Discovery Gaming Community
Spatial or Osprey MKII? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Spatial or Osprey MKII? (/showthread.php?tid=184702)

Spatial or Osprey MKII? - Climberson - 11-24-2020

I like the SHFs, and a question arises, which SHF would be better, Spatial or Osprey MKII? They are similar in technical data, Spatial carries more weapons, Osprey has a better design. I would like to know the opinion of the pilots who fly SHFs.

RE: Spatial or Osprey MKII? - Misfit - 11-24-2020

I was told to post here because the Osprey is kinda my thing so I'm just gonna say the Osprey is better because it's cooler. I don't have any practical information other than that if you're a Freelancer you'll have a technerf with the Osprey which doesn't really mean much when you have an SHF powercore, and the Spatial feels slower and heavier to me but I don't actually know if that's a real stat.

RE: Spatial or Osprey MKII? - Climberson - 11-25-2020

I like Osprey a lot too. They are very similar in size, both in height and length (I placed them next to each other), the design changes a lot, Spatial has a triangular design, Osprey has a "T" shape, which reduces the area for shots by above and below. I am testing both, I will soon post my considerations here.

RE: Spatial or Osprey MKII? - Lusitano - 11-25-2020

Osprey if you have one Zoner Id, but Spatial if it is another id, because the technerf. Spatial looks good and i think better powercore and one more gun, but has a bigger back side, that makes it a bigger target.

Technerf on Osprey really is an issue to take into account, by "Compatibility Calculator" the only IDs that are worth would be
Zoner (obvious 100%), Xenos (100%), Crayter (90%), GMG (90%), Order (90%), Confederal Galic Defense (75%), Cryer (75%), Freelancer (75%), IMG (75%), Junkers (75%), Natio (75%), Pirate (75%) and Synth Foods (75%).

Whereas only 90% upwards has a satisfactory use (Zoner, Xenos, Crayter, GMG and Order), It is very limited in relation to Spatial.

Now whether Xenos, Crayter, GMG and Order are worth using Osprey is another matter.

RE: Spatial or Osprey MKII? - Misfit - 11-25-2020

I really wouldn't say that 75% on a SHF core is unsatisfactory. SHF cores even at 75% are more than capable of doing what you need, you're not at a disadvantage fighting a VHF that has 100% core regeneration.

I did not know that the xenos has 100% on the osprey!! i really thought that it was a zoner only ship, that the allies could use with small nerf!! even more because there are more shf than these two, but ok!

but also about the 75% .. well every bit counts, and also depends of the type of weapons you use.

I also didn't know that xenos has 100% in the osprey, before see in Compatibility Calculator!! We can expect from now on Ospreys pirating transports in Liberty, hehehe.

I considered 90% hypothetically for most weapon configurations. If you have equipped an ASURAS for example, with 75% you will feel a difference in power regeneration.

But for most configurations 75%, it fits perfectly in my opinion too

they have 100% but honestly they shouldn't, there are other civilian options like the spatial, arrasta and the warhammer. even pirates and freelancer shoudn't have the 75% and much less the gallic, because it is a ship from the zoner line and it should be for zoners and "allies" with some nerf depend of much allies they are. there are plenty of civilian options, like the spatial, the arrasta, the warhammer and also the gallic pilier, and the unlawfull werewolf. this case you can see one zoner transport being pirated by one pirate on one zoner ship, but you don't see, for example, one rheinland transport being pirated by a red heessian or one unioner with one mjolnir .. but who i'm i to say something like that, right?!

like i said before, the nerf effect depend the weapons that you use, if it is just some normal fighter weapons, you barely notice with the 90% and notice that" something isn't right"with 75%, but some weapons take a lot, and if the shield goes don't you notice even more. normal fighters can have less power and armor and even guns, but are much more agile and that can make a big difference, especially if you have some kind of nerf.