Discovery Gaming Community
Thinking of giving another small try, give me reasons. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Thinking of giving another small try, give me reasons. (/showthread.php?tid=187122)

Thinking of giving another small try, give me reasons. - HoakinBlackforge - 03-30-2021

Do not jump to conclusions, i still havent forgotten how 2 of the most important ore deposit bases were destroyed because a bunch of elitists who hoard all the power in the whole server simply because "hey lets get rid of these bases cause fuck em".

Thanks to them 2 of the most profitable/shortest trade routes were ruined, and since mining is utterly impossible due to almost everybody being rich already and not having the interest on helping new players progress.

So, i guess my plan is to keep searching for trade routes that arent possible to sabotage.

-Stick only to trading/smuggling.
-Fuck pvp.

RE: Thinking of giving another small try, give me reasons. - Skorak - 03-30-2021

Don't take money making too seriously. Try to be a part of what you join and try to bring newbies along the way.

I expect no one to do pob supplies ever. I manage those. Just got us one ore back, not ideal but still alright. Helium is actually kinda neat but not exceptional.
Just rebuilding after coming back. So good time.

I usually don't tell people to join my faction but you seem to want a blunt suggestion so:

[Image: NrffvnB.png]

RE: Thinking of giving another small try, give me reasons. - Major. - 03-30-2021

Just leaving this here. We have our own transport ship.

InformationRecruitmentFlight LogsBounty BoardMission Board

RE: Thinking of giving another small try, give me reasons. - Groshyr - 03-30-2021

EFL S.P.A.
IDF Shipping

RE: Thinking of giving another small try, give me reasons. - Binski - 03-30-2021

It all depends on where you try building your base. Try building a little closer to safe territory, and if you know you might be at risk, best organize a 'drive' and try to get it upgraded to core 2 within just a couple of weeks. The trick is to get it strong before anyone even notices. Building right next to an ore field will definitely get you noticed faster.

The other part of the problem is, no one jumps to defend a POB anymore because they feel an attempt to build a base starts a war to defend it, and people here have a weird cognitive dissonance about war here. The irony is that such bases should be exactly a reason to get out and do stuff but instead it gets shunned like its an inconvenience or like its trying to provoke an unauthorized battle or mini war. If I were you, before going to work on a base, strike some defense deals first, and privately try to find people to defend it using the right house military ID.

Its funny how slow going things can be here in general but people also frown on having things to do, not realizing they perpetuate a cycle of inactivity causing low population. We have a backwards philosophy here where there is so much fear someone will use a POB to try to advance a story, or provoke a battle, it barely gets defended when attacked. Instead of avoiding that, it should be embraced that its normal gameplay/roleplay here. People used to come out for every base attack, for any chance to defend a well defended base during a siege. What happened?

Legal bases that pay a fee to a house or other faction should get some guaranteed protection. Heaven forbid someone move around a battleship or something. Too bad players don't have guaranteed avenues to envoke such changes by doing some simple roleplay (like requesting the deployment of a battleship nearby to help until you are built up). It wouldn't be a guaranteed win but it may help, and in general would help keep players in the game by allowing some freedom and purpose. And so what if the other side wants to try something similar? If we dedicated some people and time to stuff like that, people would be doing stuff more than not, and have some fair options on both sides of a conflict to help. The trick is who plans ahead better, who gets a better head start, etc.