Discovery Gaming Community
» Order Overwatch HC - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: » Order Overwatch HC (/showthread.php?tid=189643)

Pages: 1 2 3

» Order Overwatch HC - Toaster - 09-10-2021

[Image: 9urGfE0.png]
Section 8

[ Incoming communiqué ]

Sender ID: Hawkins, OCR-54
Receiver ID: Overwatch High Command

"Priority Report: Kepler, Ridge"

Good day.

Section 8 has deemed it prudent to send a field report to Overwatch High Command. As you have recently been made aware, Section 8 is currently conducting operations across Liberty and its bordering systems. Over the past months, we have been covertly cooperating with elements of the navy's 5th Fleet in order to observe and combat Auxesian and Nomad activity within and around the house.

Over the course of these operations, we have gathered intelligence that clearly displays non-hostile contact between the Technocracy of Auxo and the Nomads' Vagrant hive [see attachments 1, 2, and 3]. Further, since the reopening of the storm-ravaged Kepler system, we have encountered increased Nomad and Auxesian activity within the system. At first, we assumed it to have been a matter of simple curiosity regarding the unusually powerful dark matter storm. Recent findings, however, paint a far more worrying picture.

Some weeks ago, one of our recon ships had a strange encounter in the Kepler system. A Coalition expeditionary cruiser, the CPW Lusankya was interacting with a Vagrant warform of the Ish'tar type. Ignoring repeated warnings from our operative, the Lusankya allowed the warform to approach and unexpectedly catch it within a hyperspace breach, removing both the cruiser and itself from the system. Witness to this encounter was the independent researcher Vincent Abrams, callsign Ridge. Upon discussion with our operative, Mister Abrams revealed to be in possession of unknown materials sourced - allegedly - from within the Nomad Dyson sphere [see attachment 4]. Section 8 attempted to procure a sample of these materials from Abrams, however, the deal fell through last minute [see attachment 5].

Not long thereafter, we were contacted by Mister Abrams and asked to perform an examination of his body, scanning for Nomad infestation. It turned out that, despite warnings offered both by our operative and myself, Abrams again came into close contact with Nomads. An examination was conducted aboard the Unto Nightfall and Abrams was cleared [see attachments 6 and 7].

All was relatively quiet for a few weeks thereafter, the only events of interest being encounters with elements of the Technocracy and Liberty's 5th Fleet in Kepler - again chalked up to idle curiosity. A few days ago, however, one of our recon ships currently stationed in the Hudson system came across Mister Abrams again - this time in the company of the Technocracy's very own Revenant. In a surprising act of amicability, Revenant informed us of the individual John Silverstone, callsign Rusty.Old.Screw. Of greater interest, however, were Mister Abrams suggestions about his research and its potential implications [see attachment 8]. He appeared to be concerned about the safety of Liberty.

Coincidentally, we received a report from the 5th Fleet concerning Auxesian and Nomad joint activity. According to the evidence provided to the 5th Fleet by Mister Silverstone and forwarded to Section 8, Mister Abrams appears to be somehow involved with both the Technocracy and the Nomads [see again attachment 3]. Upon receiving this information, I contacted Mister Abrams [see attachment 9] and, after a brief discussion concerning his worrying conduct, agreed to meet with him in Tau-29. There, Mister Abrams revealed what limited information he could concerning his operations in the Kepler system. It appears that one of the stellar anomalies that have formed with the dark matter storm is no mere natural phenomenon, but rather an object of interest for the Nomads. Abrams has been investigating this anomaly in an alleged effort to prevent ... something from happening [see attachment 10].

Quite frankly, Mister Abrams seems to be suffering from acute paranoia, claiming to be at all times watched by 'Them.' Considering, however, his circumstances, Section 8 believes his claims to be truthful, if exceedingly vague. Mister Abrams has, indeed, been collaborating with Auxesian elements and has, indeed, been in close contact with the Nomads on several occasions. Nevertheless, we trust his intentions. For now.

Section 8 will continue to closely observe the situation, redeploying the Unto Nightfall to the Kepler system to investigate the phenomena within the dark matter storm. We believe that Section 8 can handle the situation revolving around Kepler and Mister Abrams on its own, but we request that Overwatch places its assets in and around Liberty on high alert. Regardless of what exactly is going on in Kepler, Nomad and Auxesian activity in and around Liberty has increased to the point that Section 8 units alone may no longer be able to contain it.

