Discovery Gaming Community
To: Malta Hyperspace Starfleet | From: Anita Moreno - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Malta Hyperspace Starfleet | From: Anita Moreno (/showthread.php?tid=188489)

To: Malta Hyperspace Starfleet | From: Anita Moreno - Ursur - 06-11-2021

PUBLIC TICKET #000172
SENDER: MORENO ANITA

ADDRESS: MALTA HYPERSPACE STARFLEET OFFICE OF AFFAIRS
FWD TO: OPERATIONS COMMAND/INTERNAL

Comment from the Office of Affairs: A very unusual case, borderline dismissible. However, after discussion we decided to leave decision actual to you, leave the response to us in case of refusal.

CONTENTS:

Saludos y buenos dias,

I am writing your Command to ask for a serious favor. Please allow me to lay out the context first.

Twelve years ago I was blessed with a daughter, and I named the child Violeta. Living my life as many of our brothers and sisters do, my dear husband and me parted ways to carry out our service to beloved Malta in our own ways which we knew best - him staying among the crew of the freighter Trinidad, and me in my personal craft aiding our Nation with my skills as a fighter pilot. Whenever possible, we would pass Violeta between each other's ward, for the girl to know both a father and a mother. Unfortunately, our family line shares the curse of most of our peoples, the Moreno house has almost died out at this point; and so this grand responsibility fell solely on us.

A year ago, let that day be damned forever, I lost my dear partner when Trinidad was attacked during a smuggler run in Taus. Surely by miracle Violeta was recovered from the debris by our response team. My devastation knew no respite, though. The life-pod was not supplied with Cardamine, and she was not put in stasis neither, I presume due to frantic commotion aboard the attacked freighter. For that I blame no one, may those men souls rest as one with the Light.
Violeta managed to sustain herself on the emergency rations stowed in the pod before we finally reunited, to my anguish however the Orange defficiency left her mind maimed and body withering. I keep the child in stasis aboard my ship most of the time, for her days are short and full of agony.

Since that cursed day I roam the systems in search of a cure for the girl. To no avail. The damage is too serious, no minds on Malta nor elsewhere were able or willing to try healing her. I have been to the Freeports, to Atka and its great scientists, even on House planets, every day risking being torn apart by orbital surveilance systems. But I kept looking.

And I have set my eyes on the wrong places, places of Shadow and mediocrity. For recently I was blessed again with life and hope, a Great Radiance revealed Themselves before me, in light and flesh. I begged it for guidance and mercy, and They had such for me and Violeta. They told me that a cure is within Their powers, but it is for me to undertake the trial of the search towards the Holy Place they whispered about.
If that comes true and my daughter is to be saved, I will offer her to the Light, so she may serve a greater purpose and perhaps help more of those in need in the future.

And so I searched for weeks, trying to make out the way from those blurry visions bestowed upon me. Some people I met during my pilgrimage knew more than me of such secrets, and guided me in the right direction. I know where to go and my daughter's time is very short, but the way is perilous and our kind unwelcome on its path. I fear I can not do it alone, for our enemies know no remorse nor empathy, even for a child in peril.

Here I am to ask of you, please aid me in this most important moment. I know that your proud forces possess the technology to skip between worlds, and I know that Violeta will not survive an ordinary journey through the Sirius, not in time. In exchange I offer whatever you ask, be it a debt till the end of my days or my own life in service for the Starfleet.

You are the last hope we have, before it is too late.

If this reaches you, thank you for listening me out.

Les saludo atentamente,
Anita and Violeta Moreno

RE: To: Malta Hyperspace Starfleet | From: Anita Moreno - WiseTaurus - 06-11-2021

[Image: Iul59ny.png]

Anita Moreno:

Your tragedy has been a subject of heated discussion in MHS. Our goals are meant to help every Outcast out there; to ensure that our society goes beyond our current limitations. Having said that, your proposal is a risky one: Do you really understand what will happen with your daughter when the Light embraces her? She will most likely become a completely different being from what you know and she will probably be lost forever. What does she would really think about this?

On the other hand, you have travelled far to cure her; and you have tried all the options except this one. Tiempos desesperados exigen medidas desesperadas. If we have a slim chance to save her, perhaps taking the dangerous choice could be the best, considering that the alternative would not be desirable for anybody. Very well, we will satisfy your request and we will help you to go yonder, into the unknown of this Holy Place and find a better way of life for your daughter.

But, before we begin this journey, we would like information first. During our encounter in Omicron Delta, you alluded to Harbinger. You told us that it speaks in riddles, but you did not go any further. If you can facilitate us any additional information about this, we would certainly appreciate it. Our organization is interested in this particular knowledge so we can understand their motivations thoroughly. We need to protect our kin and the more we can estimate their movements, the better we will be prepared for the worst case scenario. Previous confrontations have shown their recklessness, but also they have proved curiosity and calm predisposition towards our kind.

Malta Hyperspace Starfleet is committed to the Outcasts as a whole, which is one of our directives. If we go with you, make sure that we will defend ourselves if things start to go hot. Our stance regarding the Light is clear: We do not want to control the uncontrollable, not without proper measuring first; but, as Maltese, we will respect your decision and make sure that your daughter will arrive to her destination.

Finally, if all things go well, we would surely benefit by your peculiar insight, if you take our path. You have demonstrated boldness, courage to go through unconventional means to save your dear daughter; and that kind of will is what we ask for each MHS member.

Esperando Atentamente su Respuesta
Audaz Alarcón
Alpha Explorer

[Image: Kw5Crpx.png]