly doubt any house faction would give docking clearance to an alien looking lightbulb.

Unless you want to be an AI trader, I don't see this change as detrimental.

(10-10-2020, 10:42 AM)Eleyonn Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 09:59 AM)SnakThree Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 09:32 AM)Eleyonn Wrote: You do know that AI have no enemies and no allies, correct? You understand that don't you? I mean it is hard to tell what level of intellectual acumen you possess.

Also, if you would stop insulting people, that would be appreciated.

That is rich coming from you as insulting and being sarcastic to people seems to be your forte... pot calling kettle black much?

Not interested in your comments. They have lost any credibility given you are the one who fecked the AI rep into the bin. It is the doctor (GM) I'll talk to, not the disease.

Forums moderator can you please remove Snakthrees post? They are not relevant and he is just trolling, stirring up strife.

So you just want to silence anyone who has an opposite opinion to yours? Rich coming from person whose post seems to have been removed for having a lot of insults.

On top of that, if you can call out the other person's bad behaviour rather than counter his arguments, it's:

"Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a term that refers to several types of arguments, most of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. This avoids genuine debate by creating a diversion to some irrelevant but often highly charged issue. The most common form of this fallacy is "A makes a claim x, B asserts that A holds a property that is unwelcome, and hence B concludes that argument x is wrong"."