Discovery Gaming Community
again, questions (trade and rp-logic) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: again, questions (trade and rp-logic) (/showthread.php?tid=186935)

again, questions (trade and rp-logic) - faddal - 03-21-2021

Greetings community,

i'm curious about trade chains. how can i find bases, buying e.g. ores and later a trader can rebuy it, making his own profit?
only with specific contracts with PoB owners? is there a list i still not found? are there some "public" trade stations?
( the point is. with my mining ship i don't fly through the whole galaxy. i want to be at home, after a long day of mining.)

the second question is about piracy encounters. demanding 30% from the max profit of a cargo, from a miner (not a trader), quasi next to the mining field, obviously not heading to this max profit base .. effectively demanding over 100% of the self calculated profit ..
does this say: I want to destroy you but have to demand something before?
I'm just asking, if this is a normal method i have to get used to? Big Grin
till yesterday, all demands made some kind of sense. this was new and some kind of confusing to me.

ok, that's it for now =)

faddal

RE: again, questions (trade and rp-logic) - Lusitano - 03-21-2021

1 - Greetings Smile

2 - well you can start search then here. Also you can try to comunicate with then in the comms channel.

3 - the rule says: "3.3 - All piracy demands to characters or Player Owned Bases must be cumulatively reasonable. Orders to halt/stop are not a demand; if the target chooses to ignore the order, it can be engaged without further demands. If the target complies with the demand(s), the demanding party must not interfere with the target any further during the same interaction unless provoked. The reasonable demand requirement applies to the server and roleplay areas of the forum."

the truth is many "pirates" don't care if you pay, the reallity is that they are idiots that just want to destroy others, that iswhy many ask way much that the cargo is worth, for the trader don't pay and they have their litle pleasure of at least in the virtual life they are the greatest and not a loser like in real life. of course not all and few even don't care about the credits, and trade that for some nice cool rp moment.

4 - take care and stay safe and have fun

RE: again, questions (trade and rp-logic) - Unity - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 01:15 PM)faddal Wrote: i'm curious about trade chains. how can i find bases, buying e.g. ores and later a trader can rebuy it, making his own profit?
only with specific contracts with PoB owners? is there a list i still not found? are there some "public" trade stations?
( the point is. with my mining ship i don't fly through the whole galaxy. i want to be at home, after a long day of mining.)

the second question is about piracy encounters. demanding 30% from the max profit of a cargo, from a miner (not a trader), quasi next to the mining field, obviously not heading to this max profit base .. effectively demanding over 100% of the self calculated profit ..
till yesterday, all demands made some kind of sense. this was new and some kind of confusing to me.

1. Using the mining guide here for prices on ores. As for POBs you will find them scattered around different systems, you need to see if you are able to dock with them. A list can be found here https://discoverygc.com/forums/bases.php

2. Pirates will want to tax you a share of your cargo, these have to be reasonable demands that you can pay or perform. There are certain IDs that are able to destroy transports under certain conditions but most of the of the other unlawful groups will want you to pay a tax or something else.

RE: again, questions (trade and rp-logic) - faddal - 03-21-2021

thank you guys, was very helpful again.

RE: again, questions (trade and rp-logic) - Binski - 03-22-2021

(03-21-2021, 01:15 PM)faddal Wrote: the second question is about piracy encounters. demanding 30% from the max profit of a cargo, from a miner (not a trader), quasi next to the mining field, obviously not heading to this max profit base .. effectively demanding over 100% of the self calculated profit ..

As to your question about the cargo value relative to nearby bases, typically, if you are using a 4-5k transport, and are filling with ore it can sometimes put the ultimate cargo value at 50-70 million credits, especially for unarmored 5k ships. So, where you're going with it, be it a short or long trip, is not going to be of interest to a pirate, since you're story could just be a ruse. They see 50 mil of ore, you may see demands of 5 million credits on average, even if you're just filling a POB or planning to dock and ship it out later. If you mine in a Hegemon you'll likely get less in demands from the smaller cargo bay and that its a more plausible short run miner. And basically pirating a mining freighter usually not for profit but perhaps to drive them off etc. But why pirate a freighter on its own when you can wait for a larger transport to show up? Wink