Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland - Liberty War... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Rheinland - Liberty War... (/showthread.php?tid=19015)

Pages: 1 2

Rheinland - Liberty War... - David Petraeus - 04-08-2009

I remember seeing in Single-player then intense and large build up of Rheinland Military Capital-Ships near all their bases in Singleplayer...

And even when Schultzky was attacked the Navy dispatched a Dreadnought to every Jump-Gate...

I was wondering if we could see a similar thing with both sides? I mean fair-play and all going into consideration so theres not a Cruiser Flotilla waiting to gank whatever comes through the gate... But a few Gunboats/Cruisers and a Battleship in couple places...

What do you guys think?

Rheinland - Liberty War... - Donutman - 04-11-2009

A few unmovable, nondockable dreads and LABCs (not Cruiser, the gun would be useless if its stationary)
A Dread by Planets and Super-Important-Places, and an LABC or RH cruiser at every other TL junction.

Sounds win to me.

Rheinland - Liberty War... - Ridisk - 04-11-2009

don't forget, with NPC's red is dead to them....this wouldn't work well...cause for example most junkers/guard would get destroyed at many of these places as well

Rheinland - Liberty War... - Cellulanus - 04-11-2009

' Wrote:don't forget, with NPC's red is dead to them....this wouldn't work well...cause for example most junkers/guard would get destroyed at many of these places as well

Errr.... what?

Rheinland - Liberty War... - Rashnok - 04-11-2009

I think he's trying to say that putting battleships everywhere would greatly restrict the movement of unlawfuls as well within the systems in question. The intention is to make it look like the military is mobilizing, not carrying out a massive crackdown on petty thievery.

Rheinland - Liberty War... - Cellulanus - 04-11-2009

' Wrote:I think he's trying to say that putting battleships everywhere would greatly restrict the movement of unlawfuls as well within the systems in question. The intention is to make it look like the military is mobilizing, not carrying out a massive crackdown on petty thievery.

How will this do that any more than the cap patrols do?

Rheinland - Liberty War... - kingvaillant - 04-11-2009

I think it possible to make those ships go "offline" by shooting at them... Much like if you were shooting a weapon platform. However, I would need to investigate files abit for this. But I'm quite certain that it is doable

Rheinland - Liberty War... - Rashnok - 04-11-2009

' Wrote:I think it possible to make those ships go "offline" by shooting at them... Much like if you were shooting a weapon platform. However, I would need to investigate files abit for this. But I'm quite certain that it is doable

It is definitely possible to do that. It's exactly the same as a weapons platform, just this platform happens to be a full-sized ship. It is an idea, albeit possibly a tad awkward to see a few large dreadnoughts just sitting there smoking.

Rheinland - Liberty War... - Linkero - 04-11-2009

well.....solution!

have the battleships/etc. only hostile to the opposing faction, like......in liberty, they are only hostile to rheinland military and nothing else, and.....which im sure is possible.....dont have them attack like bases. Example: a player shoots newark, and it goes hostile to them. Next thing they know, they are getting shot from everywhere due to it. How bout make the bs's/etc not act like that. I think it would work tbh. I will load up my second install and play arouund with it to see if it would work how im describing....that is if ya'll know what i mean by it:blink:

Rheinland - Liberty War... - Rudo - 04-11-2009

' Wrote:don't forget, with NPC's red is dead to them....this wouldn't work well...cause for example most junkers/guard would get destroyed at many of these places as well

I have a Junker and military NPCs don't shoot me. Your IFF doesn't show up to NPCs, they go by your own repsheet. In theory you could have a Xeno Guard IFFed ship go on a nice tour through Ellesmere and dock on every station without getting shot at once.

People who have militaries/police set to red would lose all access to gates, though.