Discovery Gaming Community
To: Lane Hackers|From: Fae Mercenaries - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Lane Hackers|From: Fae Mercenaries (/showthread.php?tid=188086)

To: Lane Hackers|From: Fae Mercenaries - Ninkurra - 05-11-2021

[Image: align%5D]
Date: 11.05.828 A.S.
Topic: Diplomacy and trade
Head of Diplomacy and Logistics Department

To: Lane Hackers Directorate

[Image: Vild2-1.png]

Salut!

My name is Julia and I represent a group of independent explorers and mercenaries known as "Fae Wing". We operate primarily in Bretonia, Gallia and the Tau systems, but have recently expanded into Liberty. As responsible for diplomacy, I am tasked with establishing diplomatic relations with local organizations that somehow have an impact on the liberty underworld. Since our group consists of people who, for one reason or another, have chosen to distance themselves from the corporations and governments of their Houses, we do not do work for the officials of the Houses like corporations, police, etc. Our organization already has access to the black market in Gallia, so we can be useful trading partners for you.
Here and now we are interested in purchasing software expropriated from Ageira for trade lanes, docking rings and moorings. In the future, we want to purchase from you a spare parts for the above-mentioned instalations.

Sincerely: Julia Berne, Fae Wing.

RE: To: Lane Hackers|From: Fae Mercenaries - Mr.Ling - 05-21-2021

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Mr.Ling.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 138a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10i.png][Image: 20i.png][Image: 30i.png][Image: 43i.png]

You know, I honestly thought this was a joke or something. This is the kind of deal we put in textbooks to teach young Hackers how to barter. Mercenaries that, for some magical reason, don't firmly suck on the teat of government credits? Check. Knows us through our impressive deeds and misdeeds? Check. Comes offering us equipment in trade for equipment of our own? Check. Operation area just outside of our own? Check. But, suspiciously generic happenstances aside, an introduction is in order. I am Mr. Ling, Lane Hacker Inner Circle. I'm something of an all-seeing-eye for our organization.

Now, onto the second part of this. We often toss around the idea of building and maintaining a Lane and Gate structure for our allies. Issue is, that's a lot of raw materials that we don't have reasonable personnel or transport fleet to acquire or haul. There's a reason why Liberty has three different corporations to build and maintain their structures, and it's because that's what's necessary. Theoretically, we could maintain approximately one system consisting of six to eight lane connections, a docking ring, and two or three gates. In practice, though, we'd need such a wide array of materials to build it, let alone maintain it, that it becomes a sort of logistical nightmare featuring "too little, too late" and his younger brother "corporations desperate for monopolies". Any transport that they could prove had any form of connection to us would be hunted by every corporate and government security force. And that's not even taking into account that you're not on our allies list. I've literally never heard of you, and I doubt anyone in our organization has, else I'd have probably heard about it. We don't have any form of guarantee that we can trust you.

And last but not least, back to the textbook. What's even in it for us? We already have contacts for the Gallic black market. It's a black market, getting access isn't exactly difficult. Assuming you'd somehow find the means to fund, supply, and indefinitely upkeep our working on a lane and gate network, we'd need a lot more than just workers compensation. We'd need an offer we just couldn't refuse, you know what I mean? Clear up these little points for me, if you can, and perhaps we'll both be settled in to a deal of a lifetime.

Ciao, for now.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...