Discovery Gaming Community
AI rep - no action. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: AI rep - no action. (/showthread.php?tid=183894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: AI rep - no action. - Lythrilux - 10-17-2020

(10-17-2020, 06:40 PM)Kauket Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 06:34 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: >opens up with crappy ad hominem
>cries when its returned to him

If you are capable of reading, I exactly offered opportunities to help build bridges with them. The reality is, AI can't do crap if even the Developers aren't interested.

So me repeating, and disagreeing with, what you initially said, was an ad hominem? Does that mean you opened up with an ad hominem first before I even posted? Big Grin

Considering you literally suggested absorbing GAI into Auxesia, it sounds like the kind of bridge you're offering to build isn't one that addresses the concerns raised in the OP, but instead leads straight into Auxesia's mouth.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Kauket - 10-17-2020

Quote:If you are capable of reading, I exactly offered opportunities to help build bridges with them.
I'm not going to repeat myself anymore.

Read the thread.

AI isn't going to develop because the team has no direction for it, not even some of the players. It is better off as a 'generic faction' if there is no goal - but obviously they're still alien.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Sniper - 10-18-2020

@St Denis.

Thank you for your response. In a nutshell then the GM's made decisions. This was made, without input from those effected, to reflect the way that AI should be played in the minds of the GM's.

Good will goes a long way in this game, as does fair play. It would have been a worthy exercise for the GM's to have announced that there was an issue with the AI ID and intended RP, that the GM's are looking at a solution. Keeping the players informed goes a long way to retain/build good will and curtails the anger of players because no one tells them what is going on. All the decisions were done behind closed doors and this engenders suspicion and resentment when decisions are made for what appears to be arbitrary reasons.

I still believe this decision was an unnecessary action to take. I still believe it was unfair and punitive in its effects. And it was made on perceptions on how a few think it should be played.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Eichy Bumm - 10-18-2020

I get the drift of what is intended. The boss-mans crack the whip, and the "yes massa" must just accept it. I do not believe that this whole episode surrounding the AI RP has been handled with anywhere near expected fairness. I do believe there is a determination to tighten up the RP surrounding the AI ID to force a "compliance" with expectations of the few meted out against the expectations of a lot more. It has screwed the scrum on my factions ability to RP, which was based on the lore and ID at that time and which has been changed dramatically. It is unfair, no two ways about it.

If the "no-dock" rep on Gammu was an issue, then why not change it to allow docking for all? Simple yes?

As it stands, most players don't give a dam about the AI, and I only see tinkering taking place.
St Denis, I have done a substantial amount of RP as the Daoine Saoirse AI. I accept I am not IT savvy, that I am noob-ish with how to make forums work, and I don't know enough to "work the system". But I tried. The odds were stacked up with the persistent "that is not the way to play" bleats. Nay-sayers rule DiscoveryGC.

And then there was the unnecessary RP valueless destruction of Tur Laidir.

All in all with the forced conformity of the ID changes, the totally bogus change in the Rep hack, the nasty negativity and criticism of a lot of players, the ongoing unfettered mindless destruction of POB's with poor RP, it isn't a happy time.

So, I will take my leave of DiscoveryGC.

For sale :

2x AI Drone
2x AI Cruiser
1x Bretonian Train
3x Serenity
1x Bustard
2x Dromedary

Name your price:

Be advised. All ships have the screwed up AI rep-hack.
PM me if you want but be quick. I aren't hanging around here much more.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Kauket - 10-18-2020

But the rephacks can be undone via rp. Why is it so bad that alien robots cannot dock with human bases? I mean sure they should allow them to dock with zoner and freelancer.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Groshyr - 10-18-2020

With every new message regarding the GAI rep I'm getting stronger and stronger feeling like all you cry about is lost snowflakeness. You could just swap to FL ID and go to officialdom, and once reached it - request whatever tech cell you want and can request with background RP you made before. However, you keep crying, because GAI = snowflakeness, FL = generic ID. Dunno lads, this is kinda attentionwhoring

RE: AI rep - no action. - SnakThree - 10-18-2020

(10-18-2020, 08:52 AM)Kauket Wrote: But the rephacks can be undone via rp. Why is it so bad that alien robots cannot dock with human bases? I mean sure they should allow them to dock with zoner and freelancer.

People don't want to put effort because they thought they are entitled to wrong rephacks which benefited them. When told that they might need to roleplay to get something changed, they are unable to, because their previous roleplay was all about their own POB and nothing more. Even after being shown example of how nodock rephack was changed to allow docking, they ignore it and discard such case.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Groshyr - 10-18-2020

[Image: 2Q.png]

RE: AI rep - no action. - Blake Wayne Van Leer - 10-18-2020

Pardon my ignorance

But has there ever been a gammu OF that lasted for a long time?

RE: AI rep - no action. - SnakThree - 10-18-2020

(10-18-2020, 02:42 PM)Blake Wayne Van Leer Wrote: Pardon my ignorance

But has there ever been a gammu OF that lasted for a long time?

Long time is unspecific and subjective timeframe.