Discovery Gaming Community
TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco (/showthread.php?tid=188296)

Pages: 1 2 3

TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Fiorella de Marco - 05-26-2021

INCOMING TRANSMISSION / TRASMISSIONE IN ARRIVO

[Image: Outcasts-character-2.jpg]

Sender ID: Comandante Fiorella Arianna de Marco, Guardia Svizzera
Recipient ID: Starflier NX-01
Subject: System mapping
Encryption: Medium

Salve NX-01,

I'm comandante Fiorella Arianna de Marco from the Maltese faction called Guardia Svizzera and we have met recently in Tau 37.

While I don't have much use for jump coordinates right now - I'm interested in your 'System Mapping' services. There are two systems I would like to have surveyed. I would like to know what is going on in there, what's there and list of stations with their owners, if you happen to find any. Those star systems are known as Inverness and Edinburgh.

Can it be arranged? What will be your price?

Cordiali saluti,
Comandante Fiorella Arianna de Marco,
Guardia Svizzera.

TERMINATING TRANSMISSION / INTERRUZIONE DELLA TRASMISSIONE

RE: TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Starfliers - 05-26-2021

Connection Established ██
Transmission Opens ██
Civilian Level Beta ██
[Image: starfliers_logo.png]
Leon, Starflers ██
Comandante Fiorella Arianna de Marco, MNS-Amalfi ██

I didn't expect a job so soon! Thought you forwarding the message was going to take time until I got anything back from the other Maltese groups. In any case, thanks for sending out a transmission. Yes, we do offer system mapping services, as I mentioned in space. However, my vessel is not suited to perform such a task. On our station in the Kepler System, we have outfitted an "Arrow" light fighter interceptor to be a fast-cruise system mapper, with enhanced sensors and all. We'll task the pilot to begin the job once he has come back from his sabbatical. For now, as we are a newly formed group of Freelancers and Zoners, we haven't yet figured out all our logistics and pricing for system mapping. Rift Data is another thing altogether, we find that more important to get right, and that has all been figured out. So this time I am inclined to give the two systems you have asked for free of charge. If or when you request a second order, at that point we will be charging for your services. Once the systems have been mapped and information gathered, a transmission from the pilot of '\S/'Silverstone will be sent through this frequency.

I hope that our services will be appreciated, and we can have some form of beneficial partnership in the future.

27.05.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██

RE: TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Fiorella de Marco - 05-26-2021

Salve Leon,

there are more star systems that interest me beyond these two which I wish to add into my vessel's database, but I want to see your results first. Speaking of future system surveys - do you have any restrictions about which systems you don't map?
Some factions are surely overprotective about their star systems as we are. Which reminds me one thing - I don't want see you mapping space around Malta which could be used against my people. Don't cross this one single line and I see no issues in our future cooperation.

You can address me as 'Comandante de Marco', if you prefer to use my name. We probably misunderstood each other a little - 'Maltese' isn't my name or callsign, but simply preferred word over the 'Outcast'.

As for now - I will be interested mainly in your system mapping services. Since I don't possess jump drive on my own - coordinates aren't a top priority for me, but I'm not saying that I won't be needing them in the future.

I'll be awaiting Silverstone's report.

Cordiali saluti,
Guardia Svizzera.

RE: TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Starfliers - 05-27-2021

Transmission Opens ██
Civilian Level Beta ██
Leon, Starflers ██

If there are more systems beyond the two, that would mean potentially more business for us. Any more are definitely welcome! You're asking that you don't want to see me fly around or using my tools to gain information on Malta and it's surrounding space, that is something I can restrict myself in doing, since my main concern is gaining some clients. Speaking of sectors of space I'm unwilling to map and gain data on, anything beyond the system known as Omicron Iota. That place is very scary and unsettling, and there's something resembling a Jump Gate in the center of that system... not sure where it leads. Another area is Gallia, though I could be persuaded to do jobs inside of their space. I find their Military very overzealous and I'd like to avoid them when possible. My vessel is armed with a cloaking device, so I can covertly get data in space deemed high-risk.

