Discovery Gaming Community
AI rep - no action. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: AI rep - no action. (/showthread.php?tid=183894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: AI rep - no action. - Czechmate - 10-18-2020

(10-18-2020, 09:51 AM)SnakThree Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:52 AM)Kauket Wrote: But the rephacks can be undone via rp. Why is it so bad that alien robots cannot dock with human bases? I mean sure they should allow them to dock with zoner and freelancer.

People don't want to put effort because they thought they are entitled to wrong rephacks which benefited them. When told that they might need to roleplay to get something changed, they are unable to, because their previous roleplay was all about their own POB and nothing more. Even after being shown example of how nodock rephack was changed to allow docking, they ignore it and discard such case.
I do try, helped the aux one. And like @St.Denis advised gave it a shot with Junkers

But you saw what happened Snak - without an OF a massive failure of an AI killer faction "The Amalgamations" that lasted 2 months and has been dead since 2019 instantly replies in 30 minutes after 10 months of inactivity and tries to mess with that.

They were just CCed in just so they can see the talks, have literally nothing to gain from cock blocking attempt at no more than -0.3 rep. Hell, they could even shoot more Junkers. If their dead faction existed in the first place. But they can do that, please tell me - why would anyone bother after seeing what will people like that do?
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=184047

And why would anyone bother with the long process of trying to get to OF with neutral gammu with any chance of fixing reps and allowing your gameplay being so many months and work away?

Handing AI Diplo to Auxesia or just SRP moving a bunch of A.I. characters that don't want to play just boring one sided killer robot over to them doesn't seem like such a bad idea now.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Kauket - 10-18-2020

(10-18-2020, 02:42 PM)Blake Wayne Van Leer Wrote: Pardon my ignorance

But has there ever been a gammu OF that lasted for a long time?

PRIME| and tC- were active for more than a year. Well, obviously, they're dead now.

You know what. I was too harsh. I have PMed @The Amalgamations account, politely asking to remove their post personally.

That it wasn't meant to them, and they have nothing to gain from blocking a -0.3 rep at all - they will still be free to shoot specific junkers and vice versa.

I barely even log AI.The ambiguous human but not quite RP takes A LOT of effort
On average just a couple times per month to RP friendly with people and just bully Nyx and maybe 1 other guy for declaring my unit a hostile entity prematurely - but just wanted to help out.

Let's see if the person who did that has some sense - if anyone knows who's behind the account let me know so I can talk to them directly.

Right so the guy from the 10months dead faction won't pull the reply and will try to block any attempts of trying to fix reps.
@SnakThree @St.Denis

You guys tell me - is there any point for me to redo the thread without CCing rest of Gammu in?

Or is this "fix reps with RP" just pointless without an OF? How could it be even done when you can't speak for whole gammu and there are people that will block your attempts out of spite if you do Include gammu in comms

Before your target faction has even a chance to reply? I just don't see a way, and trying to play rping AI is just so much easier on FL ID now if you wanted to go the OF way as you will be able to normally Function on your way to offiicialdomm

Any advice?

I guess I can redo it as gammu and copy in entities open to human contact or something? Still does that have a chance of getting processed without an OF if the inactive minority will hostile RP

RE: AI rep - no action. - aerelm - 10-18-2020

Would making a bunch of "generic AI" ships accessible to all human factions solve all this?

Not talking fully-automated warmachines, but rather stuff like maintenance bots, scanner drones, etc that would fit into FL universe without stretching things too much. Basically, a handful of cockpit-less drone-type things, which you can put any faction ID on and RP it as an AI belonging to that faction. That way, Gammu AI can finally get one cohesive, concrete lore of being one specific type of AI, with anyone else interested in RPing other types of AI instead going with human-made AI drone ships on whatever ID might be more inline with their lore.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Blake Wayne Van Leer - 10-18-2020

(10-18-2020, 08:30 PM)aerelm Wrote:
Would making a bunch of "generic AI" ships accessible to all human factions solve all this?

Not talking fully-automated warmachines, but rather stuff like maintenance bots, scanner drones, etc that would fit into FL universe without stretching things too much. Basically, a handful of cockpit-less drone-type things, which you can put any faction ID on and RP it as an AI belonging to that faction. That way, Gammu AI can finally get one cohesive, concrete lore of being one specific type of AI, with anyone else interested in RPing other types of AI instead going with human-made AI drone ships on whatever ID might be more inline with their lore.
Yes please, they could be used in normal factions too - we are trying sth like this with light fighters in 46th
Having actual drone looking ships would be AMAZING

RE: AI rep - no action. - Goliath - 10-18-2020

(10-18-2020, 08:30 PM)aerelm Wrote:

So basically a new civ shipline. Okay.

RE: AI rep - no action. - Chuba - 10-18-2020

the same thing has been repeated for 8 pages, do you not get bored of this?

RE: AI rep - no action. - Username removed - 10-20-2020

What exactly is stopping you from interacting with other factions, conduct diplomacy to build relations with them and ask for a rep hack to reflect that?

RE: AI rep - no action. - Czechmate - 10-20-2020

(10-20-2020, 02:42 PM)Ivan Norovich Wrote: What exactly is stopping you from interacting with other factions, conduct diplomacy to build relations with them and ask for a rep hack to reflect that?
Lack of an OF, inability to speak for the whole NPC faction and people on dead accounts that don't even play the faction that will derail that RP for no benefit to themselves whatsoever. Just scroll up, it's like pissing against the wind.