Discovery Gaming Community
RL Health Issues - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: RL Health Issues (/showthread.php?tid=187779)

RL Health Issues - Doc Holliday - 04-25-2021

I hope this finds you all well. I've not been in the forum much lately nor have I logged into the server that much. The reality is, sitting down for long stretches is against my doctor's orders right now.

During a pre-deployment physical, I was found to have blood clotting in my right leg....BAD clotting issues. I knew something was wrong in my recent trip to Virginia for a leadership course for the Army when my leg swelled up. I was determined to finish so I said nothing as this started about half way through. I finished and flew home with it and reported for drill the next morning. The following day, the clots were found and my deployment taken away.

I wasn't going to say anything and I could have hidden it but my doctor informed me how dangerous a decision that would be as I would not have survived a long flight with it and I was ordered to the Emergency room. Now, I take blood thinners, wear a compression stocking and do my best to fight this. Note that I had my vaccines AFTER they found the clots so that had nothing to do with it.
My advice to you all is this. If something isn't right, don't hide it. It could have cost me my life. Get it checked out. It's hard being shut down so hard but I've accepted this for the best. I can't sit at my computer for more than say, 30 minutes at a time so I don't play too much. Just know that I'm still around. You're a great bunch and wouldn't leave you all for anything.

-John

RE: RL Health Issues - mm33dd - 04-25-2021

Oh man, that sucks. A friends dad got a clot in his leg after a surgery (he had an ACV/CVA... cardiovascular accident), he almost pass out but doctors found the clot first and removed it.

Hope you get well soon!!! Take care and best wishes.

RE: RL Health Issues - Lusitano - 04-25-2021

damn!!! get well and take care m8

RE: RL Health Issues - RedEclipse - 04-25-2021

Hope you get well soon, Doc. Take care.

RE: RL Health Issues - realekki - 04-25-2021

get well soon.

RE: RL Health Issues - Doc Holliday - 05-10-2021

I continue fighting this thing, still unable to sit for more than 15-20 minutes at a time. Ugh!

RE: RL Health Issues - Xenon - 05-11-2021

you will beat it, and your medicine will decrease the possibilities of any blood clots
you are an amazing person, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Stay safe and keep following the doctors orders and you will be fine soon Smile

RE: RL Health Issues - sharkboy - 05-11-2021

wish you a proper and fast recovery dud

RE: RL Health Issues - Krasnaya - 05-11-2021

Take care, and I wish you quick recovery. Sometimes fate throw brick in our way, but with good spirits and joy in mind anything can be overcome!