Discovery Gaming Community
POB Siege Idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: POB Siege Idea (/showthread.php?tid=187758)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

POB Siege Idea - Thunderer - 04-24-2021

What if POBs only took a couple of hours to bring down, but in your siege declaration, you had to appoint a precise time of the day within a specific time interval depending on the level of the base, and you could only attack once a week?

RE: POB Siege Idea - Kherty - 04-24-2021

It would just make it easier for the assailants, and facilitate the job of the 251218561185185 mega BAF Dunkirk armada. I think it's a bad idea.

RE: POB Siege Idea - LegendOfTheWolf - 04-25-2021

I like the idea, but I don't like it at the same time.

If you put it to a certain time. What's stopping players from doing a 4am raid, where the other faction might not be able to defend?

- Maybe 3 different days of the week, which will give chance for all players of each side to at least contribute?
- Maybe both sides get a NPC patrol path around the station, which would actually make it look like it's being sieged, and players can join their patrols contributing towards the patrols. (No idea, how much of a headache this will cause devs - Maybe a command to "Summon" a wing of NPCs on you location? )
- Commodities? Maybe a small "Depot" for the attacker to deposit Nuclear Devices or something, while the defender can use "Missle Defense Ammo" or something?

I'm out of ideas that could be built from this idea, which would be 'Fun' for both sides, and will allow players from different regions to contribute.

RE: POB Siege Idea - Groshyr - 04-25-2021

Maybe turn them into multistage events with gathering win/lose points?

RE: POB Siege Idea - Thunderer - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 12:15 AM)Groshyr Wrote: Maybe turn them into multistage events with gathering win/lose points?

I like this idea and I would like if it was expanded.

RE: POB Siege Idea - Karlotta - 04-25-2021

RE: POB Siege Idea - Erremnart - 04-25-2021

The best option in my opinion would be to "somehow" include siege time of each installation, in which the owner/protectors know that they can attend.

It sucks to have your PoB sieged in time when you are at work, or it's not favorable for your faction's timezone. Attackers already choose day of the siege, what if defenders could choose time?

RE: POB Siege Idea - Thunderer - 04-25-2021

True, maybe there could be a universal time interval when POB sieges could be conducted. For example, if you post a siege declaration and you announce the date, but it is already determined by rules that you can only besiege at, say, 15-20 UTC on any chosen date, which is when most players are active. Discriminates against players in rare timezones, but it's better than what we have now.

RE: POB Siege Idea - Couden - 04-25-2021

Perhaps we finally make PoB rework?

RE: POB Siege Idea - Jeuge - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 01:04 AM)Couden Wrote: Perhaps we finally make PoB rework?

again ?