Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Player Banned and Fined - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Admin Notice: Player Banned and Fined (/showthread.php?tid=19086)

Pages: 1 2

Admin Notice: Player Banned and Fined - Reverend Del - 04-10-2009

BAF|Lt.Cdr.Roger.Ring has been sanctioned owing to a report posted on the 09/03/2009 for:

Quote:3.1 Using coarse language, posting abusive, hateful, racist content in chat, public or private, is prohibited under any circumstances.

Consequences: Fined all credits and guns, banned for seven days. Notifications in hold

Notes: We've allowed the use of the word "Slants" as a acceptable slur to slide for some time, but you took it too far. Adding the word "prick" makes this an insult too far. You'll be spending 7 days off the server.

QCP take note, we'll not be letting this slide any further, find another word to spread your disdain. You've pushed this one too far. Privileges will be revoked if it continues.

Admin Link to Report

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

Admin Notice: Player Banned and Fined - gezza999 - 04-10-2009

I've sent the links to all of the factions I'm in. They can decide on what course of action to follow.

I'd say there're other motives than just "being offended" in this case but I seriously doubt anyone'll give a toss so sod it.

Admin Notice: Player Banned and Fined - bluntpencil2001 - 04-10-2009

Good skills, Gezza, good skills.

How many credits did you lose? I'll see about sorting you out, on principle.

Admin Notice: Player Banned and Fined - Reverend Del - 04-10-2009

Actually Blunt, I've had just about enough of this attitude from the privateers. You are NOT above the rules. If we see the word slant or slanty used to describe another Kusari character you'll be taking a damn big vaction. It;'s gotten out of hand and seems a damn sight more personal than in character. pack it in or we'll make you pack it in.

' Wrote:Actually Blunt, I've had just about enough of this attitude from the privateers. You are NOT above the rules. If we see the word slant or slanty used to describe another Kusari character you'll be taking a damn big vaction. It;'s gotten out of hand and seems a damn sight more personal than in character. pack it in or we'll make you pack it in.
Tell them to quit saying gaijin, then. I'm horribly offended, as a European white person.

"Hello, my Oriental chum, how are you?"

"I'm great, honourable Westerner. Care for a duel to the death?"

"Of course, my good man, pistols at dawn okay for you?"

"How sporting!"

Or you know, let people roleplay their characters. You're allowed to play mass murdering psychopaths, but aren't allowed to show disrespect to your foes. Right.

Admin Notice: Player Banned and Fined - Blodo - 04-10-2009

So Kusari is allowed to use "gaijin" then? Nice one Del. This is an obvious attack against the players for personal reasons, sorry if I will not humour anybody on this one.

I'm offended by the mass murder of civilians by terrorists, you know, since atrocities like this happen in real life.

Oh wait, people are rude to other nations in real life too.

We're playing roles, here.

Admin Notice: Player Banned and Fined - Blodo - 04-10-2009

If we are getting sanctioned for roleplay now, feel free. Ban me, in fact ban half the server. This is now sanctionlancer I suppose, so lets get on with it!

Will I get sanctioned for insulting white people by saying 'gringo' as my Hispanic character?

Admin Notice: Player Banned and Fined - Andrew_Bonesovich - 04-10-2009

Seriously, this doesnt make sense at all. Ive seen more serious insults before, both from BAF or KNF side, or Corsairs X BAF, and many other factions which are at war with each other, and no-one reported anyone, its in-RP to insult your enemy in some way or not? Do you think soldiers in war are polite to each other? (as shown above in Blunt's post, it wouldnt make sense)

"Slant" or "prick" or whatever else is used daily in confrontations with Kusarians, but this is the first time Ive seen someone sanctioned for that.

If someone -wants- to be offended by one of these words, he always finds a reason why to be offended, just because of personal reasons.

If slant is now sanctionable, "gaijin" should be treated in the same way, imo.