Discovery Gaming Community
Hey, Guys. It's me. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Hey, Guys. It's me. (/showthread.php?tid=184162)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Hey, Guys. It's me. - WizardLizard - 10-25-2020

Ye so like @"Ivan Norovich" i agree with your thing, but i feel like that people in this game like to hold on to hate towards other groups which can be increadibly annoying. Usually, hate is unfounded, and people like to care way too much about the pixels on their screen, way more than what i believed was humanly possible, especially with the amount of butthurt people get for literally no reason. At all.

RE: Hey, Guys. It's me. - puppytaste - 10-25-2020

(@Zoronodonovon Dunno why you never replied to my PM, Ima post it here because its a good idea that I really want feedback on)

You are correct. I just came back a few months ago after not playing for about 6 years or so. RedEclipse wanted to start Phoenix up again, and we have been very successful. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we are all vet players that at least try to RP and play fair. I think what is wrong with Disco now is that the player base has been distilled down to its most toxic and hardcore players. It makes It difficult for the few new players that do come along to find their place, and frustrates the hell out of returning vets to see the shape this has fallen into.

What we need are more players to dilute the solution. We will never get rid of toxic or hardcore players, but we can make them more rare with more players. I do my best to talk to them when I see them, I've even attempted to promote the game in other places that you might find RP'ers but haven't much luck. I even got banned from a RP group on Reddit once for posting about disco (NSFW ban, how?).

So really that's what I think needs to happen. Draw more attention to the community and take away the attention from the toxic buttholes that seem to make up more and more of the player base here by proportion. If you have any ideas on getting more players I'd love to hear them.

RE: Hey, Guys. It's me. - Zoronodonovon - 10-25-2020

I ddidnt answer to any PM's because I didnt really conversations xD
I was simply going to put my results in a spreadsheet and go from there and then start an actual discussion.

RE: Hey, Guys. It's me. - puppytaste - 10-25-2020

Ah okie. I am very interested in your efforts. Please feel free to reach out if there is anything I can do to help. You can find my discord in my profile.

RE: Hey, Guys. It's me. - WizardLizard - 10-25-2020

What puppy said, i look forward to the results.

RE: Hey, Guys. It's me. - Zoronodonovon - 10-25-2020

I'll keep this in the latest activity bar for a few more days and then see what we get out of it, so far. Sadly not alot.

Just to throw it out there again, if you are a staff member, you are also welcome. I dont want only the player's experience

RE: Hey, Guys. It's me. - Zaltarias - 10-28-2020

ih owh rea ouy