Discovery Gaming Community
Naughty words - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Naughty words (/showthread.php?tid=18764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Naughty words - Regret - 04-02-2009

Which 'bad' words are ok to use on the server?

Heck, hell, damn, crap, goddamnit etc.

Naughty words - Nightmouse - 04-02-2009

It all depends on context. You are actually allowed to swear mildly in character, as long as it's directed at a character and not at a person.

Naughty words - Drake - 04-02-2009

A long unanswered question. 'Heck' isn't even remotely dirty, and very few people consider 'crap' to be a swear. 'Hell' and 'damn' usually seem to be acceptable, as long as they aren't over-used, and as long as you don't direct them at people ('go to hell' is considered worse than 'ah, hell'). I use 'bloody' on occasion, even though it is (or once was? I dunno) considered a 'real' swear to the Brits, and I've never had any complaints. However, I remember someone once being sanctioned (fairly mildly) for calling someone a 'wanker'. Anything harsher is definitely a no-no. Real-world racial slurs are best avoided, though characters with a particular bias against an in-game House/people/faction have been known to make up their own.

Naughty words - slashhammer - 04-02-2009

' Wrote:Which 'bad' words are ok to use on the server?

Heck, hell, damn, crap, goddamnit etc.

I often "hear" ppl using the word "scum", and from time to time wh... the fu.. and such, but in last
case(s) they usually get banned.

The best it was if you'd allways stay nice and smooth, allways be polite even when in the role of a pirate
talking to his archenemy - you never know who feels offended or at least pretends so and takes advantage
of the situation and reports you for using "coarse" language and then it's you who get's a bann.

So finaly I'd say, no matter how angry you are, with or without a reason, no matter how much "foul"
language might enhance your RP or make it at least more "realistic", just don't - smash your monitor,
beat your keyboard, do what ever you need to do to cool down, but just don't do it ingame.

Even though if most players here at least know and a majority also prolly uses kind of "foul" language
in real life - on here it's a no go and ppl react quite sensitive if you don't watch your mouth.:nono::rtfm:

John

Naughty words - Regret - 04-02-2009

Just don't want to get sanctioned for roleplaying a pirate that doesn't sound like a princess with silky gloves.

Stuff like "don't give me that crap" "see you in hell you damn cop" etc.

Naughty words - Death.RunningVerminator - 04-02-2009

Don't go any farther than, "Damn these outcasts!" or "What the hell is going on!?"

Naughty words - jenya - 04-02-2009

are the pirates still allowed to say "Arrr"?

Naughty words - Caribe - 04-02-2009

Well technically in freelancer when you play SP when you are rescuing the president: She swears.

Naughty words - eyvind - 04-02-2009

Though I'm not particularly good at it I enjoy inventing swear words, pretending unassuming words to be crude. More often than not however, I end up resorting to "cow." A hard-line anti-importer yelled at me for using "bantha."

Pretending to swear in a manner such as that usually helps to keep the roleplaying situation in perspective, something actual swear words do quite the opposite of.

Naughty words - jenya - 04-02-2009

YES I REMEMBER THAT!!!
How can some one with such a foul mouth be a leader??