Discovery Gaming Community
Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? (/showthread.php?tid=19052)

Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - GhostMouse - 04-09-2009

I know 4.85 eliminates the possibility for playing the campaign, but I am trying to get through SP on 4.84 before i update because i want to challenge myself after beating the game vanilla years ago. Was wondering if anyone had made a walkthrough for the game with the mod on because certain missions are much much tougher now.
I am currently in mission 9, attacking the Arch-Asteroid thing, and its proving to be a headache.

Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - Hawkwings - 04-09-2009

I finished the campaign in 4.84. That mission is a definite killer. The way I beat it was to hug the base as close as I could, keeping out of sight of the battleships and destroyers. Then shoot up the shield generators and dock as quickly as possible. Barring that, you'll need to fly a bomber if you want to kill the capships.

Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - Dab - 04-09-2009

If you want a bit of difficulty but less than 4.84, use Vanilla, then go to My Document/My Games/Freelancer/Perfoptions.ini and change DIFFICULTY_SCALE from 1.00 to 2.00. If thats not hard enough do 4.84 with difficulty scale of 0.75 until you can get through the entire thing. Then adjust it back to 1.00.

Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - darthbeck - 04-10-2009

i will pay you 1 million credits if you can get thrugh 4.84 with the difficulty set to 2.00

Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - JakeSG - 04-10-2009

Only one? Make it fifty and I'll do it.

*Loads up Ioncross.*

Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - Guest - 04-15-2009

' Wrote:Only one? Make it fifty and I'll do it.

*Loads up Ioncross.*

I dare you. Make a youtube series of it, and I give you 100 million.

/signed.

Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - GhostMouse - 04-16-2009

' Wrote:I dare you. Make a youtube series of it, and I give you 100 million.

/signed.
seeing as how the bunducsh mission requires you to go up against an entire fleet of capital ships with a fighter, and the fact that you cant just hide on the outskirts and shoot torps (which are limited anyhow) this mission i consider to be an absolute impossibility even when equipped with the absolute best fighter you can manage (of course adhering to the strict ship selection based on your level.
I did manage to beat the kusari arch mission after an embarrasing 20 or so tries, but it was pretty much the most frustration ive had with a game, short of starlancer's stupid final mission.
Freelancer on Disco just IS NOT POSSIBLE to beat on 2.00 difficulty, and I'd challenge anyone's claim that they can beat it in less that 100 deaths at regular 1.00.

I hate "cheating" but i did drop the difficulty down to beat the last few missions. Was so glad it was over.

Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - Orin - 04-16-2009

Beat 4.82 on SP years ago. Rheinland Fleet mission ftw.

Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - Hawkwings - 04-16-2009

Yeah, I used IONCROSS and gave myself a better ship for the last few missions. I think it was a Wraith though, not a bomber.

Anyone with a SP walkthrough for Disco? - ProfGiggles - 04-16-2009

Yeah I know a little bug. In one of the blood dragon systems (probably guard) you can buy the blood dragon very heavy fighter without being level 32! it still cost a lot of creds so if you have no money look for an other solution. But that did the trick for me. Rest of the campaign was piece a' cake.