Discovery Gaming Community
AI rep - no action. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: AI rep - no action. (/showthread.php?tid=183894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: AI rep - no action. - Eichy Bumm - 10-17-2020

(10-11-2020, 09:02 AM)St.Denis Wrote:
So you are after a GM input, so here goes.

As long as I can remember nobody could dock on Planet Gammu, because they were rephacked -0.55 (no dock).

Here we have an alien 'species'. Humans tend to be very suspicious/'afraid' of the unknown.

The ID allows Players to attack any ships within a large area of space (before it used to be, if I remember correctly, any System that didn't contain a Jumpgate).

The decision was made to make the GAI ID -0.55 (no dock) , with all the Human IDs (basically mirroring the GAI ID), except for the Freelancer ID.

Since then this has been relaxed for a couple of IDs due there being Official Faction Requests.

The ID is still 'hostile' to the same IDs it was previously.

As for the POB, in Leeds, yes it has stopped the GAI ID getting most of its supplies from Human Bases, but this hasn't stopped the people operating it doing some RP with Factions to have them supply the Base (In fact you are already supplying it with other Faction IDs).

With a reasonable amount of RP, with Bretonian OFs, you possibly could get them to Request a relaxation of the 'no-dock' restriction for their NPC Bases. ie show them that they shouldn't be suspicious/afraid of GAI (or at least the group that have moved from the Omicrons).

This was not, in any way, shape or form done to spite any Player. It was done to, as such, make more of an inRP sense.

Then why had it taken so long to get a response? The "decisions" was made about 2 months ago. I am sorry, but this is a farcical action. It has not made more sense of the AI inRP - it has totally destroyed any creativity that one could have outside of a pew-pew faction.

It disgusts me to be honest.

AI have no allies nor enemies, so why, St Denis can the AI no longer land on any Zoner base now? The IFF show them to be 0.0 neutral, but that isn't the case is it? Another dirty change that was not wanted, not announced and not fair.

You graciously say it is hostile to which it was previously. The Core and Nomads/wild... just them. That is what shows up on the AI IFF. Then why not the same grace being afforded to the non-hostiles to which it was previously?

RE: AI rep - no action. - St.Denis - 10-17-2020

(10-17-2020, 10:07 AM)Eleyonn Wrote: Then why had it taken so long to get a response? The "decisions" was made about 2 months ago. I am sorry, but this is a farcical action. It has not made more sense of the AI inRP - it has totally destroyed any creativity that one could have outside of a pew-pew faction.

AI have no allies nor enemies, so why, St Denis can the AI no longer land on any Zoner base now? The IFF show them to be 0.0 neutral, but that isn't the case is it? Another dirty change that was not wanted, not announced and not fair.

You graciously say it is hostile to which it was previously. The Core and Nomads/wild... just them. That is what shows up on the AI IFF. Then why not the same grace being afforded to the non-hostiles to which it was previously?

You are not Hostile to anymore Factions than you were before, you have just had all the others made -0.55 (noDock).

You complain that you can't dock anywhere and when I tell you a couple of Factions have improved their Rep to you (removed the No Dock) and tell you that you can land also on Freelancers Bases, you then complain about Zoners.

As I said before, there is nothing stopping you doing some RP, which really hasn't been done before, to improve your Rep with the Humans. Most of the people have played 'killer AI' which your ID allows.

If you want your Faction to be different, then start RPing it.

RPing it is going to have a lot better response than making a lot of Threads about the same thing.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Czechmate - 10-17-2020

(10-17-2020, 10:34 AM)St.Denis Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 10:07 AM)Eleyonn Wrote: Then why had it taken so long to get a response? The "decisions" was made about 2 months ago. I am sorry, but this is a farcical action. It has not made more sense of the AI inRP - it has totally destroyed any creativity that one could have outside of a pew-pew faction.

As I said before, there is nothing stopping you doing some RP, which really hasn't been done before, to improve your Rep with the Humans. Most of the people have played 'killer AI' which your ID allows.
This is straight up wrong Denis - vast majority of logged time and the only two active factions were explorers or ambiguous to friendly people that refused to play killer robot even when I asked. The Leeds and Taus AI, and another faction also did that.

This is since I play the game (April). Let's make one thing clear - you shafted the large majority of logging player base.
For what makes sense to GMs and vocal small minority that sent the requests.

If anyone seriously plays evil alien, they log nomads for all the reasons I mentioned multiple times.And once in a blue moon log A.I. to add flavour. What A.I. ID offers to killer alien is vastly inferior.

Again - I understand the changes, that people should RP but let's not pretend you did it for the players that actually log the ID.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Goliath - 10-17-2020

I log evil AI.

For 30hrs+ per month? In the first thread with this when the reps changed they had really large log times and that was just the leeds guys they had some 3days+ of activity in a month if I remember correctly

Maybe you do log massive hours of killer AI every month, but I just don't see those people around. I don't see the point really when the nomad ID is so much superior for killer alien. Except when you want to fly the cool ship here and there.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Gardarik - 10-17-2020

(10-17-2020, 01:03 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 10:34 AM)St.Denis Wrote:

This is straight up wrong Denis - vast majority of logged time and the only two active factions were explorers or ambiguous to friendly people that refused to play killer robot even when I asked. The Leeds and Taus AI, and another faction also did that.

