Discovery Gaming Community
The Corsair Council - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Corsair Council (/showthread.php?tid=19128)

The Corsair Council - blubba - 04-11-2009

Well this is a fine to-do.

I was recently engaged by a Corsair Gunboat, El Gato Negro.
Sadly I was on my way to Battleship Fes at the time with a protected cargo (section 3), which I pointed out to our friend.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=22845&hl=

[Image: screen220.jpg]

He however was not in the listening mood.

[Image: screen219.jpg]

Sadly, I had to eject with my crew. My ship, destroyed.
I reported this infraction to two Corsairs who said they would act to remedy the situation.

Blubba - out.

The Corsair Council - blubba - 04-11-2009

It appears that the situation has already been dealt with to my relief.
Repartions are settled and I will continue as usual.
Thanks for your continued support

Blubba - Out

The Corsair Council - El Caminante - 05-15-2009

From: El Caminante, Corsair with Freelancer ID, somewhere between the stars.

Got a disturbing message from son of Gentle:

Quote:OPG diplomatics are the business of ME. If we feel we dont like freelancers then i dont give a rat what your cargo is your getting taxed.

So i want to ask, whether this is the consensus of the entire Council or not? If it is, please place a disclaimer in your Proclamation, to avoid any misunderstandings.

El Caminante

The Corsair Council - globalplayer-svk - 05-15-2009

El Caminante. Corsairs can trust only corsair. Freelancers are not welcomed in gamma. and that is well know across sirius for a long long time.

Globalo

The Corsair Council - El Caminante - 05-15-2009

Then please put a disclaimer in the proclamation which states, that this proclamation does not affect bearer of Freelancer ID's. Simply to avoid misunderstandings, not only for me. Is this too much of a request?

El Caminante

The Corsair Council - Jose Benitez - 05-16-2009

Senor Caminante,

Since you have claimed to be a true Corsair you are speaking of things that you should already know.

Sadly it appears you do not.

Senor Blubba is not a Corsair. However, he has been trading with the Corsair nation for a considerable period of time, and while we value the goods that he brings to us, we would not permit him to land on any of our installations without permission to do so.

He has always been very co-operative in seeking both this permission and submitting himself to our rules. Something that you seem less able to do if your unannounced and uninvited trip to O91 is anything to go by.

Brotherhood Elder Globalo has stated the truth. Freelancers are not welcome in Gamma, and will not easily be made welcome in Gamma. Any Freelancer turning up in Gamma should expect to be given a hard time and questioned closely as to their reasons for being there. It is likely that their every move will be monitored and scrutinised.

Since you claim to have grown up on Crete, I fail to understand why you do not already realise this? Did you adopted parents neglect tell you that you should never speak to any Freelancers as they may be spies and enemies of the Corsair Nation?

Perhaps they did not. If you will furnish me with their names I think I might well ask someone to ask them why they missed out such a vital part of your education.....

The Corsair Council - El Caminante - 05-16-2009

OOC: I did not want to open an extra thread about a matter concerning the Proclamation, so i took this one to continue.

IC: Senor Jose. I truly understand what you are going to say. Matter is, the proclamation does not cite to Corsair or Noncorsair specificly (exception are corsair enemies ofcourse, which Freelancer ID bearer are not). The Proclamation simply says, all ships providing vital goods for Corsair installations must not be harmed and given safe passage.
Now Senor Sparta lifts the Proclamation as he like and points to my Freelancer ID. For me, who is reading the Proclamation and do trust the word of Corsair Council, Spartas announcment sounds like arbitrariness. Now i want to help, requesting a disclaimer, so Spartas announcment doesn't sound like arbitrariness, because it would throw a shadow of the Councils honour. Why am i doing this? Why do i want to help, after getting so much hostility towards me? Because i'm Corsair.

El Caminante

The Corsair Council - Chico - 05-16-2009

I can't speak for the TBH, nor the OPG. I also wasn't there when this encounter took place but I will tell you now that the proclaimation is no guarantee of your safety as is plainly obvious by the initial post. I suggest you take heed of that.

Secondly, each infraction should normally be looked upon by the council on an individual basis.
Thirdly, the Councils position is currently 'under review'.
...And fourthly, you admit you were found in a Guard system which it appears you did not have permission, (reading Elder Globalo's statement) to be in. I am surprised you have not been declared KoS, lucky you.
I would take advantage of that fact and keep a low profile because you never know Senor, the TBH can be a powerful adversary....

The Corsair Council - El Caminante - 05-16-2009

Proclamation:

Quote:2: The importation of food products.

Be it known that all vessels carrying food to Omicron Gamma will be given safe passage by all Corsair vessels. Vessels carrying said commodity are welcome and encouraged. Should any Corsair vessel breach this order it is advised that suitable evidence be provided to the Council to be dealt with further.

3: The council wishes to add the following commodities, should they be being transmitted TO a Corsair base will also be Granted passage:

Light Arms, Construction Machinery, Engine Components, Ship Hull panels, optronics, H-Fuel, Deuterium, MOX, Pharmaceuticals, Synthetic Marijuana, Polymers, Fertilizers, Neon and Counterfeit Software.

Chico Benitez:

Quote:I can't speak for the TBH, nor the OPG. I also wasn't there when this encounter took place but I will tell you now that the proclaimation is no guarantee of your safety as is plainly obvious by the initial post. I suggest you take heed of that.

Do i see a contradiction here?

Chico Benitez:

Quote:Secondly, each infraction should normally be looked upon by the council on an individual basis.

Was looking for in the entire proclamation. Did not found any statement about this.

Chico Benitez:

Quote:Thirdly, the Councils position is currently 'under review'.

What does it mean? proclamation suspended as long as the position is under review or still active?

Chico Benitez:

Quote:...And fourthly, you admit you were found in a Guard system which it appears you did not have permission, (reading Elder Globalo's statement) to be in. I am surprised you have not been declared KoS, lucky you.
I would take advantage of that fact and keep a low profile because you never know Senor, the TBH can be a powerful adversary....

This far beyond the scope of the proclamation matter.

El Caminante

The Corsair Council - Chico - 05-16-2009

A ) No. Read it again.

B ) "Should any Corsair vessel breach this order it is advised that suitable evidence be provided to the Council to be dealt with further".

C ) It means whats left of the council is looking at this proclaimation.

D ) O-91 is not considered 'Corsair' space. It is unique. It is TBH space. TBH law applies there and is absolute. If they see fit to allow anything, it's solely at their discretion.

I hope this helps you Senor.