Discovery Gaming Community
Full FLhook Commands List for self-hosting FL Discovery? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Full FLhook Commands List for self-hosting FL Discovery? (/showthread.php?tid=187240)

Full FLhook Commands List for self-hosting FL Discovery? - Reznor - 04-03-2021

Greetings,

I'm working on a personal sandbox universe for experimentation and for fun without disrupting the normal role-play server. That said, I haven't been able to find a comprehensive guide for FLhook.

As an example, I googled around for FLhook admin commands and I feel like there is only a subset of them. I'd like to give my test character on my server The Wild ID, but I keep getting an access denied error any time I attempt to add the ID to my character's ship. I already set the character as superadmin, but that didn't change anything.

Any thoughts here?

RE: Full FLhook Commands List for self-hosting FL Discovery? - Champ - 04-03-2021

Pretty much everything that's accessible is from either:

The Starport
or
The Starport Forge

Anything beyond that tends to have been added to Discovery by various talented and generous FLHook developers over the years, and is unlikely to be relinquished because Discovery can be fearful of competition for activity (if still not listing other servers by default is any indication).

RE: Full FLhook Commands List for self-hosting FL Discovery? - Reznor - 04-03-2021

(04-03-2021, 11:05 PM)Champ Wrote: Pretty much everything that's accessible is from either:

The Starport
or
The Starport Forge

Anything beyond that tends to have been added to Discovery by various talented and generous FLHook developers over the years, and is unlikely to be relinquished because Discovery can be fearful of competition for activity (if still not listing other servers by default is any indication).

That seems a bit odd to me, especially since the Freelancer Discovery launcher is hard-coded to only point to the official server. My goal is not to provide an internet hosted server, but one for local use only.

Even some commands on ID management and warp engines would be a good start even.

RE: Full FLhook Commands List for self-hosting FL Discovery? - Skorak - 04-03-2021

You can pull the newest plugins and flhook is open source. We're not afraid to share many of them if they're not cheating related. I can find the link tomorrow or ping @darkwind who can probably point you in the right direction.

What you would be missing though is our configs and so you might not experience things the same as on disco proper.

RE: Full FLhook Commands List for self-hosting FL Discovery? - Reznor - 04-03-2021

Yeah I'm not interested in cheating stuff. Just all the admin capabilities that I would have when I'm super adminning my own box.

Thank you very much!