Discovery Gaming Community
BARGE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: BARGE (/showthread.php?tid=188485)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: BARGE - diamond1 - 06-11-2021

As a regular barge flier, please consider trying one out from someone you know or alternate ways. 15 billion is a big investment and including even if you have "a lot of time and money" it's still a very difficult purchase for the long-coming times. It is incredibly difficult to handle so you need to be prepared with the willpower needed to fly the thing.

RE: BARGE - Major. - 06-11-2021

Nice try to create a money sink...

A shame that you made it public, another special ship that just lost his special value since everyone could buy one now...

RE: BARGE - Groshyr - 06-11-2021

15 billion is quite a sum to waste

RE: BARGE - Major. - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 07:29 AM)Groshyr Wrote: 15 billion is quite a sum to waste

Nothing that can't be earned in 15 days, or 30 days, depending on how much time you want to invest.

It's just sad to make special ships public to everyone... and I can already see people flying only Barges...

RE: BARGE - MFN Neuss/Helmut Schmid - 06-11-2021

I would have bought one too, but not to fly around with. Unfortunately, the price is too high for my use

RE: BARGE - diamond1 - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 07:35 AM)Paul S. Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 07:29 AM)Groshyr Wrote: 15 billion is quite a sum to waste

It's just sad to make special ships public to everyone...

This is my thought as well. The whole point of even becoming a designated barge flier was the uniqueness of the ship in hope to lead to cool interactions and such. but all it's going to lead to is just more reasons for people to pirate it and nothing else before they log off honestly. Even if you were to put a 15 billion price for it, the matter does not change in regardless. On top of this, this will already just encourage the problem with power traders as it is. Althought it will be funny when people find it to be more than they can handle.

SRPS are already a difficult task for personally myself to do, With this being the closest i can for a chance to have a decent interaction nowadays. This'll make things harder.

RE: BARGE - Machelvanius - 06-11-2021

(06-10-2021, 07:32 PM)[*USI*] Wrote: What if said faction already owned said barge

And said admins forced it away from us.

Can I get a refund please,
Then I'll sign this.

I never had a barge, but I've had over 60 billion in credits over the years, erased by the decisions of previous teams of devs/admins/gm, If we're handing out refunds for time and effort lost, everyone gets 400 trillion credits and the entire freelancer universe goes into noob meltdown.

Stop whining. GHEEZ

I've seen barges flown, the average player would get it and forget it. You need a team of people helping on a barge because of it's lack of movement. You just can't get them through the hardest places, it's 100% a group ship, one pilot with multiple supporters. It's not a trade ship, or a fighter. So . . . it's a status symbol, kinda like the number bounties gotten, or blues in game, or credits earned. Meh, it's a fad.

RE: BARGE - Czechmate - 06-11-2021

I mean I was there in the initial event on the OSC side - and living through that made me realise you don't do stuff like disrupt lanes and ask for 100 mill because of how frustrating the thing is when I pirate it Smile

RE: BARGE - Saronsen - 06-11-2021

who cares, its useless and pobs do storing things infinitely better than the barge

maybe make a money sink more than 3 people want and isnt restricted to one (1) available unit

RE: BARGE - Corile - 06-11-2021

>community wants moneysinks
>admins give moneysink
>community starts autistic screeching that it's a bad moneysink

srsly

dont like it dont buy it

simple as