Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned (/showthread.php?tid=18565)

Pages: 1 2

Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Fellow Hoodlum - 03-29-2009

BHG|Core-Perseus has been sanctioned and banned for:

Quote:3.1 Using coarse language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private, is prohibited under
any circumstances.

Sanction: no less than 7-day ban.
Fined all credits and guns, banned for seven days.

Hoodlum

Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Athenian - 03-29-2009

As one of the Guildmasters, can I see evidence of this?

Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Perseus - 03-29-2009

Dear admins,

you see me pretty surprised and I honestly don't have a clue what might have caused this, certainly well investigated, bann.

I've been on Discovery for a couple of years now and I never got a bann before so I'm really kind of shocked, but maybe my lacking knowledge in english caused some trouble that I wasn't aware of when using an unsuitalbe word - please accept my appologizes.

Only thing funny is that it's usually me who tells other players friendly in private chat not to use bad or
racistic language.

You see me shattered.

Yours Perseus

PS: Is it possible it get a look at the evidence(s)? - When I know what exactly I did wrong I can prevent doing the same mistake again - thank you in advance.

PPS: I still can't believe it, I don't know how often I've been reading this thread now, prolly every minute since I got aware of it, I'm torturing my brain with the question "what did I do that caused that?" - I mean
it's "me" a 40 years old german guy with a pretty good education and familiar background, I'm the kind
of guy that puts a lot to that game and tries to help and explain each and everyone any question I can
answer, even when the person I'm talking to has real limited knowledge in english I don't lose patience
and stay on the problem untill the question is answered.

All I can say - I can't believe that this happened to me - but there must be a reason and it drives me crazy
that I don't have a slight clue what .....

Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Reverend Del - 03-29-2009

Your Faction leader has the evidence. I'm sure he'll show it to you. But trust me you used the F-word in group chat. Something about keeping the effing bombers off you.

Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Perseus - 03-30-2009

' Wrote:Your Faction leader has the evidence. I'm sure he'll show it to you. But trust me you used the F-word in group chat. Something about keeping the effing bombers off you.

Dear admins,

even when I still haven't seen any evidence yet I don't have a serious reason to doubt that I failed and
deserved a penality.

I did not use any coarse language on purpose, as I'm a foreigner it often is not easy to find a word
that does express your feelings in a suitable way, then you just use a word that seems to be common
in such a situation. Please accept my appologizes again.

I have read the rules many, many times, already before this happend, of course.
About using unsuaitable words I found the following:

3. Rules of conduct

3.1 Using coarse language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private, is prohibited under any circumstances.

Sanction: no less than 7-day ban.

1.6 Player who is violating a server rule can be warned in the game or on forums. If the player does not ignore the warning, does not repeat the violation, and tries to reduce the negative consequences of what he/she did, this player would not be sanctioned.

Warning is optional. In case of a violation, especially a serious one, sanction can be applied straightaway.

Now I've 2 questions:

1. When the rules say that sanction for such a fail ist a 7 day ban why have also all credits and guns
been finded as well?

2. As I never received any penality before, and I'm on Disco since the first days, does the bann only
effect the character, in this case BHG|Core-Perseus or also all other characters on my account?

Thank you in advance.

Perseus

Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Reverend Del - 03-30-2009

It says no less than 7 days, that can and does include full credit and gun strip

Also it apllies to you. So all your characters are banned for seven days.

By now your faction leader should have seen the evidence.

Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Athenian - 03-30-2009

I've seen the screenshots, and Perseus did indeed drop the f word in group chat. He has acknowledged that he did break a rule and the server rules are explicit.

Many other people have used what could be described as "coarse" language in group chat. Players, myself included, believe that group chat is a different context to public chat, mostly because I know a lot of the players I am grouped with very well and have talked, and indeed sworn at and been sworn back at (but in a nice way) on skype.

I think the assumption is that if you are in a group, your fellow group members' sense of unity might prompt them to maybe warn you about your language use or behaviour rather than report you and cause you to get a stiff fine and a ban. This is a problem that could have been dealt with between players, as many other problems can. I would hope that other members of the group would at least point out to a player that they are offended.

A sanction should always be a last resort, as that line in console says.

Having said that...
Quote:I'm a foreigner it often is not easy to find a word
that does express your feelings in a suitable way, then you just use a word that seems to be common
in such a situation.

If you're not sure how to express yourself, say it to your monitor. Less trouble.

I hope this ends the matter.

Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Perseus - 04-07-2009

' Wrote:Your Faction leader has the evidence. I'm sure he'll show it to you. But trust me you used the F-word in group chat. Something about keeping the effing bombers off you.

Hello Reverand Del,

a week has past by and I'd like to ask if it was possible to unbann my account(s) again.

Thank you in advance.

Perseus

Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-07-2009

Accounts unbanned now ...

Admin Notice, player sanctioned and banned - Perseus - 04-10-2009

' Wrote:Accounts unbanned now ...

Hello admins,

as it seems one of my accounts has been overseen when I got unbanned
as I still don't have access to it.

Affected chars are:

Max_Gruber

Max_Kruger

[Bank]_G&K_Investments

I'd appreciate it very much if you could take care of that and unbann it as well.

Thank you in advance.

Perseus