Discovery Gaming Community
new questions (tag's, rp characters) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: new questions (tag's, rp characters) (/showthread.php?tid=186851)

new questions (tag's, rp characters) - faddal - 03-17-2021

back again, with new minor questions Smile

the Zoners: i have a Zoner ID character. i was already two times called freelancer, because my last reputation entry (the highlighted) is still Freelancer. is there a way to change this?
maybe it's better to rename with a zoner tag (no special zoner faction) ? is there an extra tag for the "lone wolves" ? Big Grin

is it ok, to have different chars in different player factions? of course i will tell them about the other chars. could it get complicated?

last question: i sometimes see greetings, that look like binds. things like: //name: "text" . will i find the technical solution, when i keep searching the forum? (to hit just one button for a standardized greeting )

greetings
faddal

edit: what is a carrier bay and where to buy ? didnt found anything in flstat etc.

RE: new questions (tag's, rp characters) - Lusitano - 03-17-2021

1 - hello there Smile

2 - there is a command that is called droprep. this will make your highest reputation drop to near neutral, this case it will be the freelancer, and the next on the list will be your iff, the highlighted one. just type /droprep that will cost you something, not much

3 - tags are for clans/groups

4 - you can have as many different chars of different factions that you want, tehre are even players that have chars that even belong to official factions that are enemies of each other.

5 - i don't understand what you mean, but about the "(to hit just one button for a standardized greeting) you can record mesages and then just type a code and that message appears ... i don't know how you do it but someone can tell you Smile

6 carrier bay ... maybe you are talking about the special equipment to equip a carrier that allows other ships, small ones, to dock on your ship. that is made on the personal bases and it is list here as a docking module. some bases produce then and you can look for it, for example here

take care and stay safe and have fun Smile

RE: new questions (tag's, rp characters) - Unity - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 04:11 PM)SMG-faddal Wrote: the Zoners: i have a Zoner ID character. i was already two times called freelancer, because my last reputation entry (the highlighted) is still Freelancer. is there a way to change this?
maybe it's better to rename with a zoner tag (no special zoner faction) ? is there an extra tag for the "lone wolves" ? Big Grin

is it ok, to have different chars in different player factions? of course i will tell them about the other chars. could it get complicated?

last question: i sometimes see greetings, that look like binds. things like: //name: "text" . will i find the technical solution, when i keep searching the forum? (to hit just one button for a standardized greeting )
edit: what is a carrier bay and where to buy ? didnt found anything in flstat etc.

Set your IFF by mounting the ID, if the IFF is incorrect use /droprep
Yes each character is unique.
Name: before the message indicates the captains name, // indicates ooRP chat
Carrier bays mounted on special modules of certain ships allow other snubs (fighters, bombers) to dock on your ship. They are built at POBs and sold on the forum or ingame.

RE: new questions (tag's, rp characters) - faddal - 03-17-2021

thanks to both of you! very helpful