Section 8 will keep Overwatch High Command appraised of the situation as it unfolds and will request support if deemed necessary. Something concerning is taking place in Kepler.

Hawkins out.

Attachments:
Attachment 1 - Evidence, Auxesian-Nomad contact. Source: Recon.
Attachment 2 - Evidence, Auxesian-Nomad contact. Source: Silverstone, 5th Fleet.
Attachment 3 - Evidence, Auxesian-Nomad contact, Vincent Abrams. Source: Silverstone, 5th Fleet.
Attachment 4 - First encounter with Vincent Abrams, Kepler. Discussion about Dyson sphere material.
Attachment 5 - Failed deal with Vincent Abrams.
Attachment 6 - Vincent Abrams' request for examination.
Attachment 7 - Vincent Abrams' examination and clearance.
Attachment 8 - Encounter with Revenant, Vincent Abrams. Discussion about Silverstone, Abrams' research.
Attachment 9 - Messages 5 - 11 only. Communications with Vincent Abrams.
Attachment 10 - Meeting with Vincent Abrams, Tau-29. Discussion about Abrams' research and conduct.

RE: » Order Overwatch HC - Vitoniz30 - 09-10-2021

[Image: LL00o7i.gif]

⧫ Akabat
⧫ Omicron Mu
⧫ From: Order Overwatch HC, Commodore William Storgen
⧫ To: The Order, Section 8

Emergency message

Good day, Hawkins.

Your data is currently under in-depth analysis and I personally keep eye on it. But there is a question that must be resolved immediately. Answer without hesitation: can we save Vincent Abrams and his work? I will make a decision about him after your reply.

Let us study all you sent in detail and I will reply later.

With regards,

Commodore William Storgen
Task Force "Black Arrow", 2nd Battlegroup, 11:14, 10.09.828

⧫ Attachments:

RE: » Order Overwatch HC - Toaster - 09-10-2021

Section 8

[ Incoming communiqué ]

"RE: Kepler, Ridge"

Storgen,

The exact nature of Mister Abram's research remains a mystery to Section 8. All we have is his word that it serves the protection of mankind and the knowledge that he is collaborating with Auxesia. His research has brought him into close contact with Nomad elements. His concerns about 'Them' watching him and his fear of revealing information that might result in repercussions indicates that he is at least to some extent under alien influence and likely suffering from indoctrination. How long he will be able to last is unknown.

My personal suggestion is to continue close observation of Mister Abrams and to eliminate him should he prove to be more threat than ally. Until then, his research should be allowed to continue. It may prove invaluable to the Order, both in regards to protecting humanity from the Nomads, as well as in more accurately determining the relationship between Auxesia and the Vagrants.

Hawkins out.

RE: » Order Overwatch HC - Vitoniz30 - 09-10-2021

⧫ Akabat
⧫ Omicron Mu

Re: Emergency message

Thank you.

Your reply helped me so much not to make a heavy decision to terminate Abrams. Expect my detailed message later, Abrams is our concern from now on.

With regards,

Task Force "Black Arrow", 2nd Battlegroup, 11:42, 10.09.828

⧫ Attachments:

RE: » Order Overwatch HC - Vitoniz30 - 09-13-2021

⧫ Akabat
⧫ Omicron Mu

Analyzis complete

Greetings again, Section 8.

Let me inform you we finally studied everything you sent and it...causes certain concerns. So now we have two major issues to deal - Kepler anomaly and abandoned Moros. Did you know all hibernating Nomads already abandoned this sole planet in the Omicron Lost? Well, now you know, but I am sure it wasn't abandoned completely - we've met united Auxo technocracy war vessels united with large Nomad warforms at the orbit. There is no doubt, Auxesians and Nomads are on one side. Mister Abrams refuses to admit or just cannot understand he's crossing dangerous line, working with Revenant and Technocracy itself. One of our agents, operative Firebolt, was observing over Vincent Abrams and, unfortunately, he declined our offer to evacuate him to the safe place. Having him on Order side could help us in certain researches. Plus I had something to ask him personally, but his decisions make me act differently and...radically even when I don't want to do this.

Speaking of Kepler we have to look at star anomaly with our own eyes, but don't expect large Order fleet there. We have Battleship Atum in the Galileo with many squadrons onboard. We can send several cruisers as reinforcements if things go worse, and, probably, Battleship Nekhbet once vessel get repaired after getting damaged at the Moros. If Abrams says truth and Nomads are interested in anomaly - we can prepare a trap for 'our blue friends'.

