Discovery Gaming Community
Visiting The Learning Grounds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Visiting The Learning Grounds (/showthread.php?tid=188100)

Visiting The Learning Grounds - Solo Wing Sagume - 05-12-2021

"Visiting The Learning Grounds"

It is a quiet day at the MFE Academy in Omicron Theta, the halls were mostly empty and the sunlight shined through the corridors with only faint hearings of steps in the distance, a old man accompanied by his people walked down curiousely, he had a serious attidute of an old experienced business man but also managed to keep his people at his side walking with him filling the halls with sounds of steps entertained, from serious to an easy mood he had the control and kept the atmosphere to his ties.

In his silvery white and grey uniform and suit decorated by some badges indicating a military past he walked around... a grey white beard engulfed his face with the hair being in the same tone... a tall figure, his expression already speaks the words out for himself, a wise man of experience. Beware the old man in a profession where men die young. It is the Main Director or as in his people's language they call him Johtajaa.

Mikael Aalto formerly Michael Aalders nowadays a retired Bounty Hunter and to his prime times a Kreuzerkapitän (Cruiser Captain) of the Rheinwehr, walks somewhere in the far outbacks of the Sirius Sector for an "Inspection". Clearing his throat he talks to one of his man for some business matters, he inspects some of the rooms and looks around, the whole academy was in a clean condition with latest cutting edge utensils and tools.

Impressed he stares with his cold eyes at the learning instruments and watches some seminars, with his gloves he touches some of the learning utensils and makes his own impression how some work. "It is for our future, to level the path for our young Jaegers... can this place grant them their future... At the end of the day I sincerely hope to be able to decide for 300 souls in good will." He thought in his mind.

As he walks the halls even further down waiting for his "tour guide". At a bench he sits down and watches the burning bright star, while some ships in the distance performed menial tasks or transported goods around.

The location is really far out from where he usually would do his businesses, a place where people all around could gather but also dangers from everywhere. He stood on his guard, but also respects the wishes of the organization here and came unarmed. His people meanwhile worked on some administrative works and did their businesses, while he sat there deep in his thoughts.

The future of the Jaegers - Jääkäri.
[Image: Bh-vheavy-fighter2.png]

To be continued.
Stories of the Jaegers

RE: Visiting The Learning Grounds - Pennyfield - 05-12-2021

"The New Prospect"

It was yet another intense day at the academy and certainly one of these days of which you know will not be over around supper time.
Yet busy days did not always mean 'bad days' and at times even a busy day can be promising enough to look forward to. Just like today.

As I started my day I knew it would be filled with unorthodox things I mean, it's a Wednesday and these days in Theta almost every time mean that something eventful is about to happen... [A slight smile appears on her face] ... And you can set your watch to that.

So having finished my breakfast at the student cafeteria which, like one can expect takes so much more time than initially intended for students and even teachers keep approaching you for questions or trivial chatter.
- Can't anyone see I'm here having my start-up moment with my data-pad and my breakfast? [Makes a note-to-self as to have this sent out in a memo... oh wait a minute, scratch that, I want to be approachable dammit...]
- Anyhoo, it's an important day nonetheless as we have representative Michael Alto of the Jaegers corporation arriving. Oh wait, let me check my pad for I know these Finnish names can be confusing and I want to get it right.

[She thinks back of that moment on a ferry while meeting a girl claiming to be from Finnish descent as her data-pad starts buzzing...] ... dang! why do always get interrupted! Ah well, a good moment to finish whatever I call breakfast nowadays.

[As she walks towards the meeting point she's kind of excited about this 'Jeager' person she's about to meet]
I do dislike these downhill walks (I mumble to myself) and right after that I see a well-groomed figure in a white, grayish uniform... Ah well, better meet the new attendee....

"Good day, you must be Mr. Aalto, my name is Anne Preben, chief of security and it's a pleasure to meet you dear sir."

...Wow, that went well...

RE: Visiting The Learning Grounds - Solo Wing Sagume - 05-12-2021

"Second Part"

The man stood up and raised a brow, touching his chin with an analyzing glare and gave a cold cough. For a moment the scene felt bitter cold, as if something would be wrong, but then he lightened up the mood with a smile and a cheerish polite voice.

"Tervehdys Miss Preben, a pleasure to meet you young miss. The name is Mikael, glad to have you here for the tour we come with big interest to yours, joo." He says while seeming surprisingly friendly, from the outside his shell and attidute seemed like a snowstorm... then he reaches out the right hand to greet her.

"Well, Miss as my Captain talked outside of this facility in space with one of your doctors... *thinks* a Doctor Jill Xi? We came here to inspect the place as our organization the Sisu Jaegers are in dire need for trained paramedics and search and rescue teams for ours ambitions." Looking around he sees some students walking around coming from there classes, a little kick of nostalgia warms his heart from his times at the military academy... memories from a distant past.

