Discovery Gaming Community
A Unique Bond - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A Unique Bond (/showthread.php?tid=187434)

Pages: 1 2

A Unique Bond - DarkTails - 04-13-2021

It was a long day on the liner Hanazuki. Nicole had been sitting, mostly bored while watching movies and playing that boat game on her phone. She hadn't gone out in a while because she hadn't had many to go out with her because of how busy people had been lately. Soon enough it dawned on her just who she could call. Using the private, secured line, she'd reached out to Tenshi and asked her to used the credentials attached to come aboard the Hanazuki, wanting her to come and visit, she had something in mind for the two of them to do. In the meantime of waiting, she'd gone into her room, preparing a few things for the night she had planned, hoping to finish all her preparations before her guest would arrive.

Nicole had ensured there was enough space down in the private hangar deck for her landing while making the necessary arrangements, although last minute, but it was working out all the same. She was rather glad that things were going as she wanted. Having the brief exchange with Tenshi, she happily started getting herself ready, taking a shower and getting her hair done up in a proper way that wasn't a ponytail for once. She kept looking through her wardrobe, using it to pass the time until her friend had arrived, already having everything else planned out.

RE: A Unique Bond - KageTenshi - 04-13-2021

Tenshi was surprised by the sudden attachment she received from Nicole's contact, that's the last thing she expected to happen on this calm afternoon aboard Cochrane. She clicked on the communication and saw a file designating the location of the Hanazuki along with the required access codes to dock on the liner. She smiled as she left the bar, heading back to her quarters.

Less than five minutes later, she arrived to her quarters and took a quick shower before wearing her flight-suit. She grabbed all the essentials and set off for the hangars. Upon arriving, she boarded her Vindicator and undocked, heading for the coordinates where the Hanazuki was supposed to be.

Eventually, the liner was caught by her fighter's sensors and soon appeared on the scanners. Tenshi entered the access codes and engaged the autopilot, letting the ship take care of the landing on it's own. After the Vindicator successfully docked on the liner, Tenshi stepped out of the cockpit and greeted the same people she saw on the Hanazuki's hangar every-time she came here. They pointed her to where Nicole was and with no second thought Tenshi thanked them and went towards Nicole's room to find her.

Upon knocking on the door, she opened it, seeing Nicole inside. A whole-hearted smile covered her face as she rushed towards Nicole, tightly embracing her.

"Hey Nikki! That was an unexpected call by you, but the surprise was much welcomed! How are you? How've your past few days been? I hope Liberty's been treating you well since you returned." She finally spoke after letting go of Nicole, taking a step back. She was very curious what Nikki's plans were for the day as she didn't call Tenshi often for such meetings. She was hoping Nikki would have some nice surprises in store for her.

RE: A Unique Bond - DarkTails - 04-14-2021

Nicole was going through her closet when she heard the door open and Tenshi appear in it. Before she could even say hi, the silver haired girl was already pulling her into a hug, making Nikki wince a bit in pain. She hugged her back, smiling at her while listening. "You sound a bit excited that I asked you to come over, honey. I've been a bit down recently, actually, been trying to recover from an injury I had recently. It still hurts a bit though. I hope you've been better? You better not have been in that Rogue bar again, you know I'll have to come drag you back off it." Nikki kept hugging her, half using her for support to keep herself upright as she got over the pain from the sudden hug.

After she could finally keep herself up, she let go of her, still smiling though. "I had an idea for us to do something together. It's been a while since we've been able to do much of anything together and I decided we should. So tonight we're going to head out on a date, I just can't figure out what to wear.. Maybe you can help me." She had pulled Tenshi to look into her closet. Inside was a range of clothing, from her regular shirts and pants to a couple dresses that looked rather nice, although a couple seemed like they were made more for Tenshi's fit than her own.

RE: A Unique Bond - KageTenshi - 04-15-2021

"Of course I sound excited, can't you tell I am? I missed you, even though it's been like... a week since we last were together?" Tenshi chuckled. "That night was an amazing night. I wish we could spend more nights like it!" She remained silent for a few seconds, listening to Nikki with a huge smile painted on her face.

"I haven't moved from Cochrane since you left that morning. You asked me to stay there and not move back to Buffalo so, for the time being, I chose to listen to you! You still need to talk to me about your injury, I hope you know that." Her voice got a little bit more serious as she continued. "You mentioned the injury that night too, but you still haven't told me anything specific about it. What, did you think I'd forget?"

She could easily notice the pain that Nicole was feeling as the two of them hugged, but didn't want to bug her too much about it regardless so she let go of the subject.

"Imagine talking to me about clothes when I'm wearing -this-.." Tenshi jokingly replied, looking down towards her flightsuit. "C'mon, you'll still be the most gorgeous woman in sight no matter what you wear. Besides... are these even your size? They certainly don't look your size, Nikki."

Tenshi couldn't realize if she was being pranked on or not. Either Nikki was showing her these dresses with the thought that Tenshi would pick one and then Nicole would have Tenshi wear it, or Nikki hadn't realized that the dresses weren't her size by mistake. Whatever the case was, she gave Nicole a silly look, raising an eyebrow and awaiting for a response.

RE: A Unique Bond - DarkTails - 04-22-2021

Nikki couldn't help but have a giggle at Tenshi's reaction. After a few short moments, the slight smile faded from her face, wanting to get the not so happy subject out of the way first. "While I was out on a mission things didn't exactly go as I wanted them to. There's this person that keeps robbing my businesses warehouses of expensive electronics and items. I managed to catch wind of the next raid so I went there to catch them myself. Imagine my shock when just one person was there. I couldn't make out who it was but it was some younger girl. Must've grown up in company of thieves because she was a goddamned expert at evasion and stealth. She managed to lose my by timing a grenade just right.. got some shrapnel in my side.."

