Discovery Gaming Community
AI rep - no action. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: AI rep - no action. (/showthread.php?tid=183894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: AI rep - no action. - Doc Holliday - 10-10-2020

Let's keep the personal feelings and insults out of this. Reasonable people can disagree.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Sniper - 10-11-2020

All I wanted was a response from the GM's.

Will we get one? Do they even care?

RE: AI rep - no action. - Sniper - 10-11-2020

(10-10-2020, 02:41 PM)Binski Wrote: As you can see, evil reigns at discovery freelancer. The minions always come out to defend the latest arbitrary change. A word to the wise, don't expect much flexibility here, once they do something, out of principle, it doesnt get undone. Especially if you complain.

I can see what you mean my minnions...

If the GM's are digging their heels in because someone complained about the unfairness of the changes, then something is very wrong with the culture of the GM's. That would imply pettiness and would be against the mandate to not reflect personal beliefs and gameplay into the GM role .
Hope not.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Misfit - 10-11-2020

I really don't understand where this perception of "oh man the GMs hate AI players woe is me the game is going downhill because the GMs are unfair" when YOU can do the work to make the changes you want happen. Who would gain from putting AI players in what you think is a corner? There's no reason to think someone has it out for you other than that you want to blame someone because you don't want to put the effort in to change it yourself.

The changes were made for a reason, and in my mind the AI ID makes more sense now than it did before. Make a reason for it to be changed in the direction you want it to go.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Typrop - 10-11-2020

(10-11-2020, 02:56 AM)Sniper Wrote: I can see what you mean my minnions...

funny quirky statement

(10-11-2020, 02:56 AM)Sniper Wrote: If the GM's are digging their heels in because someone complained about the unfairness of the changes

you can't dig your heels in if you never show up

(10-11-2020, 02:56 AM)Sniper Wrote: then something is very wrong with the culture of the GM's.

the GM's culture? i mean okay, you can also just like, roleplay? the nomad vagrants exist and at least in theory are supposed to be less omnicidal brainlets than real nomads

(10-11-2020, 02:56 AM)Sniper Wrote: That would imply pettiness and would be against the mandate to not reflect personal beliefs and gameplay into the GM role .
Hope not.

"i'm smart by talking like the big lawyer mans"

breaking this down it's basically "GMs are assholes because they aren't fixing this rephack that's causing problems for exactly 4 people and the consistent public threads I make about this aren't doing anything, so it's a problem of the GMs' making that I'm failing to use the appropriate channels!"

go on the discord

direct message a GM about this

if it's such a problem stop making waves about it and just nut up and ask someone in person, without demanding a glorified trial by forum so we can all go back to trying (and failing) to roleplay

RE: AI rep - no action. - Czechmate - 10-11-2020

GMs care about Gammu AI, just not about the players that play it actively Smile

It's a killer alien faction that can also try to RP - get over it. GMs responded by processing requests in that direction. The vocal minority that doesn't play the faction or very rarely won, you lost. Switch to freelancer ID and save yourself a headache of making a million threads about a done deal.

Let the NPC faction be the poor man's nomad easter egg people will log once a month to kill stuff and then forget about again, and RP man made Sentient AI instead. There are already drones on loads of bars processing purchases that have nothing to do with gammu

The Sentient part can be RPd easily on freelancer ID and will be a small step.

RE: AI rep - no action. - St.Denis - 10-11-2020

So you are after a GM input, so here goes.

As long as I can remember nobody could dock on Planet Gammu, because they were rephacked -0.55 (no dock).

Here we have an alien 'species'. Humans tend to be very suspicious/'afraid' of the unknown.

The ID allows Players to attack any ships within a large area of space (before it used to be, if I remember correctly, any System that didn't contain a Jumpgate).

The decision was made to make the GAI ID -0.55 (no dock) , with all the Human IDs (basically mirroring the GAI ID), except for the Freelancer ID.

Since then this has been relaxed for a couple of IDs due there being Official Faction Requests.

The ID is still 'hostile' to the same IDs it was previously.

As for the POB, in Leeds, yes it has stopped the GAI ID getting most of its supplies from Human Bases, but this hasn't stopped the people operating it doing some RP with Factions to have them supply the Base (In fact you are already supplying it with other Faction IDs).

With a reasonable amount of RP, with Bretonian OFs, you possibly could get them to Request a relaxation of the 'no-dock' restriction for their NPC Bases. ie show them that they shouldn't be suspicious/afraid of GAI (or at least the group that have moved from the Omicrons).

This was not, in any way, shape or form done to spite any Player. It was done to, as such, make more of an inRP sense.

I always assumed it's because gammu bases don't hold an atmosphere suitable to humans

Not that they hate them

RE: AI rep - no action. - Lythrilux - 10-11-2020

(10-11-2020, 09:02 AM)St.Denis Wrote: As for the POB, in Leeds, yes it has stopped the GAI ID getting most of its supplies from Human Bases, but this hasn't stopped the people operating it doing some RP with Factions to have them supply the Base (In fact you are already supplying it with other Faction IDs).

Why do I feel like this is the real 'issue' - that suddenly there's actual difficulty or roleplay requirement to supply the POB.

At this point turning GAI NPC only and introducing a generic AI ID might be what's actually needed.

I didn't agree before, but I do agree now.
Gammu is WAY WAY worse at the killer alien thing than nomad
Ships, Zoi, Zoi+OF raids, jump holes, equipment, number of bases, player base that will do it with you...

The faction was played as ambiguous/friendly to humans Artificial Intelligence. That was the only consistently active player base. even Snak who proposed these changes has done nothing with his evil robot faction. And at most they will log for a couple weeks and die again.

Another evil alien ID is redundant and pointless with nomads around. I say give it to Lyth so he can give us some cool events and PvE zones instead.

And give generic man-made artificial intelligence with neutral reps ID to the community that does log because people that play A.I. just like to show it on their transponder. They were zapping around in Bustards and transports mostly anyways.