Discovery Gaming Community
Radioactive commodities - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Radioactive commodities (/showthread.php?tid=18867)

Radioactive commodities - Cyberanson - 04-05-2009

We all know the situation when flying through some quiet system and then out of nowhere there's this really neat radiation warning symbol on the left side of the screen. Now there are some reasons for this: ship wrecks, neutron stars, radioactive gases ...

But what about giving floating commodities such an effect? I imagine the situation, when my ALG Mover drops some MOX containers in front of New Berlin an suddenly the radiation warning lamp starts flashing.

I don't know if this is possible.. maybe the radioactive areas are inserted within the system construction data sets... but if this would be possible I could imagine some more sweet effects of the radioactive goods. Let them do damage to insufficient shielded ships, which try to transport the commodities. Not much damage, but enogh to show the dangerous nature of those.

Radioactive commodities - Tenacity - 04-05-2009

hm... interesting idea.

makes for some good terrorist use as well, I can see a xeno making a flyby of a liberty battleship in an armored transport dropping MOX containers to irradiate everyone onboard =P

Radioactive commodities - Benjamin - 04-05-2009

hm, making them hard to transport, making an ALG-only ship that can handle it, and making them decent money might get some more ALG players!

' Wrote:hm, making them hard to transport, making an ALG-only ship that can handle it, and making them decent money might get some more ALG players!
Just a little side effect I was thinking of.:lol:I'm wondering how fast you recognized this point.

Radioactive commodities - Linkero - 04-05-2009

........EPIC. I love this idea. Dunno how possible it is, but if its not then im sure Cannon can do a bit of magic in FLHook to make it possible. And tenacity.....on my xeno i would jut take a tradelane and keep dropping em along the lane, that way people that take it would be effected allllllll the way to the other side:P

Radioactive commodities - Horon - 04-05-2009

Yea lets drop them outside the Newbie planet and laugh our a***es off as a butt-ton of Starfleas die.

' Wrote:Yea lets drop them outside the Newbie planet and laugh our a***es off as a butt-ton of Starfleas die.
Ever heard of... police, navy, vigilantes?:PThis would encourage periodic patrols to some planets and stations. Furthermore: floating goods disappear after a while.

And I think if some more community members will talk about this feature, there will be ways to avoid abuse. For example: change the damage from a static, hitpoint-based model to a certain percentage. Starfliers like battleships will lose the same percentage of hitpoints and will pay differently.

One more point on the RP with this feature: Some of you said it will be fun to drop those stuff in front of Manhattan. But where do you get this radioactive goods? Is any pirate base selling MOX, Plutonium and so on? (Okay, except Skye base, where you can get Nuclear Devices).
Weapon smugglers... start your engines! Terrorists will pay good for their new toys.