With regards,

Task Force "Black Arrow", 2nd Battlegroup, 11:25, 13.09.828

⧫ Attachments:

RE: » Order Overwatch HC - Toaster - 09-13-2021

Section 8

[ Incoming communiqué ]

"RE: Kepler, Ridge"

Storgen,

The situation around Planet Moros and Omicron Lost is outside of Section 8's areas of operation. That matter will be left to Overwatch, unless it directly affects operations in and around Liberty. As for Mister Abrams, it is regrettable but at this point hardly surprising that he refuses to cooperate with the Order. He seems to be convinced that, regardless of what I have assured him, our goals do not align with his own in a way that makes us trustworthy. Ironically, this only results in him appearing untrustworthy. Section 8 assets will continue to observe him.

The preparations for the Unto Nightfall's redeployment to Kepler are being completed as we speak. She will avoid operating out of Ames Research Station for the sake of maintaining Zoner neutrality in the weeks to come, and instead base out of a Xeno outpost, Nome Base, to the west of the system. Any data we collect on the anomalies, Auxesian and Nomad activity, and, of course, Mister Abrams will be forwarded to Overwatch High Command should it be deemed valuable. We will also contact you should Overwatch support become necessary. Until then, I advise Overwatch units to remain on stand by on high alert. Needlessly increased Order activity in the area may do more harm than good.

Hawkins out.

RE: » Order Overwatch HC - Toaster - 10-18-2021

Section 8

Encryption: Citadel

"Re: Kepler, Ridge"

Storgen,

The Unto Nightfall has spent the past weeks in the Kepler system, investigating the gravitational and spacial anomalies that have formed in the dark matter storm. This is a brief report on the only encounter of significance, occurring yesterday, Oct. 17, 828.

The Nightfall approached the trinary anomaly around the wreckage of the Prophet (internal designation K1*). Upon entering maximum sensor range, we detected three unknown signatures within close proximity to the anomaly. One of these was, I believe, the unique Nomad form designated as Entity. It vanished from sensors and visuals shortly after first contact, leaving behind two warforms of the lesser Nammu-type. These held position near K1*.

The Nightfall cautiously approached, getting into range for more detailed scans. The dark matter storm's interference, however, limited even our sensors' capabilities, providing us only limited readings. The two Nomad forms apparently registered our intent and broke formation, approaching us on attack vectors. Believing the Nightfall to be more than capable of engaging two lesser Nammu forms, I gave the order to open fire.

I am afraid this was a critical mistake. These warforms were not typical Nammu forms. Both their defensive and offensive armaments far surpassed those typical of their type. The Nightfall's ion batteries were able to penetrate their veils with ease, but they regenerated almost instantly, rendering our main batteries effectively useless. They possessed beam weapons far more advanced than anything I have seen wielded by their type before, capable of wearing down our shields in a matter of seconds and cutting through armor plating with ease.

Realizing my error, I gave the order to cloak and retreat. Luckily, these Nomads did not pursue. The Nightfall suffered heavy damage to her lower sections and five of my crewmen lost their lives in the engagement. I should have known better than to underestimate the alien.

I reached out to Vincent Abrams in hopes of him perhaps possessing some information on these unusual warforms. As luck would have it, our Hudson operative was able to track him down and put me into contact with him. Mister Abrams explained that he was, indeed, familiar with these forms - the so-called Sentinels. He clarified that they are extremely dangerous - as we have now witnessed firsthand. It furthermore appears that their activity is centered around K1*, as Section 8 has hypothesized for some time now.

The rudimentary scans we were able to perform of these Sentinel warforms and the relevant comm logs of my discussion with Mister Abrams are attached below.

Additionally, Mister Abrams reported of an incident (or two - it can be difficult to make sense of what he says at times) between himself and an Overwatch operative. He claims that he was attacked by an Overwatch operative after being found with adapted Nomad weaponry aboard his ship - despite Overwatch being well aware and apparently permitting of his possession of these weapons. Further, he explained that he encountered another Overwatch operative (or the same - again, hard to discern) in the unknown system beyond the alien jump gate in the Kansas system. What either he or the operative were doing there is anyone's guess, but the Overwatch operative's ship appeared to be in bad shape and the agent had to be rescued by Mister Abrams.

