Discovery Gaming Community
Darkwind's discussions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Community Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=627)
+--- Thread: Darkwind's discussions (/showthread.php?tid=185978)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Darkwind's discussions - darkwind - 02-01-2021

This thread is made for discussions of things in planning or progress by me, or which were already added to the server. Feel free to talk here.

Thread for announcements (Do not write there) contains things that were fully-added to the server

My color templates:
Code:
[color=#00BF00]Agreed[/color]
[color=#CD0B0D]Rejected[/color]
[color=#FFBF00]Considering[/color]

RE: Darkwind's discussions - Skorak - 02-01-2021

A lot of good work there, especially on bugs I thought I'd never see a resolution for.

Keep it up, thank you!

Edit: Realised I actually do have a question. Any idea if the docking modules can possibly regain their usefulness by not being flung 100k below plane when you log off?

RE: Darkwind's discussions - darkwind - 02-01-2021

(02-01-2021, 03:34 PM)Skorak Wrote: A lot of good work there, especially on bugs I thought I'd never see a resolution for.

Keep it up, thank you!

Edit: Realised I actually do have a question. Any idea if the docking modules can possibly regain their usefulness by not being flung 100k below plane when you log off?

Uh. I already even coded it. But I will not give hopes here. I expect it to be stuck in process of 'code review' for a long time (read 'forever') for several reasons.

RE: Darkwind's discussions - Skorak - 02-01-2021

That sounds really *****. Oh well. Still thanks for the effort.

RE: Darkwind's discussions - Karlotta - 02-01-2021

Not sure if this is the intended place for suggestions for pob related features/commands too, but here goes anyway:

1. Things to make POBs less ugly:

a) When deploying a pob, add an option to deploy it in an exact position (the xyz and rotation coordinates that will be written in the server side pob ascii file). This will let people test exact positions (for example neatly attached to another pob or npc base) using a private server, also with how higher core models will look once they are completed.

b) When deploying a pob, add an option to only deploy a pob that will survive 1 minute with no or little material costs. This will let players see how their future core 1 base will look exactly when deployed, and where it will be. Maybe this can already be done by giving it very few starting hitpoints, with the need to give it crew+alloy+fwo soon after being built. (also see 2b)

c) Add an option that will move pobs to an exact xyz/rotation that is not too far from the current position, for a price

d) Let players buy custom pob models after the pob is built (like they are already used in events) once a pob has been placed.

2: Things to make POBs easier to manage in an environment-friendly way

a) Let players de-activate weapon platforms without destroying them. One way could be for the wps to not shoot if they are placed too close to or inside the pob model (simply placing them inside still lets them shoot in some angles because pob walls only seem to block from the outside and not the inside)

b) Divide the crew (and fwo) requirements by 10 (or 5 or at least 2). This will allow players to have more disco time having fun instead of shipping stuff while trying to avoid interactions. This will make the implementation of 1b easier too. Also, the current models dont looks like they can even fit the current crew requirement

c) Add a defense mode that lets you white list or blacklist IDs/IFFs instead of names/tags. I think you already did this but its not yet implemented?

RE: Darkwind's discussions - Sava - 02-01-2021

I second @Karlotta on all her points.

•Small vanilla base models for POBs will only make them more eye appealing, there's absolutely no reason to limit their use.
•Placing WPs inside the POB doesn't work as a measure to disable them without destroying them, projectiles penetrate the hull. I've tried.

RE: Darkwind's discussions - darkwind - 02-01-2021

(02-01-2021, 06:24 PM)Karlotta Wrote: c) Add a defense mode that lets you white list or blacklist IDs/IFFs instead of names/tags. I think you already did this but its not yet implemented?

Yes, it is already coded and awaits code review finishing, hopefully going to be relatively soon.

(02-01-2021, 06:24 PM)Karlotta Wrote: b) Divide the crew (and fwo) requirements by 10 (or 5 or at least 2). This will allow players to have more disco time having fun instead of shipping stuff while trying to avoid interactions. This will make the implementation of 1b easier too. Also, the current models dont looks like they can even fit the current crew requirement

Dev request should be addressed to balance/economy devs

(02-01-2021, 06:24 PM)Karlotta Wrote: a) Let players de-activate weapon platforms without destroying them. One way could be for the wps to not shoot if they are placed too close to or inside the pob model (simply placing them inside still lets them shoot in some angles because pob walls only seem to block from the outside and not the inside)

Two fixes were already planned for it doing a similar thing but in a completely different way
First one: Almost code reviewed and merged, hopefully coming soon
Second one: Wishing to be coded

(02-01-2021, 06:24 PM)Karlotta Wrote: Not sure if this is the intended place for suggestions for pob related features/commands too, but here goes anyway:
a) When deploying a pob, add an option to deploy it in an exact position (the xyz and rotation coordinates that will be written in the server side pob ascii file). This will let people test exact positions (for example neatly attached to another pob or npc base) using a private server, also with how higher core models will look once they are completed.

Added to things to do. I was asked to do similar but in a different way, I like the new offered choice better.

(02-01-2021, 06:24 PM)Karlotta Wrote: b) When deploying a pob, add an option to only deploy a pob that will survive 1 minute with no or little material costs. This will let players see how their future core 1 base will look exactly when deployed, and where it will be. Maybe this can already be done by giving it very few starting hitpoints, with the need to give it crew+alloy+fwo soon after being built. (also see 2b)

Too many code restrictions, additions to add for a little effect. Rejected.

(02-01-2021, 06:24 PM)Karlotta Wrote: c) Add an option that will move pobs to an exact xyz/rotation that is not too far from the current position, for a price

Curious. It will be voted to decide if others allow to add it.

(02-01-2021, 06:24 PM)Karlotta Wrote: d) Let players buy custom pob models after the pob is built (like they are already used in events) once a pob has been placed.

Interesting.
Preferably it needs some other preplanned code additions being added before it is touched.
But they aren't strictly necessary and could be coded even without it.
Hmm, actually it should be coded with 'relative' thing I have in mind before adding it.
It will be voted if it would be allowed

RE: Darkwind's discussions - darkwind - 02-02-2021

(02-01-2021, 06:24 PM)Karlotta Wrote: b) When deploying a pob, add an option to only deploy a pob that will survive 1 minute with no or little material costs. This will let players see how their future core 1 base will look exactly when deployed, and where it will be. Maybe this can already be done by giving it very few starting hitpoints, with the need to give it crew+alloy+fwo soon after being built. (also see 2b)

i realized alternative to achieve similar goal. Allowing freely moving/rotating base in first ten - sixty minutes after it was deployed in N radius from original position.

Example: you just deployed pob in 333, 44, 555 coords. You can move and rotate it by setting precise coords, rots, while one hour did not pass. And as long as moved position in 2000 distance from 333, 44, 555 original position. When lifespan of base is longer than one hour, you cant move it for free any longer

RE: Darkwind's discussions - Karlotta - 02-02-2021

Maybe give it 1 hour of free not-too far movement after construction, and another hour of not-too far movement buyable for 500 mil afterwards. Abuses of that (like moving a core 4 to block a docking ring or something) can be prevented with rules and laws.

RE: Darkwind's discussions - darkwind - 02-02-2021

(02-02-2021, 07:22 PM)Karlotta Wrote: Maybe give it 1 hour of free not-too far movement after construction, and another hour of not-too far movement buyable for 500 mil afterwards. Abuses of that (like moving a core 4 to block a docking ring or something) can be prevented with rules and laws.

The same thing already crossed my mind too, and I agree with it. Buying not a one-time movement, but one hour of access to move not too far from the original position, but it still requires some sort of approvement from others