Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues (/showthread.php?tid=186980)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - Squad - 03-23-2021

Welcome to the Big Leagues

[Image: Big-Leagues.png]

OVERVIEW

"We have stopovers in Trafalgar, Mactan, and Montezuma on our journey in from [Malta]. If you want to make big money in the Cardamine business, you need to work your way up the stream a bit from here."

"We take incoming shipments of Cardamine from Outcasts and make the suicide run across the New York system to Rochester. Many a shipment's been lost en route. Those Junkers just don't get how hard it is to dodge all those Bounty Hunters and the LPI."

Phase One (The Stopovers - Outcast and Freelancer IDs):

March 23rd - March 26th

Phase Two (The Suicide Run - Liberty Rogue IDs):

March 27th - March 28th

Rule Changes:

• Within New London, Manchester, Magellan, Cortez, California, and New York, no participating smuggler may be engaged before leaving or after entering an asteroid field, nebula, or debris field by lawful IDs. Participating smugglers may be engaged by Bounty Hunter IDs on snub craft within such areas, however.
  • $10M bounties against participating smugglers have been given to the following IDs:

- Bounty Hunters in Tau-23, Tau-31, Leeds, New London, Manchester, Magellan, Cortez, California, and New York.
    - Bretonia Police Authority in Leeds, New London, and Manchester.
    - Liberty Police, Inc. in California and New York.

NOTES

This event is intended to spur activity in the region.

Photo by @Kauket.

RE: [Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - The_Godslayer - 03-23-2021

Poggers my doggers

RE: [Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - Novascova - 03-23-2021

Listen, there are only a few golden paydays in this life.

Try moving Cardimine, if you can stomach the run from Malta to Manhattan, you'll be on your way to early retirement.

RE: [Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - Binski - 03-23-2021

Just a crazy suggestion, the other day when making it to a nebula it occurred to me, why not simply reduce scanner range on all ships inside a nebula to 1k or slightly below 1k? Its not a cloak but it would mean as soon as it registers a ship is in a nebula they go almost totally blind scanner wise. It wouldn't mean you have no hope but would be far more blind inside a nebula or asteroid field, and they would give much better cover in general. Basically, even without the event rule, if you are chasing a ship into a nebula, unless you are right on them, you'll lose them. Pursuing into a nebula would then be a bit more risky. I made it away with a cloak too but I've been cloak CD'd while fleeing too, so a nearby nebula to try giving them the slip would be a cool thing. Also...it will keep you blind until you pop out to take a chance on running, if someone is lurking, its surprise until you'd get out. The only problem is ships outside might have a bit of sight into the nebula.

Example, if a smuggler has a bounty hunter chasing them, and is 5k behind them, normally they may keep chasing, but as soon as they make it to the nebula, the smuggler just drops off. The bounty hunter could try to pursue and hope to catch them near a base or jumphole, but it would change the value of nebulas and asteroid fields in general. I know not all rock fields might be plausible, some could have radioactivity though that would justify it. (then also the notion of a special high powered scanner comes to mind). I'm not suggesting change the event but perhaps it might be good in addition and could keep that sort of thing up after its over.

RE: [Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - LuckyOne - 03-23-2021

I don't get it. the only change is rules ? Where's the payday ? Smile

RE: [Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - Save My Soul - 03-23-2021

Well, and all of Freelancers will be FR5ed after the first contact, following Liberty OF fashion? Or for the sake of this event they'll make a favorable exception, eh?

RE: [Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - Toaster - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 06:40 AM)LuckyOne Wrote: I don't get it. the only change is rules ? Where's the payday ? Smile

+1, I don't get the point.

RE: [Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - Skorak - 03-23-2021

Did you go take a look with the correct IDs?

RE: [Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - Czechmate - 03-23-2021

@Squad can we please add Pirate ID to first-phase too along with freelancer so people can make use of their 3kers Smile

RE: [Official Event] Welcome to the Big Leagues - Etaphreven - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 09:36 AM)Skorak Wrote: Did you go take a look with the correct IDs?

"This event is intended to spur activity in the region."

Would spur a lot more activity if we knew the rewards. If you hadn't made this comment I never would've bothered to fly to wherever just to check IF there is a reward. Tongue