"Will we meet the Doctor today, joo? Or..." Asking politely while looking careful at Preben. Then he waved his people to come closer. "We are ready anyway, from the looks this place looks clean with cutting edge technology, I am impressed, definitely a "hyvaa" - good first impression."

They proceeded to walk with Ms. Preben further down the halls, in his minds Mikael thinks about his past... he went a long way through this years, hopefully the talks will bring fruits for his dreams, the dream every Jääkäri shares in union.

To be continued.
Stories of the Jaegers

RE: Visiting The Learning Grounds - Pennyfield - 05-23-2021

"Strangers Are New Friends One Has Not Met Yet"

As Jill proceeded down the hallway to the main conference room she hoped Anne would manage to make the visitors feel welcome and at ease. Having known Anne for sometime now she knew she was an excellent chief of security yet hospitality wasn't really her strong point.

She grabbed her pad and made a note of having Med Force personnel attend an in-house 'public relations' training and added the name 'Tamrat' below the note for the academy PR officer was the right person for this job. She chuckled as she thought: 'We're a damn academy, we should be able to do this shizzle' then instantly she felt sorry for cursing and remembered her grandmother slapping her every time she cursed...

At that very moment she crossed the corner to the conference room and saw the Jaeger party walking with Anne. She quickly put away her pad and walked to the visitors who instantly saw her coming as they halted in their tracks. An impressive group of people and she recognized strength in an instant.

As she approached the visitors she took the initiative, put up her best smile and said: "Good day my friends, I am doctor Xi but please call me Jill. It makes me happy to meet you and..." *she nods to Anne* "...I see our chief of security has already made you feel welcome here."

It was a life-saver for everyone and when she said it she knew everyone was aware of her 'play'. Nonetheless, there's always some awkwardness in meeting new people and at times, the 'I know that you know that you know that I know' play can help to ease the tension.

"Dr. Xi..." Anne said "...Allow me to introduce Mr. Mikael and his associates.".

"Thank you Anne" Jill said as and as she approached the person closest to Anne she put out her hand which, along with her smile, was the best welcome one could give.

And while approaching the Jaeger party she thought: 'Let's go and meet in the conference room, I know for sure food and drinks have been prepared and I'm famished'...

RE: Visiting The Learning Grounds - Solo Wing Sagume - 05-24-2021

"Third Part"

"So you are Doctor Xi, a pleasure to get to know you ma'am, as we already bespoke before we had our inquiries to bring 300 students to this facility for applying lessons to become paramedics and lessons of "Search an Rescue" operations. After inspecting the learning grounds and utensils this facility offers I think... *clears throat* that your academy really would make an excellent fit. "

"But where are my manners, apologies, lead the way, All can be bespoken in time of course no rush."

Mr. Aaalto came directly to the point as both walked down to the conference room.

"Hm food an drinks, splendid idea my dear, we could definitely need a refreshment" He said following her to a larger room already prepared to hold the long waited talks.

They enter the room and got pointed to some of their seats, while other workers from the old man were busy with their bureaucratic shenanigans, Mikael already analyzed with a cold stare the sorroundings, hoping for a preferable outcome, he takes a seat and looks over to the Doctor keeping a polite attidute and a confident smile.

To be continued.
Stories of the Jaegers

RE: Visiting The Learning Grounds - Pennyfield - 06-26-2021

"Never Discuss Business On An Empty Stomach"

When everyone was seated Jill gestured the conference room staff and when they approached she turned to her guests.

"Mr. Aalto, I thank you and your associates for your visit to the academy. I took the privilege of having some food and drinks prepared for I know important talks should never be done on an empty stomach. You had a long trip and I had a long day so please..."

*she gestures in an inviting manner*

"...let us get better acquainted by sharing a meal together. I for one am keen on getting to know your background and should your schedule permit, I would suggest we take a tour of the facility afterwards."

As the staff placed the food on the table Jill turned to Mr Aalto. There was something special about him which she couldn't yet figure out. Despite his age his eyes sparkled with youth and power but not in a threatening manner at all. When she looked at him all she could saw was trust and strength. She was intrigued and then remembered her role as a host as she addressed her guests...

"My friends, please enjoy the food and drinks we have prepared for you and let me introduce the staff who are serving us today..."

Jill gestured to the staff to introduce them.

"On the left is Mr. Shamas Shepard, a 3rd year Psychology student, and on the right is Mylee Kline our cafeteria manager. Our chef this evening is Shyla Mcnally and I've been told that she knows how to prepare a great Karelian Pasty. Shyla told me you and your associates might appreciate this so as I have never tasted it myself I for one, am keen to try this dish."