My apologies with our conversation in space. I would agree that there was some miscommunication. I meet a lot of groups, and each one has their own formal way they'd like to be greeted. For me, I call pilots out by their faction's name. Won't be making that mistake again. Like we said in our previous transmission, we are offering to get this order done free of charge. Both as a show of good faith and the prospect of future partnership - and also because we simply weren't prepared to take on a job like this just yet.

Please await '\S/'Silverstone's report. He will return to his post in about a week's time.

27.05.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██

RE: TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Starfliers - 05-29-2021

Transmission Opens ██
Civilian Level Beta ██
Leon, Starflers ██

I regret to inform you that the Iverness System is off-limits to us, in addition to Omicron Alpha, Gallia and deep into uncharted space. I cannot share the details as to why, but I will ask you if there was potentially another point of interest you would like us to map out?
If there's any degree of disappointment, I completely understand. I wish to make up for it in another way, if it suits you. I'll await a reply.

30.05.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██

RE: TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Fiorella de Marco - 05-29-2021

Salve Leon,

that's unfortunate, but on the other hand - I'm glad that you respect aforementioned boundaries. I was a little suspicious if you will actually honor my conditions, but you proved me wrong. Perhaps - the Edinburgh, or Aquitaine as it used to be called, might be more successful and accessible for you? It used to be occupied by Royal Enclave, but they have been defeated by BAF some time ago.

I would like to know what is happening in the eastern part of the Coronado system as that's quite a hot spot with all those patrols not exactly liking my kind, but your civilian snubcraft might go unnoticed even without questions.

And, if your fascination with Jump Drive technology will go beyond mapping coordinates for them, I might have a use for someone who knows a lot about jumpdrives in the near future.

Cordiali saluti,
Guardia Svizzera.

RE: TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Starfliers - 05-29-2021

Transmission Opens ██
Civilian Level Beta ██
Leon, Starflers ██

Can't say I'm surprised to hear the disappointment in your voice, though I'm relieved that your request hasn't been withdrawn. Of course, we will abide by your rules and not set our wings around Malta. I do have one question - The Outcast Hyperspace Starfleet did send me a transmission, and mentioned that you forwarded a message to them about me. I'll have to thank you for that. Means more business for me. You are not part of their faction, you are Guardia Svizzera? Just to I can keep my paperwork in check is all.

About the job, both the Coronado System and the Edinbrugh System are well within our allowed space. Halpert has given me word that he has landed somewhere in the Coronado System and will begin in a couple days time.

30.05.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██

RE: TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Fiorella de Marco - 05-29-2021

Salve Leon,

you are correct - I'm indeed part of Guardia Svizzera. That's why I have corrected you in the first place when we met in Tau 37 - they are not my superiors. But my affiliation in this matter isn't important - this is mainly my private venture as I'm curious explorer myself - in addition to being a soldier for my world.

I'll be awaiting your report.

Cordiali saluti,
Guardia Svizzera.

RE: TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Starfliers - 06-01-2021

Transmission Opens ██
Civilian Level Alpha ██
Halpert, Starfliers ██

The order is done and the report has been compiled. Seems I've learned a few things about these systems too. Attached you'll find the invoice for our service. Worthless, though, as Leon said we aren't charging for this order. You'll find this report to be accurate, as of a few hours ago.

01.06.828 ██
Transmission Closes ██
Connection Terminates ██

RE: TO: Starflier NX-01 | From: Comandante de Marco - Fiorella de Marco - 06-01-2021

[Image: Outcast-character-3.jpg]

Salve Halpert and Leon,

I'm impressed by the level of detail your have provided. Lavoro ben fatto - I'm interested in future cooperation. This will take me some time to browse through and upload it to my personal database.

As for you, Leon, I'd like to know your organization pricing for services like this one. I already have another set of systems in mind for the near future. Do let me know.

Just a small thing with your invoice - my vessel is named Amalfi, not Amalf.

Cordiali saluti,
Guardia Svizzera.