Discovery Gaming Community
Pirates & Traders - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Pirates & Traders (/showthread.php?tid=18869)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pirates & Traders - atom - 04-05-2009

Hi to all pirates and some in particular, please think before you pirate and demand money, eg pirates should be looking for traders from far systems entering their systems as they have more to loose, and are more likely to pay, than traders leaving home systems, like I was the other day, I was 1 tradelane jump from where I picked up my cargo which cost me !/2 a mil, when set upon by 3 pirates demanding 1.2 mil each. do the maths gents, I don't think there is a trader out there who would have paid up based on these circumstances. End of rant.

Tom

Pirates & Traders - Cyberanson - 04-05-2009

Pirate decisions don't have to be rational, when they are within some logical bounds... no pirate will demand 50 millions, for example.

If you pass them, then pay or get descroyed. Buy your cargo for half a million again and pass them again: pay or die. This is the system.

Some hints...

Pirates & Traders - Asbestos - 04-05-2009

Or... Play ze game, ja?

Pirates & Traders - atom - 04-05-2009

Ja:)

Pirates & Traders - hribek - 04-05-2009

' Wrote:Hi to all pirates and some in particular, please think before you pirate and demand money, eg pirates should be looking for traders from far systems entering their systems as they have more to loose, and are more likely to pay, than traders leaving home systems, like I was the other day, I was 1 tradelane jump from where I picked up my cargo which cost me !/2 a mil, when set upon by 3 pirates demanding 1.2 mil each. do the maths gents, I don't think there is a trader out there who would have paid up based on these circumstances. End of rant.

Tom

Tough for you but life goes on.

Oh and if one of my smart pirate characters needs some cargo that he/she can't buy ... guess where do you have the best chance of encountering me? Right, near the places it's built / mined / sold...

Pirates & Traders - Knuthetal - 04-05-2009

Stop being an OOC weenie.;)

How much is your ship and your very life worth to you, sir?

Pirates & Traders - sivran - 04-05-2009

Also, don't try to pirate a Firefly in a lone VHF. It doesn't work very well. Or if you do, lower your demand accordingly.;)

Pirates & Traders - BaconSoda - 04-05-2009

Thing is, Pirates have motives other than just making money. I used to pirate people 1 lane away from New Tokyo for their entire cargo just to get the message of "The AFA doesn't like gaijin" through. Did many of them pay? No, not really, but, the message was sent, and there was, amazingly enough, some good RP from it.

Moral of the story, think about everything from an RP standpoint, and not from a monetary one. We're all here to RP, so, that comes first.

' Wrote:Also, don't try to pirate a Firefly in a lone VHF. It doesn't work very well. Or if you do, lower your demand accordingly.;)

You'd be surprised what a lone VHF can do. Luxury Liners? Nice knowing your bots/bats, though, surviving won't be too hard...

Pirates & Traders - Baltar - 04-06-2009

' Wrote:Hi to all pirates and some in particular, please think before you pirate and demand money, eg pirates should be looking for traders from far systems entering their systems as they have more to loose, and are more likely to pay, than traders leaving home systems, like I was the other day, I was 1 tradelane jump from where I picked up my cargo which cost me !/2 a mil, when set upon by 3 pirates demanding 1.2 mil each. do the maths gents, I don't think there is a trader out there who would have paid up based on these circumstances. End of rant.

Tom

Try role playing yourself. And please drop the trial-by-forum.

Pirates & Traders - Baltar - 04-06-2009

' Wrote:Also, don't try to pirate a Firefly in a lone VHF. It doesn't work very well. Or if you do, lower your demand accordingly.;)

Oh geez ... give me a break ... at least the VHF is attempting some role play. How about you in your Firefly? Mindlessly moving cargo from point A to point B with no plan to engage in role play?