She hoped her chef did not make a mistake with the dish as the old Sol archives can at times be mistaken and misinterpretation can even lead to, well, bad relations or so to speak.

But then she looked at Mr. Aalto again and all she could see was trust. And with that she took her first bite and remembered how famished she was after a long day.

Let's hope our guests enjoy their stay and wow, this pasty tastes amazing!

RE: Visiting The Learning Grounds - Solo Wing Sagume - 06-26-2021

"Fourth Part"

Giving firstly a serious look to the pastry and taking a bite he mumbles to himself first, but then suddenly had delighted face expression and clears his throat "My... this truly brings old memories, must say it is a pleasure talking with you, especially when getting treated with such top notch hospitality. Hyvaa~"

"Much oblieged, I can only double confirm it is vital to share meals with the people you can trust and to strenghten ties an old known traditional diplomatic way how to tackle things, joo." Giving a nod and having a fatherly smile to seeing his other Jaegers also enjoying their mouthful of this memory reawakening dish.

"Karjalanpiirakka we call this, juu. Also obviuosely a pleasure to get known with the officials of this fine institute. We are really looking forward for making business with yours, but shall we first rejoice to this delicacy? The choice is yours Doctor."

To be continued.
Stories of the Jaegers

RE: Visiting The Learning Grounds - Pennyfield - 07-20-2021

"The Fifth Course"

Jill, famished for sure, was of course more than happy to continue the dinner and while she, Mikael and the other guests were enjoying their meal it went down with some good wine and some talks.

When the meal was over and the chef was given honors for the exquisite dishes Jill turned to Mikael:

"Mr. Aalto, I enjoyed sharing this meal with you and your associates. Would you wish to accompany me on a walk through the academy so we stretch our legs and let our meal settle a bit? Even though most classes have ended already I can show you around as so you can see what we are doing here."

She quickly added:

"You have undoubtedly seen the academy layout so should there be any area which you would like to see first please let me know."

RE: Visiting The Learning Grounds - Solo Wing Sagume - 07-21-2021

"Final Part"

Scratching his beard and wiping off any leftover crumbles from his mouth, he stands up with a polite smile. "But of course, I would be intrigued by a personal tour through these halls, already inspected some of the lecture halls and instrument, but apologies old age and this not being my main area of expertise couldn't figure much out on my own, other that it looks very clean and top notch here."

"Please after you Miss Doctor. Would be delightful to get a detailed explanation of what my people will await in your facility." He give a nod and waves over his colleagues to prepare. Meanwhile grabbing out a check where he signs it with his name and reaches out to Miss Doctor Xi. "Though I must say the hospitality we have experienced here and what I've already seen across these halls, already convinced me enough... and sadly we can't be too picky as preparations have to be in time, pardon for that, but I'm already convinced that this is the place where I see a future for our future paramedics." Giving over the check to her with a trustworthy smile. "Nonetheless, we want to see this little tour anyway. Already can't wait to see the last bits with explanation from the experts, after this I would be delighted to take over the paper work with you all." That being said he leads with a confident attidute the column and a calm smile on his face.

To be continued.
Stories of the Jaegers

RE: Visiting The Learning Grounds - Pennyfield - 07-22-2021

"The encore"

Jill was amazed with the directness of her guest. Even more, she was somewhat at a loss of words yet she (barely) managed to contain herself as she turned to Mikael:

"Mr. Aalto, I must say I'm surprised with your directness yet I admire this very much, it is... *she paused for a moment* ...something I'm not accustomed to. So having said that, I'm thankful your trust and as you have already seen our facility allow me to show you one part of the station which is my personal favorite and I'm sure you will agree when you see it."

She gestured towards the empty hallway and halted halfway as she pointed to a small plaque on the corridor which just said: "Maintenance access". She saw the frown on the faces but drew out her datapad and softly tipped the plaque. And with that touch the wall panel moved inwards and opened up the way to a small space...

"Mr. Aalto, while I do not have many secrets I must admit this is one of the few secrets I have for it is a hidden elevator towards the upper deck... ...And not the upper deck which is publicly known, this is a small area known only to a few yet it offers the best view and on a good day one can even see both planet Pygar and the Freeport from there. Please allow me to share this view with you and your company."

And with that she took this mysterious, generous and 'father-like' man and his associates towards one of the most hidden places of the station. A normal tour would never include this yet Mr. Aalto, Mikael showed trust, resiliance and above all a certain strenght which, to her, made him a special and above all very trustworthy person. And as she mentioned "Deck zero" she smiled and felt at peace with her role and with her newly aquainted friends as the elevator started moving....