Discovery Gaming Community
PETITION: Nerf NPCs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: PETITION: Nerf NPCs (/showthread.php?tid=18907)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

PETITION: Nerf NPCs - pieguy259 - 04-06-2009

We, the undersigned, agree that:
  • NPCs are currently too strong.
  • A Bounty Hunter Battleship should not be ganked by five hundred Titans the moment it peeks into the Omicrons.
  • Gallic Navy NPCs should not swarm Grenoble with five bombers, a gunboat and an ice cream truck every ten seconds.
  • A transport should not be continually shot at, disrupted, rammed out of the way of the lanes and forced to use all its shield batteries and nanobots every time it tries to go anywhere.
  • Rogues should not shoot to pieces every Starflier that travels from Pennsylvania to West Point.
  • NPCs do not add to RP at all; that they currently detract from it by barging in on RP situations, shooting the opponent to tiny bits and flying away, and generally making nuisances of themselves.
  • And most importantly, that NPCs are not players, that they should not be equal to players, that they should exist only to provide atmosphere and that they should immediately be nerfed in all areas excepting guard systems to levels where they cannot interfere with everyone's continued enjoyment of this server.
Sign this petition to reduce the NPC problem on Discovery.

Signatures:
  • Pieguy259
  • Entrepreneur
  • Derkylos
  • Dead_shot
  • JakeSG (partial agreement)
  • TOME
  • Eppy (partial agreement)
  • Nathrael
  • NerdRage
  • Sand_Spider
  • .:j:.Smith
  • Coriko Lameos
  • Mwerte
  • Benjamin
  • Zapp
  • Cosmos
  • Sovereign
  • Elsdragon
  • Darthbeck
  • Rocket.Mouse
  • Boss
  • Kurosora
  • N00bl3t
  • Rouge
  • Laowai
  • Teknikal
  • Lt Colonel John Sheppard
  • Orin
  • -XO-
  • Manuel
  • Corsair
  • Magnarot
  • Donutman
  • ... where did it ran?

PETITION: Nerf NPCs - Captain - 04-06-2009

/signed

PETITION: Nerf NPCs - Derkylos - 04-06-2009

Yeah, uhh, I think we all know where I stand on this >.>

PETITION: Nerf NPCs - slashhammer - 04-06-2009

Hi there,

most npc's seem to be fair to me, just the higlevel missions often seem to be a lot to tough.

It's ridiculous if you get faced with up to 8 Osiris or something similiar on a mission, also
hordes of those higlevel npc's (patrols) using shieldbusters (even infernos) and mini razors
or supernovas (not for sure at this point) seem to be a little too much in particular as they
allways come in numbers.

But most of the npc's seem to be fine as they're, and when the server gets populated there
aren't anymore npc's anyway, at least almost none except on missions of course.

John

PETITION: Nerf NPCs - globalplayer-svk - 04-06-2009

why not? in past,when npc was uselles, it was really big fun tosee, enemy capital ships in front of your home planet, 25 npc shooting on it and nothing happened. npcwas usseles in fights. now they are stronger, and i think it is better, you are screaming about bh battleship entering imocrons,and what you will? to feel safe, because you are in bs? strongernpc makeone thing,all must always take a care...
i like the new npcs...

PETITION: Nerf NPCs - pieguy259 - 04-06-2009

NPC VHFs should not be able to swarm and demolish a battleship. It defies logic. Make them a bit stronger in the Omicrons, sure, but these levels are ridiculous.

PETITION: Nerf NPCs - dead_shot - 04-06-2009

/signed

especially part regarding TL disruption.

As for the missions - you don't take those of level 39 and above and you should be safe.

Guard systems NPCs being tougher also makes a lot of sense to me.

PETITION: Nerf NPCs - globalplayer-svk - 04-06-2009

pieguy, 10 players in titans, can rape every single ship, why not 10 npc?

PETITION: Nerf NPCs - Cyberanson - 04-06-2009

In my opinion hard NPCs bring some spice into the soup. Especially das Wilde are very hard.
Don't fight them with transports.:P

Anyways... keep 'em hard.

PETITION: Nerf NPCs - JakeSG - 04-06-2009

Because 10 NPCs can swarm quite literally out of the ground and ruin a balanced fight.

I agree, in some cases they do need to be nerfed, but in some cases they should be buffed or left as is. The immediate vicinity around bases and planets should be left capable of providing support, for example, and any Dread/Cruiser patrols that happen to cross the path of a hostile should do considerably more than throw in a few bolts and look pretty. Seeing as they already do, they at least should be left.