This is since I play the game (April). Let's make one thing clear - you shafted the large majority of logging player base.

If anyone seriously plays evil alien, they log nomads for all the reasons I mentioned multiple times.And once in a blue moon log A.I. to add flavour. What A.I. ID offers to killer alien is vastly inferior.

Again - I understand the changes, that people should RP but let's not pretend you did it for the players that actually log the ID.

Active factions? You mean those two dead in limbo? They are not even official for their RP and dedication to be taken seriously. Last official AI factions I remember were actually killerbots, not some pacifist AI. As for "If anyone seriously plays evil alien, they log nomads for all the reasons I mentioned multiple times. - please do not put words in other people's mouthes. I similarly can say that people who want to play peacefully in Omicrons/Taus should simply play zoners, not the AI. Yet they do choose AI for "rp flavour" similarly to how people choose to play aggressive AI over nomads for the same "RP flavour".

If the factions in question actually did some sane RP around building trustworthy relations with, say, Bretonia - even GMs input wouldn't be required - Bretonian factions would simply submit FR5 to adjust the reputation. Instead, we want to see every AI whether in those factions or not regardless of its RP stance to be able to dock without proper RP justification.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Shinju - 10-17-2020

Quote:Let's make one thing clear - you shafted the large majority of logging player base.

Nice joke, seriously. Isn't this all just about some plater owned bases in Leeds and they cannot supply them now? Also PoB of faction without any enemies or allies?

It's been explained so many times why it's not going to be reverted and I agree with all the statements. AI used to have this rephack in 2012, yes I had AI Cruiser roaming around. Aaaaand it makes perfect sense. Do you want to change how this faction has been viewed as killing machines? Go and do RP. Everyone has to do it if your ID doesn't allow the way you want to play.

Don't be like Outcast Ranseur which used to RP being a hospital in Taus and Liberty, whining people kept shooting him nevertheless. But this time nobody is even shooting you (';

Nah, there were 2 factions that were active, all I know is that the leeds guys did forum RP and logged a lot
and that the Omicron faction logged a good amount as well and didn't want to play killer robot - and you really just meet the odd killer robot that logs a couple times per week and leaves.

I know it will be reversed by RP only
Just pointed out that the active player base got shafted in lieu of the vocal minority and what makes sense to staff, let's not pretend it didn't. I just think they could have been left alone doing their thing is all when the faction is so underplayed and they were keeping it alive.

lol I mean case in point
- I try to work on fixing reps
and a random AI account that last posted anything on 12-30-2019, 11:35 AMfrom a failed faction that is dead instantly shits on it :]
When he's just copied in on the comm

The vocal minority will be always able to do this (I was done before, just decided what the hell - let's give it one last shot) , I am done with any diplomacy Gammu and would recommend the guys that tried to RP diplomatic A.I. to do what I told them when the changes were made - switch to freelancer ID. And eventually try to campaign for a generic A.I. ID that is man-made

RE: AI rep - no action. - St.Denis - 10-17-2020

(10-17-2020, 01:03 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: This is straight up wrong Denis - vast majority of logged time and the only two active factions were explorers or ambiguous to friendly people that refused to play killer robot even when I asked. The Leeds and Taus AI, and another faction also did that.

I have only gone back a couple of years.

The first 2 suggest that they have to try to gain the trust of the Humans. The rest, well, I will let you read. Just look at their diplomacy with groups (including Zoners).

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=182097&highlight=%27Artificial%27

Quote:Develop relations with the Governments and Corporations of Sirius
We must develop relations with the houses of Sirius to show them we are not a threat and that we can initiate diplomatic trade with each house without breaking their Laws. If these houses are unable to comply then we will have no choice but to find other groups that are willing to do the same thing for our operation.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=175256&highlight=%27Artificial%27

Quote:Goals:
Short Term:
Establish a protection force for Planet Gammu.
Normalize relations with Humanity to a point of non-hostility.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=174654&highlight=%27Artificial%27

Quote:GOALS:
Assimilate all human technology
Eliminate all human life

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=157276&highlight=%27Artificial%27

Quote:Objectives
Reinstate dominion in Omicron Kappa
Deconstruct Daam-K'vosh technology
Establishing a neutral or better relation with Daam-K'vosh relatives
Conquering the Iridium Ore field in Omicron Lost
Mechanizing every particle of planet Gammu
Reversal and removal of mankinds intervention and disturbance
Forming and expanding the Nexus

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=158345&highlight=%27Artificial%27

So, if they want to be accepted by Humans, then they need to work at it. This would involved RP (call me old fashion, but the RP is better than shouting 'I want, therefore I should get'.

I never said that it was done for the Players that log the ID, it was done because in made inRP sense.