Discovery Gaming Community
Survey: reason(s) to stay - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Survey: reason(s) to stay (/showthread.php?tid=186630)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Survey: reason(s) to stay - yatezen - 03-08-2021

I've been playing Freelancer and Discovery since they were created. It's one of those games that just stuck with me. I was sad when I realized Freelancer servers died, but when I discovered Discovery I was so happy. It's true there are large gaps between my play times when life gets in the way but I always come back to it and love when I find discovery has been updated or expanded. Nothing about the game drives me away. Even with low population I still enjoy myself. I was thinking about operating my own server if this one ever fell. I feel that this game needs to stay alive. There are a few new games that are very similar with fancy graphics and more things to do, BUT they don't have the laid back freelancer simplicity. When I get home from a long day at work I don't want to much craziness, I want a fairly relaxed game play. Another game I feel the same way about is Wurm Online. Which is another long running game though consistently developed to this day. It's another game I can just casually play or not. I can build my character and then come back to it whenever. Where both of these games fall victim is unless you are an older gamer, you've never heard of it. It's not like freelancer is advertised or anything. So if fewer new people are trying it, less people are getting hooked. Wurm moved to steam and boosted their numbers big time. What we need is a new shiny version of discovery and a full community marketing effort lol. Plaster it on social media, make memes, make gifs, FB groups, etc.. This is a game I'd be willing to contribute to financially, there must be others like me. I don't want to see it die unless of course they make a brand new awesome modern version with the same old soul. I have to say though it does look damn good in 4k. But yeah, like somoene else said, people who love this game will never leave forever, we just need new people.

RE: Survey: reason(s) to stay - Karlotta - 03-08-2021

Like most people, I play for what disco could be, instead of what it is (or has been since 2009).

RE: Survey: reason(s) to stay - Kosa - 04-04-2021

What I enjoy most about Freelancer is the unlimited freedom, the diversity of the universe and the multiplayer environment. Ship management is detailed yet very simple. Of course it's a ton of nostalgia too whenever I play. I believe we have very few new players due to newer games with fancier graphics and hunders of times more massive player bases. I agree with yatezen in that we would need some advertisement for people to join. I don't agree with the fact the disco's population is dwindling. A few years back we shrinked to an average 40-50ish players online and we steadily hold that number since. And it's enough for having fun and finding interactions.

RE: Survey: reason(s) to stay - Username removed - 04-04-2021

(03-05-2021, 03:32 PM)Kauket Wrote:
(03-05-2021, 01:18 PM)Saronsen Wrote: MURDER

AND MAYHEM AWAIT

SILENCE, s l a v e!

Back on topic,

Nobody has done a better job to build upon the Freelancer universe as the people who have created and over time expanded upon this mod. If you love the Freelancer universe, this is the place to be.

I quite enjoyed the role play environment as-well.

Trippy space. The ambience music and visuals are something no other space game provides, and neither they should, it makes Freelancer unique.