Has there been a change in the Overwatch's stance towards Mister Abrams that would warrant hostilities towards the man or was this merely a case of an unbriefed operative performing standard procedure? Why are lone agents operating beyond alien jump gates?

Relevant comm logs of my discussion with Mister Abrams are attached below.

Hawkins, out.

Attachments:
Attachment 1 - Partial scan of advanced Sentinel warform.
Attachment 2 - Discussion with Ridge concerning advanced Sentinel warforms.
Attachment 3 - Discussion with Ridge about assault by Overwatch operative.
Attachment 4 - Discussion with Ridge about encounter in unknown system beyond Kansas.

RE: » Order Overwatch HC - Vitoniz30 - 10-18-2021

⧫ Akabat
⧫ Omicron Mu

Ridge and 'Sentinels'

Good day, Hawkins, let me briefly reply to your message before I depart.

1. Trinary anomaly in Kepler is quite concerning to us, especially after numerous reports of sudden Nomads appearance nearby. However, our patrols haven't seen any of them there. Though, we cannot ignore distress messages coming from K1. Stay advised and do not put your crew at high risks without necessity. And it leads to the next point.

2. The unique nomad form you called Entity is something we do not encounter frequently, but I am sure our forces and myself have faced this one along with advanced nomad warforms as you showed me in attachments. And one of them was an extremely tough one to defeat, agreed, but you and Ridge either overestimate them or your crew wasn't really prepared for such a warm meeting. Since Sentinels are our primary target, we are studying new methods to eradicate them effectively and one day The Order can finally get prepared for a massive Nomad attack if they are brave enough to break through our lines.

3. Vincent Abrams have violated one of fundamental Overwatch Protectorate paragraphs:
Quote:3.2 Any ship equipped or carrying technology manufactured by Core (ex: Manta fighter, Buckshot particle cannon) or derived from Nomad (ex: hybrid weaponry, cloaking device) will be considered targets of opportunity to destroy by The Order personnel. Worth noting, capital vessels are universally accepted, provided owner remains in approved zone for the time being.

It shouldn't be a surprise to expect Order operatives to try to demand volatile hybrid or black market adapted weaponry from the person who is not supposed to own this technology. Should I remind you of his close connections to Nomads and the kinds of risks associated with him? Should I tell you of him who trespassed into quarantined zone? And you surprised to see The Order on duty? Vincent Abrams is an exclusion of the rule for now, but I cannot guarantee complete protection for him and I am sure rest of High Command would vote for his execution on sight.

With regards,

Task Force "Black Arrow", 2nd Battlegroup, 13:34, 18.10.828

⧫ Attachments:

RE: » Order Overwatch HC - Toaster - 10-18-2021

Section 8

Storgen,

If there is one thing I have learned over the past three decades of fighting the alien threat, then it is that there is no such thing as 'overestimating' the Nomads. Indeed, the Nightfall was not prepared for an encounter with these Sentinels and she most certainly was not equipped for it. We will redouble our vigilance now that we know of this new threat. Section 8 will, however, continue its investigation of the Kepler anomalies, including K1*. It is now clear that it is the center of Nomad attention within the system. Finding out the reason behind this is our primary concern.

As for Mister Abrams, you were well aware of the kind of equipment he has mounted on his personal ships and were also aware of his importance to the situation around Kepler and greater Liberty. Not briefing your operatives about his value to the Order was foolish and could have resulted in his premature death, which would rob us of our only link to whatever it is that is going on in Kepler. The value of the information he provides far outweighs any threat he as an individual may pose. Further, he is willing to have himself scanned for Nomad infection. Section 8 will do what it can to ensure that he remains free of infestation.

The Overwatch overzealously enforcing its regulations may result in catastrophe.

Hawkins, out.

RE: » Order Overwatch HC - Toaster - 11-21-2021

Section 8

Sender ID: Hawkins

Storgen,

I just received word from one of our operatives in Galileo. I would like to reassure you that Section 8 is doing what it can to investigate and contain the Kepler situation and will keep Overwatch command up-to-date with relevant information. Direct Overwatch involvement in the form of large scale deployment into the region is not necessary and may only serve to complicate an already delicate situation.

As a show of good faith, I will have a briefing containing our intelligence on the "Sentinels" compiled and sent your way in the coming days. Section 8 is undergoing a restructuring of its operations, so a delay must be excused.

Hawkins, out.