Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Events Rule Update (/showthread.php?tid=189260)

Pages: 1 2 3

Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - aerelm - 08-09-2021

In light of recent events (no pun intended) the team decided to revisit the old FR3 and simplify the event rules so one set of guidelines covers all events, rather than splitting the guidelines between unofficial events, official faction-sponsored events and official staff events, which admittedly was bit too convoluted and also pretty outdated compared to the multiple cleanup/simplification passes rest of the rules had gotten in more recent years. We'll also be looking at a suitable replacement for FR3, so pardon that bit of outdated text in faction rights for the time being.
It's sad that we even need to say this, really...
Moving forward, all registered events are treated the same regardless of whether or not they're sponsored by an official faction - If an event specifies that participants need to register beforehand, anyone participating in any way and during any portion of the event (even the very end) needs to be registered beforehand. For the duration of any registered events, any ships not registered can be asked to leave the area, and they must comply.

Needless to say, it's expected of anyone arranging events to utilize this moderately and with some common sense. Events shouldn't be set up in a way that'd be disruptive to normal gameplay (e.g. locking down large portions of main systems or for prolonged periods, etc). Also, players are encouraged to open their events to more IDs in advance if approached.

Play nice and have fun.

RE: Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - Lucas - 08-09-2021

Does this mean that people cannot come to the event and shoot the people that have won the event (nobody of the other side remains, the outcome is settled)

RE: Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - pillow - 08-09-2021

[Image: OyAD6gS.png]
at least now we know for sure that regular players and people who are registered to an event aren't part of the same timeline and/or plane of existence

RE: Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - Reeves - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 02:13 PM)Lucas Wrote: Does this mean that people cannot come to the event and shoot the people that have won the event (nobody of the other side remains, the outcome is settled)

(08-09-2021, 02:09 PM)aerelm Wrote: (even the very end)

So no, even if the event has just ended and the victorious side remains, they still exist in the microcosm of simulated reality that serves the event's premises. Meaning you cannot attack them without being registered.

RE: Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - Czechmate - 08-09-2021

Thank you very much, appreciate this greatly.

RE: Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - Backo - 08-09-2021

Can I technically make a smuggler event where only smugglers are allowed to participate and thus be allowed to move illegal goods without repercussions as I am excluding the rest of the server from interacting with me in any reasonable way?

Asking for a friend.

RE: Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - aerelm - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 03:01 PM)Backo Wrote: Can I technically make a smuggler event where only smugglers are allowed to participate and thus be allowed to move illegal goods without repercussions as I am excluding the rest of the server from interacting with me in any reasonable way?

Asking for a friend.
(08-09-2021, 02:09 PM)aerelm Wrote: Needless to say, it's expected of anyone arranging events to utilize this moderately and with some common sense. Events shouldn't be set up in a way that'd be disruptive to normal gameplay

RE: Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - Chuba - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 02:09 PM)aerelm Wrote: Needless to say, it's expected of anyone arranging events to utilize this moderately and with some common sense. Events shouldn't be set up in a way that'd be disruptive to normal gameplay

(08-09-2021, 02:09 PM)aerelm Wrote: disruptive to normal gameplay

Idk about you, but if I was a new player and I stumbled upon an event and was met with [08.08.2021 18:19:31] HS>Reconquista: // if yuo haven't registered, stay out
and even AFTER it's done I cannot interact with them, it's pretty disruptive.

I wouldn't want to play a game where I am punished for actually trying to play it and immerse myself in it. Reading forums shouldn't be mandatory to play this game.

RE: Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - aerelm - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 03:07 PM)Chuba Wrote: immersive myself in it
(08-09-2021, 02:09 PM)aerelm Wrote: any ships not registered can be asked to leave the area, and they must comply [...] Also, players are encouraged to open their events to more IDs in advance if approached. [...] Play nice and have fun.
I'm sure if the newbie asks nicely no one would mind letting them stay and partake in the fun. Since this is a videogame after all and first and foremost is supposed to be fun, anything else comes second, and the intent with all changes like this one is to remind and encourage players to be mindful of everyone's fun, not just their own.

RE: Admin Notice: Events Rule Update - Chuba - 08-09-2021

(08-09-2021, 03:15 PM)aerelm Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 03:07 PM)Chuba Wrote: immersive myself in it
(08-09-2021, 02:09 PM)aerelm Wrote: any ships not registered can be asked to leave the area, and they must comply [...] Also, players are encouraged to open their events to more IDs in advance if approached. [...] Play nice and have fun.
I'm sure if the newbie asks nicely no one would mind letting them stay and partake in the fun. Since this is a videogame after all and first and foremost is supposed to be fun, anything else comes second, and the intent with all changes like this one is to remind and encourage players to be mindful of everyone's fun, not just their own.

Thanks, fixed.

One thing though, I don't understand the reason why people feel like they're entitled to protection /after/ the event has ended though?

What's the funny reason that people get to be invulnerable and basically stay as out of roleplay entities even after their little circlejerk has ended