Discovery Gaming Community
A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects (/showthread.php?tid=184427)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Chronicron - 11-10-2020

Tricia's home was just as she described it. A medium sized two-story house, constructed in Modern style, with all that follows - black and white interior decoration with laminated floors and rectangular furniture. The guest room was spacious, with two couches in the middle of the room and a large TV screen on the wall. A small refrigerator was humming silently in a corner, reminding of its existence and contents.

[Image: nMxVk4M.jpg]

The house itself was located at the shore, with a nice view over Manhattan's biggest oceans. Its surroundings were actually well organized - the grass was cut short by Trish herself and the perimeter was guarded by a tall, tight wooden fence. A small, private hangar could be seen right besides the house.

The hangar itself was open, but it had a special mechanism that allowed to lower the parked vessel under the ground and cover it with a sturdy metallic lid, making room for one more ship that could be parked at the surface. The hangar's underground section was connected directly to her house with a diagonal elevator, allowing Tricia to travel freely between her house's comfort and the hangar.

Despite the nice looks in theory, on practice her house interior was a mess, mainly because she lives alone and doesn't gets any guests at all. But knowing that Sun could arrive any moment, she frantically tried to tidy up her guest room, placing all the blankets carefully on their designated couches and mopping the floors.

RE: A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Dark_Knight - 11-10-2020

Sun lands her Serenity awkwardly at the hangar, thankfully she was a decent enough pilot to conduct such tight landings. She exits out her serenity with her orange Buddhist robes, wooden sandals and a leather satchel around her person. Sun looks about, marvelled by the architecture and interior design of the hangar keeping her hands together before approaching the elevator looking around for some type of door-bell if any.

RE: A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Chronicron - 11-11-2020

Is it time already? She thought as she heard Sun's Serenity land in her hangar. Chaotically, she put the mop into the closet, tidied up her hair and called the elevator down.

The elevator opened upon arrival. It had built-in sensors, which would detect anyone inside, and if Sun were to step in, the elevator's doors would close and the machine would swiftly carry her upwards.

RE: A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Dark_Knight - 11-11-2020

Sun hesitantly steps in the elevator looking about it's interior before it swiftly carries her up "Goodness" she says with a small smile, it was a small shock to her system. She wait for it to carry her upwards to Tricia's house, she briefly adjusts herself before the elevator arrives. Sun steps into Tricia's spacious apartment looking around with admiration and a serene smile, she spies Tricia and places her hands together in a prayer doing a full Buddhist bow "Miss Reyes, we meet at last in the flesh. Your home is, lovely, I thankyou for accepting me as your guest" she says in her friendly and serene manner.

RE: A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Chronicron - 11-11-2020

By the time Sun arrived, Trish was already at the bar counter at her kitchen just to Sun's left. "Hey. Thanks for coming by. Please, take a seat. " She pointed at the couches while looking through her supplies of various coffee and teas. "Would you like some tea? Coffee? Milk? Or just water?"

RE: A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Dark_Knight - 11-11-2020

Sun waves over at Trish walking over to the couch, she gently sits herself down neatly because responding "Tea shall do nicely, one sugar please" she says in a polite fashion. She looks around the apartment "I must admit, my home is much less spacious" she compliments with a smile

RE: A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Chronicron - 11-12-2020

As Sun said it, Trish was already eyeing the black bretonian tea pack. "Thanks. It took me a while to get things sorted." She poured some leaves and instant hot water into a teapot. While the tea was brewing, she briefly left the kitchen, leaning on the doorway. Unlike on her transmission bar, she was wearing a tight black t-shirt and black pants with tactical pockets. "The tea will be ready in a minute... I usually don't get any guests, none at all, to be honest, but I'm glad to have your company anyway. And... Yea, I like some space to my home, after all, Core Capital ships have surprisingly tight personal quarters."

RE: A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Dark_Knight - 11-12-2020

Sun smiles over at Trish nodding "Mm, I have two homes, one on my Serenity and one at Freeport 9 and both are rather, cramped but I do not mind such things." she states watching Trish at the doorway "I have never been on a Core capital vessel, so I cannot gauge but it must be nice to be on solid ground with solid gravity" she says.

RE: A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Chronicron - 11-12-2020

Trish smiled briefly. "The Core capitals have mediocre comfort, actually. They don't want the crew to be on edge, but they also don't want us too relaxed either. The artificial gravity is absent in some areas, such as AI core or storage. But having solid ground under your feet is... Reassuring."

For a moment, she looked at the kitchen. "Tea's ready, I'll be right back." She said as she stepped back and took two tea cups with tea plates and tea spoons out of the counter with a small carton box of sugar. She poured a generous amount of tea into both cups, dropping one sugar cube into one of them. However, she liked her tea with a drop of milk, and she had a small bottle of fresh, natural milk stored in her fridge just for this case. (Cookies. Where are the cookies?) She thought, as she took a glassy bowl out of the counter and placed it near the teacups. After scurrying around inside of various sections of her bar counter, she finally found a full, unopened bag of oatmeal biscuits with chocolate chips. (Hope this will do.)

Teacups on tea plates with teaspoons, one small bowl of sugar cubes and a big bowl of cookies. All laying on one flat wooden tray. There was a small table between the couches, on which she put the tray and took her seat right in front of Sun. "Suit yourself. Yours already has a cube of sugar in it." She said, gently waving over the tray, while taking her own cup and placing it on a table, closer to her.

RE: A casual dialogue about non-casual subjects - Dark_Knight - 11-12-2020

Sun takes the cup neatly and politely drinking it in with a smile "Thankyou" she then partakes in one of the cookies and nibbles on it a little rubbing her lip after "Mm, quite nice, I've made some cookies myself in time" she says with her nice polite way. Sun looks up at Tricia "So is there anything you wish to talk about, leaving Core couldn't have been easy" she comments, curious.