Discovery Gaming Community
Something I saw done with thrusters - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Something I saw done with thrusters (/showthread.php?tid=19068)

Pages: 1 2

Something I saw done with thrusters - AceofSpades - 04-10-2009

Hey I saw this on another mod and thought it was unique, would be kind of neat here. There were two lines of thrusters:

The Regular, which kept the same stats as ours, and then one that kept thruster drain at the original 200, but gave higher speeds. The best giving you a boost of 250m/s at 200 drain.

Thought it might be neat to have 2 lines of thought on thrust, maybe some would prefer the speed advantage (and the extra help catching traders who run)

Something I saw done with thrusters - tansytansey - 04-10-2009

Thruster drain means nothing when you can engine kill and keep even a 200 drain thruster at 90-100%.

If you enjoy that mod so much, go play it.

Something I saw done with thrusters - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 04-10-2009

Would be cool if there was different type of thrusters, one line of thrusters could be similar to what they are now, regular drain, regular speed. There could also be a new type with fast drain, and slightly faster speed such as 25m/s or less more than what they are now, adding a slight advantage.

Something I saw done with thrusters - darthbeck - 04-10-2009

just : [color=#FF0000][font=Impact] NO!

Something I saw done with thrusters - Asgardian - 04-10-2009

' Wrote:just : [color=#FF0000][font=Impact] NO!
Yeesh. Care to explain why you don't like the idea?

I think it would be an interesting idea to implement. The thrusters would be good for bombers and such catching up to smugglers, like you said.

Something I saw done with thrusters - Guest - 04-10-2009

Like nighthawk said, thruster drain means nothing when you can EKill.

To fix: A light fighter class thats about half as offensively powerful as their original light fighter versions could be made into an Interceptor class ship.

To make it so EKill wont work to keep the high thruster speed, an Interceptor class light fighter could have increased friction amounts making it lose speed a lot faster than normal in an EKill.

Something I saw done with thrusters - Shaka - 04-10-2009

' Wrote:Like nighthawk said, thruster drain means nothing when you can EKill.

To fix: A light fighter class thats about half as offensively powerful as their original light fighter versions could be made into an Interceptor class ship.

To make it so EKill wont work to keep the high thruster speed, an Interceptor class light fighter could have increased friction amounts making it lose speed a lot faster than normal in an EKill.

I could see that working. Maybe if the Arrow had 300 thrust speed, somebody would actually use it. Although, even if friction was still pretty normal, that'd be fine, considering the reduced offensive capacity.

An interceptor and a bomber could work together.
-give the interceptor a CD and have it shut down any fleeing traders
-the bomber/VHF catches up and mops the trader up.

Something I saw done with thrusters - JakeSG - 04-10-2009

' Wrote:If you enjoy that mod so much, go play it.
Psht. And you call me a troll.

I don't think it's really worth balancing the concept, too many issues would arise.

Something I saw done with thrusters - Niezck - 04-10-2009

I'd go with Raisu's idea, personally.

Something I saw done with thrusters - Linkus - 04-10-2009

It's a good idea in theory but balancing could cause issues.
Would really need someone who did the 4.85 balancing to comment.