Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: Firewolfy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: Firewolfy (/showthread.php?tid=189588)

Player Sanctioned: Firewolfy - aerelm - 09-05-2021

@Firewolfy has been sanctioned for:

Quote:wrt Flash_Magnus, Flash_Sentry, etc
2.5 - Characters that are ponies, furries, or direct imports (characters taken from other franchises) are not allowed.

wrt Backpacks:
2.6 - Every character must have only one type of ID equipped and must play according to the role and restrictions of that ID.

Consequences:

We've been getting a few complaints about your character names in recent months, and then the complaints turned into reports, and then here we are. There are a couple of separate issues that been brought up with your char names, so I'm gonna split this post into two parts to hopefully avoid making it more confusing:

First there's the issue of MLP names:
Far as I could see in your forum RP, the character itself doesn't seem to be played as a pony or a direct import, so its only the name that's the issue. Technically, those same rules apply to character names as well, regardless of what the character's roleplay is, and while we're usually a bit more lax when it's just the name, in case of your characters it's frankly starting to get a bit excessive, and now too many ships of yours are named after MLP characters.

So the team decided to require a rename of all those MLP chars. It's up to you what you want to rename them to, but they need to use original and more RP-appropriate names from now on.

Then there's the issue with Backpack names:
The name itself is fine, and the issue here is just how it's being used - Ships sharing the same callsign are expected to belong to the same character inrp, and each character is expected to be part of only one faction (with the exception of "off duty" freelancer IDed ships). In case of the Backpack characters though, they seem to be using a wide range of IDs, which would imply them to be separate, unrelated characters. Their names needs to reflect that.

You're free to keep the name on all the the Freelancer IDed ones, and one of the faction IDed ones if they're supposed to be piloted by the same character inrp, but you'll need to rename rest of the faction IDed ones to different names to reflect they're not operated by the same pilot.

There's no monetary fine tied to this sanction, but you'll need to rename your chars however you see fit to be in line with the mentioned rules by September 12th.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of GM Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Sanctioned: Firewolfy - Firewolfy - 09-05-2021

Hello

I understand what is written here and accept the consequences. My main concern with all this is the fact that I have submitted a SRP request under the name “Flash_Magnus”
Would I need to rename this char as well? This may not be the best place to ask this but I have been waiting for about 2 months for a reply to this SRP and heard nothing as of yet. If i rename all my other chars, can I keep just that one name? Reason being if I need to rename that then I would need to retcon all the RP I have done for the past several months to comply along side that. Although if i do need to change that name too, I will comply. Please let me know,
Thanks

RE: Player Sanctioned: Firewolfy - aerelm - 09-05-2021

Yea, that request is still open, but since the whole naming situation was brought up around the same time we didn't push that one to final voting until this one was sorted out.

That char's name has the same issue as the other ones mentioned here and would need a rename same as the rest. If you'd need more time to fix all the RP tied to that request, that's understandable, we can put it on hold until everything's updated and then do the vote for it once it's ready, so just let me know when its all sorted out and we'll give it another look then.

RE: Player Sanctioned: Firewolfy - Firewolfy - 09-06-2021

Hello again

I have now completed the rename on all chars that needed it. I still have one char the same, my first one being called "Backpack" and renamed one of my Lightning_Dust chars to Lightning_Strike, this is ok yes? I have changed the name of my main char "Flash_Magnus" to "Stormhawk" and have adjusted my RP threads to fall in line with that. if everything is in order, everything involving my SRP thread can be changed with reference to Stormhawk, is this correct?

RE: Player Sanctioned: Firewolfy - aerelm - 09-07-2021

Gave your chars a look, and yea, everything seems to be sorted now.

Thanks for your understanding.