Discovery Gaming Community
Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? (/showthread.php?tid=187038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - Deluxe - 03-26-2021

Why got the SHF a heavy nerf in the last update? It was a nice ship, especially if you were flying alone - some kind of bomber/fighter hybrid. You were able to get a trader down and still competeable against snubs. But it wasnt too good in any of these roles to be somewhere near OP.
It might be still a hybrid between bomber/fighter but now in a bad way: slow and low firepower - nearly useless now.

This does not include any demand to rechange it, as I know that would be kinda like fight against windmills - so just for my curiosity. Smile

RE: Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - Kauket - 03-26-2021

You can still hurt traders in either a VHF or an SHF. Battletransports, yeah, nah, good luck, even in a lone bomber, you can't do anything about a properly set up Battletransport. Some SHFs would perform even better because they have heavier gear, like the new one with the forward gun - Claymore.

RE: Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - Deluxe - 03-26-2021

I used the Spatial against Battletransports in piracy and it wasnt like a easy kill, but the trader mostly prefert to pay as to find it out. (Im never demand too much credits).
Your response didnt asnwerd my question. It actually is more of an argument to not nerf it in the first place Big Grin
Still the question: Why getting a heavy nerf despite not being op?

RE: Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - The_Godslayer - 03-26-2021

SHFs weren't really skill based, just kind of "slap a cau on there and be useful in battle". Having bomber weaponry means they can fight lighter caps as well, and they were a jack of all trades with no specific strength and no specific weaknesses.

As for why were they nerfed, there are thousands of guesses. Some think it's because having no specific weakness was overpowered, and being all-around useful made it impervious to loss in some way. Others think that all balance can play is VHFs, so they feel the need to make every ship that isn't a VHF into a VHF, or into an easy kill for a VHF. 80-90% of devs are currently holed up in "dev can do no wrong" following changes dating from last patch to years ago, so good luck getting an answer with any meaning from them.

RE: Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - Uknown - 03-26-2021

(03-26-2021, 03:52 AM)The_Godslayer Wrote: SHFs weren't really skill based, just kind of "slap a cau on there and be useful in battle". Having bomber weaponry means they can fight lighter caps as well, and they were a jack of all trades with no specific strength and no specific weaknesses.

But they indeed have lot of weakness ...
Mines for example, a SHF tend to eat like no other day all the mines, don't have lot of power to save for it ...
bulky, easy to hit, supposely SHF are less dependant skills and more to "punch a lot of power" into it ... but even an above average VHF can beat it ... due faster turnrate and agility (Time response) ... so, i think the nerf were just to make differentation over bombers, but i personally think they should be leave as they were because bombers don't have guns to try fight a fighter ... they are slow, low damaged and lot more ... depending of a SNAC or something tricky

RE: Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - The_Godslayer - 03-26-2021

(03-26-2021, 04:31 AM)Uknown Wrote: bombers don't have guns to try fight a fighter

laughs in chainfired pissbeams

RE: Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - Groshyr - 03-26-2021

SHFs were cancer to deal with. GB DPS output, a lot of HP, capable to replace bombers in some situations. Now they are noob-friendly fighters: fatter, slower, more damage and powercore than VHFs, but they're not complete cancer as they have been before rework. Lord bless balance devs

RE: Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - Czechmate - 03-26-2021

I don't get it personally - for a beginner freighters in normal view are the same as SHFs

I don't get the OP argument either - were arrarstra or OSC shuttle op and abused in combat? They could have had just had cau mount removed but be kept the same.

Imo this only makes sense If all SHFs get the unique guns - I hope the one that exists with them is just a test before they get phased into all the rest

RE: Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - Skorak - 03-26-2021

HFs, VHFs, SHFs are all in the same league now and you pick if you want more mobility or more armor. There is now a smooth curve for these.

Some SHFs were actually incredibly powerful.

RE: Why does the SHF got nerfed heavily? - Czechmate - 03-26-2021

Spatial, warhammer, osprey, Bretonian shf. Nomad shf

- The rest were totally fine and heavily underplayed because the broken ones existed. A really fun unique class that allowed to do ok but not great vs all classes, and get rekt by snac bombers. In effect, was great for solo play as a 3Rd party and indies that could switch targets between snubs and caps and have a lot of fun in the process. Without a big CAU they were totally fine too to deal with (I'm talking about arrarstra, OSC shuttle, new plier etc.) ans didn't even have the powerful reverse