Discovery Gaming Community
Tau Reborn - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Tau Reborn (/showthread.php?tid=186267)

Tau Reborn - Atreides2 - 02-14-2021

Tau 44, after the Orange Hammer. A system with debris and fires.

Guarded by the Zephyr Class vessel Triton, the Minato station still bore the damage of the attack and the shuttle transporting the Governor has to duck a few remains which are still orbiting the station. "We really need to fix this. Jo, you managed to get in contact with Hephaestus Company and see what is taking them so long to get here?" he spoke to one of his aids aboard the shuttle. "Sir, they will be coming to the system within the next 3 days." Grabbing his datapad and looking over the numbers of military staff and civilian, he could still not understand why the Government was not sending more troops and materials, why the delay...

With his mind occupied, he didn't felt his shuttle docking with Minato, only when the door opened he smelled the smoky air in the docking bay 3, as the teams were occupied with melting and repurposing some of the debris to reinforce the outer hull. "Jo, I want a report on the progress done by our Damage Control teams. Oh, also, please get me a report from the New Gemini storehouses, we may need to send more material here." and he proceeded down the ramp towards Deck 9, unofficially designed The War Room.

Going around the decks, he noted so many soldiers coming out of their free time to help the engineers and civilians aboard to repair the station, noting with pride that everyone had a small flamed Phoenix insignia on their chest or hand. Smiling, he also observed the air of the people, that these are not of a beaten nation, that they are proud and ready to the ultimate sacrifice.

Inside the conference room, he took a chair and while waiting for the BMS delegation, he started to check some datapads, whispering to himself "We will prevail... like the Phoenix" ...

RE: Tau Reborn - Zentor - 02-18-2021

[Image: 06ftE2l.png]

The regions surrounding Borneo bore the heavy scars of the Maltese incursion plainly. Large debris fields of wreckage silently drifted past their shuttle window, reminding of the tremendous sense of loss. In the distance, the hulks of capital vessel could still be made out against the static backdrop of smaller scrap. Many thousands of lives had been lost as the denizens of Malta had bore down upon the Taus during their Operation Orange Hammer, unleashing their cardamin-fuelled fury.

Almost in stark defiance of this morose scene stood Minato Harbor, or most of it. Though having suffered significant damage, upon close approach, a hive of activity was seen as dozens of ships swiftly came and went. Small, hastily modified repair ships and drones hovered close to the superstructure of the station, as tiny beams of laserlisght could be seen, welding repairs were well underway.

Pulled from the depths of his thoughts upon touchdown, Captain Tarik Torren rose from his seat next to his companion, Captain Rasim Naramov and the two made their way to the designated conference room aboard Minato Harbor. Upon entering, the slender figure of Governor Aeryn Condor stood and put down his data slate and smiled in greeting.

"I trust your travel was safe and uneventful?" he said as the three of them shook hands.
"Yes, thank you" Torren responded and the three of them took their seats.
"Well, Minato's abuzz with activity, I'm glad to see that. Well, I believe we have much to discuss. Where shall we begin?" Tarik settled into his seat and pulled out a data slate...

[Image: CsMUY2e.png]

RE: Tau Reborn - Atreides2 - 02-23-2021

Eyeing Tarik, he noted his impatience and his desire to set things right. "I like your attitude, mister Tarik. Well then, I will be brief." Aeryn said and he straightens himself. "We survived the Orange Hammer. Barely. Look at the Tau now, it lies in debris from the battles we fought here. We!" he stopped for a few seconds and gently slammed the table "I said WE!. After all that happened between IMG and Crayter during the Gallic wars, we still came together as we are one, we are the lawful inhabitants of this systems and we fought for it. Crayterians and Guild personnel died side by side, fighting the Orange waves and we hold our grounds."

He activated a geopolitical map of the Tau region and routes from Coronado. "The losses covered by Crayterian Fleet here are huge and our central Government is not able at the moment to ferry lots of materials and troops due to the connections with Yuma." he coughed and continued "We can all agree that in Tau, we need each other. With that in mind and seeing our results during the Orange Hammer, I called on all Tau 44 inhabitants to come together and forge new relations, as if one of us falls, we all fall."

The map switched to Tau 44 "Gentlemen, I will put now the results of the Hammer operation. In short, we have Sulawesi and Minato damaged, we only have operational now the Triton battlegroup and Borneo Ground Forces. I had already engaged the entire Colony of Borneo manpower and resources to fix and get ready to repair Crayterian systems and stations around the system, but this task is too great. At the moment I want to know what resources you can dedicate to these repairs and if you agree that a local alliance between our forces would be beneficial for the system. As Crayterian Governor of Borneo and Crayterian installations within Tau 44, I do not wish to yield one inch of space to our enemies and I wish to maintain the system open to any lawful entity in the Tau. And that, gentlemen, requires also a developed Tau 44 which I want to discuss with you if you agree to this vision"

RE: Tau Reborn - TheShooter36 - 02-26-2021

"Finally someone with some senses instead of cheese in place of brain." Rasim ceased his observatory silence for the first time. "Governor, it seems you are one of the few among Colonials that understands we, for one reason or the other, need eachother." Rasim looked at Tarik and shifted his attention back to the governor. "Feel free to skip the results, we all know about them, just like everyone with access to god damn NeuralNet. The difference is we have seen and took part in the battles. Triton Battlegroup can confirm our presence." Rasim then thought about Governor's offer. Meanwhile he poured some hot water into a glass and pulled out a pocket of black tea and mixed them with a stick. "Hails from New Moscow, this tea. I heard some Colonial families also have a similar tea. Anyways, your offer of...local alliance. Would be better if you elaborate. What it entails and on what kind of terms. With today's Colonials, one always has to expect caveats and surprise situations." As Rasim said that, his tea was ready to drink, so he took a sip from it and after putting down his glass, slid two more pockets across the table.