Discovery Gaming Community
To: Section 8 From: Primary Fleet - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Section 8 From: Primary Fleet (/showthread.php?tid=189633)

To: Section 8 From: Primary Fleet - Vitoniz30 - 09-08-2021

[Image: LL00o7i.gif]

⧫ Akabat
⧫ Omicron Mu
⧫ From: Order Overwatch HC, Commodore William Storgen
⧫ To: The Order, Section 8

Collecting data

Good morning, Section 8, I am William Storgen, Commodore in the Order Primary Fleet.

This message will be brief, but substantive.
Our Command would like to know more about your Section like in-depth description, specialization, and area of responsibility since we don't get any reports from you. You have no need to extremely worry - this is nothing but standard procedure for verifying the integrity of The Order. I rely on your cooperation.

With regards,

Commodore William Storgen
Task Force "Black Arrow", 2nd Battlegroup, 7:30, 08.09.828

⧫ Attachments:

RE: To: Section 8 From: Primary Fleet - Toaster - 09-08-2021

[Image: 9urGfE0.png]
Section 8

[ Incoming communiqué ]

Sender ID: Hawkins, OCR-54
Receiver ID: William Storgen, Overwatch HC

"Collecting Data"

Commodore Storgen,

I am Captain Catherine Hawkins of the reconnaissance cruiser Unto Nightfall. Command has delegated the response to your missive to me, as I am Section 8's ranking field operative. I will provide you with a brief overview of Section 8, its assets, and its activities.

Section 8 is a secondary cell operating under the Order umbrella, conducting covert actions, reconnaissance, and containment within and around house space. Primary objectives are to gather intelligence on alien activity - overt or otherwise - within human-inhabited space, as well as to combat present xeno threats by any means available.

Modus operandi involves establishing contacts with parties neutral or friendly towards the Order to provide supplies, safe harbor, and intel on Section 8 areas of operation, deployment of Section 8 assets into areas of operations for recon purposes, and aggressive action against alien and xeno-sympathetic elements within the areas of operation - assisting human forces, whether friendly or hostile, when deemed prudent.

Section 8's current primary areas of operations are Liberty space, the surrounding independent systems, and the lower Taus. Deployed assets are comprised of the Unto Nightfall, a latest generation Resheph-class cruiser, and her snubcraft complement.

I hope this answers what questions Overwatch HC might have.

Hawkins out.

RE: To: Section 8 From: Primary Fleet - Vitoniz30 - 09-08-2021

⧫ Akabat
⧫ Omicron Mu
⧫ From: Order Overwatch HC, Commodore William Storgen
⧫ To: Section 8, Cpt. Catherine Hawkins

Re: Collecting data

Check.

Unto Nightfall Resheph-class cruiser has been found in our database.
Section 8 modus operandi sufficiently matches our requirements and we have nothing against your activity.
If you are looking for Order-friendly company within Liberty I strongly recommend contacting Liberty Navy 5th Fleet, but be careful and avoid meeting them personally before other fleets' eyes. Compromising them and possible unpleasant consequences is the last thing I would like to deal.
For supplying you always can return to Battleship Atum. We dispatched ship on the Liberty borders, in Galileo, relatively not long time ago. We also would like to know about Nomads and their sympathetic parties not less than you, so if you have a need - contact us via Central Communications using Atum communication relays.

Besides, in extreme case we have several dispatched strike wings around Liberty, on Bretonia and Rheinland borders. Call them, when it's necessary.

At last, I should remind you extensive medical check every 3 months is mandatory and every Order operative is obligated to pass medical checks. Failure or any attempt to resist will be met with fatal results for agents, command, and ship crew.

With regards,

Commodore William Storgen
Task Force "Black Arrow", 2nd Battlegroup, 9:05, 08.09.828

⧫ Attachments:

RE: To: Section 8 From: Primary Fleet - Toaster - 09-08-2021

[Image: 9urGfE0.png]
Section 8

[ Incoming communiqué ]

Sender ID: Hawkins, OCR-54
Receiver ID: William Storgen, Overwatch HC

"Collecting Data"

Commodore Storgen,

Section 8 has been in contact with and covertly cooperating with the 5th Fleet for several months already, exchanging intelligence on alien and Auxesian activity in and around Liberty. Should we encounter anything that Section 8 cannot handle on its own, we will contact Overwatch.

Hawkins out.