Nikki dwelled on the moment for almost a minute, before changing gears since the mood was getting too heavy. "You're observant for how un-observant I find you to be sometimes. Yes, some of these dresses and clothes I bought for you, we're close to each others figures, not but the same. Don't ask how I figured out your sizes, but I did. Atleast, I hope I did. They should fit just fine, if not I have the receipts, and we can go clothes shopping!" She was rather excited at the prospect, even if her gifts were not the proper size, as it meant getting to spend more time with Tenshi. "I'm glad you've listened to me for once. I just want what's best, you know? I do worry about you, alot.."

RE: A Unique Bond - KageTenshi - 04-23-2021

"Honey.. how many times do I need to tell you that a person such as you should not be doing that sort of business on her own? C'mon.. you're like the richest person I know, don't tell me you couldn't hire anyone to do that dirty work for you.. You'll get yourself killed one day and nobody will even notify me that you're gone.. I'll never even know."

Tenshi's voice had a half annoyed half sad tone to it, Nicole felt like she was just doing her best to just get herself killed and that not only worried Tenshi, it also annoyed her. A few moments later, she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"At least you got away with just an injury.. C'mon, sit down. I don't want to see you standing up in pain." She said as she gently pulled Nicole towards her nearby bed, helping her take a seat at the edge of it.

"So you're showing me these dresses for me..? I thought you were the one looking for a dress to wear!" Tenshi chuckled for a few moments, snapping out of her worried state. "We really are similar size? These dresses do look like they fit me but they don't look like they fit you.. huh.." She continued, sitting near Nicole and hugging her gently so as to not hurt her.

"Thank you, Nikki, I didn't expect to come here and be greeted with some gifts. But we still need to find a dress for you to wear. Show me where your own dresses are and I'll help you pick one. And -don't- get up, you're staying right there. I'm gonna bring the dress and put it on you while you get to do nothing..!"

RE: A Unique Bond - DarkTails - 04-28-2021

Nikki felt bad about it, making her worry so much and think such things would happen. All the same, she didn't want to dwell on sadness but kept the note in her mind before offering some reassuring words. "Don't worry honey, I've already taken some steps to make sure this stuff doesn't happen again. I've needed to have shrapnel removed from my body too many times for my liking.. The scars just keep getting worse, even with treatment to make them disappear, some of them don't anymore..

She turned her attention to the closet, looking over her own dresses. It just occurred to her she had gotten Tenshi as many dresses as she owned herself, which wasn't a whole lot. There were a few dresses yes, but not many at all, and fewer that would be appropriate. She looked more toward her most common black dress. "Pull out that black one please.. It's one I usually wear to nice things, not that it gets worn that often."

It took her a few moments to realize what Tenshi had said to her last. "Also hey, I'm not that injured.. I'm not just a helpless puppy for you to play dress up with!" She had a good giggle about it, poking fun at her companion.

RE: A Unique Bond - KageTenshi - 05-01-2021

"The scars are fine. I love you and your body just the way you are, but I won't be able to spend quality time with you if you're dead, you know?" Tenshi averted her gaze towards the ground and sighed, it was obvious that the words she was speaking hurt her as much as they hurt Nikki. And as much as Tenshi did not want to dwell on the subject, -someone- had to tell Nicole that she needs to be more careful.

Tenshi got up and walked towards the closet which was right near, gently pulling out the black dress that Nicole pointed to.

"Well, we should take care that this dress gets worn more often then." She replied to Nicole with a giggle. "Do you need help putting it on, you injured little puppy?" She continued shortly after in a jokingly manner.

"Not that you'd have -any- problem with me playing dress-up with you. Or dress-down for the matter.." She quickly followed with a whisper, raising an eyebrow and looking at Nicole.

RE: A Unique Bond - DarkTails - 05-06-2021

Nikki seemed a bit embarrassed about her scars all the same, getting more sad with the idea that she might die. "I won't die.. I promise. I'll be here for you for a long time. I'm not going to go anywhere. I might talk my sister into helping me out alot more." She looked to her companion, not helping but giggle. "Injured little puppy doesn't fit either. I'm a strong, ageless phoenix!~"

She slowly got up, changing into the dress, taking care not to fall over while dressing. After finishing getting dressed, she looked to Tenshi.

"How do I look? And no, I'd never have a problem with you playing dress up with me." She giggled, whispering back to her. "I wouldn't have any issues at all. Maybe another time."

RE: A Unique Bond - KageTenshi - 05-13-2021

"Yeah, that's what everyone says and then you never hear from them again. No goodbye message, nothing. You gotta take care of yourself better than that. You're important to me, to your family, and probably a bunch of other friends." She said, chuckling for a few moments afterwards. "Have you looked at yourself in a mirror? 'Injured little puppy' is a perfect fit!" She continued, messing with Nikki.

Looking at her go through all that effort to dress herself up she couldn't help but sigh.

"I told you I could help you getting dressed up. You know, there's not much shame to a 'strong, ageless phoenix' admitting that she needs help dressing up." She said in a half jokingly, half annoyed tone. Tenshi then spent a few moments checking Nikki out. She was about to ask her to do a turn-around, but quickly remembered that she'd collapse sooner than she completed the full turn so she let go of that thought with a chuckle.

"So.. ready to go?" Tenshi asked Nikki, eager to find out what their day together had in store.