Discovery Gaming Community
Engines and Thrusters - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Engines and Thrusters (/showthread.php?tid=188706)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Engines and Thrusters - St.Denis - 06-30-2021

Following 2 very recent Player's Requests regarding the status of Engines and Thrusters, the definitive answer is:

For the foreseeable future Engines and Thrusters are to be treated as purely cosmetic ie. ooRP.

RE: Engines and Thrusters - Czechmate - 06-30-2021

Yes yes yes - can we please remove the remaining 75% hits on engines and Incompatible ones to follow suit on all but nomad I'd imagine

RE: Engines and Thrusters - Kauket - 06-30-2021

Imagine wanting to have people earn certain things but are told "no its cosmetic". Stupidity. So much for providing an incentive to people for interactions and a sense of achievement.

RE: Engines and Thrusters - Reeves - 06-30-2021

Imagine having things.

RE: Engines and Thrusters - Galaxian - 06-30-2021

(06-30-2021, 09:56 PM)Kauket Wrote: Imagine wanting to have people earn certain things but are told "no its cosmetic". Stupidity. So much for providing an incentive to people for interactions and a sense of achievement.

This.

(06-30-2021, 09:57 PM)Reeves Wrote: Imagine having things.

Imagine pandering to the entitled silent power traders.

Might as well make every gun in the game available because 'it's just cosmetic ". Maybe ships too.

RE: Engines and Thrusters - Reeves - 06-30-2021

(06-30-2021, 10:01 PM)Kauket Wrote:

Might as well make every gun in the game available because 'it's just cosmetic ". Maybe ships too.

I'm not pandering, I'm just confused what it means to have things.

RE: Engines and Thrusters - Galaxian - 06-30-2021

Imagine a Junker ship with Xeno guns, or vice versa. Imagine Bretonian warships with Corsair loadouts.
That's what this is pandering to.

(06-30-2021, 10:02 PM)Reeves Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 10:01 PM)Kauket Wrote:

I'm not pandering, I'm just confused what it means to have things.

It looks silly and usually having faction stuff means you align with them. You also eliminate the ability to reward people via cosmetics.

RE: Engines and Thrusters - Toaster - 06-30-2021

What the hell are you people on about? They're engines and thrusters. They're all identical gameplay-wise and the only method of cosmetic customization available (outside of lights). It's nothing like making weapons and ships available to everyone.

Which, by the way, you still have control over, so stop whining about something this minor and let people have pretty colors come out of their ships' asses.