Discovery Gaming Community
Gun for a Dress - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Gun for a Dress (/showthread.php?tid=184603)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Gun for a Dress - Reeves - 11-25-2020

She had misunderstood him, so he attempted to clarify. "Yes, that's why I said in future, Sun. We haven't grown that close yet." He stressed upon the last word of that statement, hoping his subtle implication was seen as a potential future occurrence, as intended, rather than mischief in the moment.

Something she had said caused him to smile, and after clarifying his own words, he'd shed light on what that was"I'm both surprised and flattered that you find the idea appealing even now. I'll take that as a compliment, I think." Not offended by the minor misunderstanding, Morreti finally breaks eye contact to look at the pot of food, wondering if she needed help serving it.

RE: Gun for a Dress - Dark_Knight - 11-25-2020

Sun does a small smile at him after the first comment "Of course, you are a gentleman" she does a pause as she muses, watching over the boiling pot of vegetable "I think in future it may very well be likely, yif you continue being- surprising" she says with a amused hum as she skims foam on the surface of the pot and puts in a skewer, she turns off the heat.

She gets out a saucepan, she heats a teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat and adds previously cut up eggplant talking to Damien "Others would see it as strange, our relationship, I do know you've killed people Damien, and it does fill me with some pause but I am also one to accept things the way they are, to better understand people. I do wish to ask, do you have regrets?" she asks of him, a hefty question to the Xeno.

RE: Gun for a Dress - Reeves - 11-27-2020

Her question caused him to pause for a little more than a second's worth of time. A period he used to introspect and to honestly think about that, did he actually ever feel the slightest sliver of regret doing the things he did? "No, because the people I kill are the same people who are so quick to dismiss us as harmless. Those same people would see not only me, but everyone who fights for the same cause made subservient to an interhouse agenda. Where a ruling elite would use and abuse us towards a never ending pursuit for wider profit margins. I can't feel bad for taking all the lives I have, not when they've already taken everything of value in ours." It was a long and uninterrupted line of thought that he expressed with restrained passion, he had all the hallmarks of a potent public speaker. But it could just as well have been the fact that he was a cunning demagogue, perhaps both of these things are true. His methods certainly seemed to corroborate that much, balanced between instances of guardianship over smaller and independent diasporas like the IMG and Zoners. But an equivalent, if not greater tendency to inflict gruesome yet petty vengeance upon those who were not always aware of the part they played in the plight of the Xenos.

Despite the philosophical tangent this conversation had surprisingly taken, he had fetched his jacket and begun slipping it back on. He presumed that they would be at the table Sun had prepared, replete with candles, soon enough.

RE: Gun for a Dress - Dark_Knight - 11-27-2020

Sun stares at him deeply, there isn't a hint of fear in her stare, she doe a small smile towards him, understanding. Sun speaks towards him as she finishes cooking the eggplant, transferring it to a plate "There's a old saying, To be angry is to let others' mistakes punish yourself. To forgive others is to be good to yourself, so I do forgive you for your transgressions even if you do not forgive them yourself" she says with a pleasant smile, she adds a teaspoon of oil to the pan and adds the bell peppers and asparagus, beginning to saute them.

She humms a little to herself before speaking again in her pleasant tone "I consider this a very precious opportunity, to speak with a killer. It is not the first time I have done this, although I did not expect you to be so charming" she speaks with a small smile and a chuckle "Forgive me if you think I am using you" she states, doing a small Buddhist bow

RE: Gun for a Dress - Reeves - 11-27-2020

He shook his head immediately after her bow and formal apology. "You never to need to bow for me. Well, at least not unless it's for intimate reasons. I always prefer when people, especially partners are bold about what their thoughts are." If she wasn't still busy cooking, he might have thoroughly expressed his appreciation of her own charm with appropriate lip service, but that was better left for another time. "In all honesty, I didn't expect to find you as attractive as I do either." This was a change of pace he appreciated, less awkwardness and more expressions of what she actually thought and even felt. The way she reciprocated harmless flirting was admittedly quite cute as well, maybe it was the fact that his brain couldn't help but still identify her as a monk for the moment. Albeit a monk with tattoos worth extended admiration.

RE: Gun for a Dress - Dark_Knight - 11-27-2020

Sun finishes sautéing the peppers and asparagus, moving to do the same with the mushrooms adding salt and pepper, she does a large grin towards Damien "Oh I do bow often, but I do thankyou for the compliment. I to like people to show their true colours, who they truly are, free to be free" she says wistfully as she watches the pan, she blushes heavily after the attractive line, she takes a quick breath looking to him "You also have beauty Damien, but one must be careful desire can be compared to fire, one must be careful before grasping it" she says with a small friendly chuckle

RE: Gun for a Dress - Reeves - 11-28-2020

Boldly, he reached out and cupped her cheek in his hand, playfully putting her statement or perhaps hypothesis to the test. "I don't feel burned. Maybe I'm just used to the heat." While he did this, he approached her by another step. He was close enough now for her to have a better view of how blue his eyes were, and likewise he was able to better appreciate her tattoos from the new angle. "It's a sensible enough opinion to have. But when it comes to us, feel free to grasp whenever the motivation strikes you." He'd linger in this position at least until she had the chance to perhaps respond before withdrawing to his previous spot, patiently waiting for when they'd be back at the table.

RE: Gun for a Dress - Dark_Knight - 11-28-2020

Sun drops the wooden spoon as her cheek is grabbed, she stares her dark brown eyes back at the Xeno, it certainly was very forward. She takes a sharp breath then a smile towards him "Oh my, Damien you are a funny one" she says before adding the mushrooms and vegetables to the pot, she then gently adds the curry roux she made earlier over the pot letting it dissolve. She then grates a apple over the curry and finally puts the curry on a homemade wooden-plates with steamed rice.

She walks over to the table and puts down Damien's plate infront of him with home-made wooden fork and knife, she sits across from Damien praying briefly and commenting "Someone as charming as you, I doubt I am your first" she comments before eating some of her Kusari Curry

RE: Gun for a Dress - Reeves - 11-28-2020

Despite that being a personal statement, he doesn't mind clarifying and furthermore doesn't appear offended by it either. "You're not wrong, but it's not as long of a list as you might think." Surprisingly enough, there was a reclusive side to him and that was what most people saw. It was either that or his facade as Cobra. This more human version of him was much rarer and it felt genuine. "I've never met anyone like you before." It was an entirely honest observation. Nobody else he'd ever met was a tattooed monk, and the religious sort usually weren't cute like this.

RE: Gun for a Dress - Dark_Knight - 11-29-2020

Sun looks over at him as she eats, she does a curious look at the first comment "Really? Hm, perhaps I have been reading too much novels" she jokes with a small smile. She looks over at him and reads him carefully, before responding "I have met many like you, even before my time, the scoundrel with a heart of gold? I believe that is the phrase" she says with a chuckle in-between bites of the meal