Discovery Gaming Community
IOC feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: IOC feedback (/showthread.php?tid=192243)

Pages: 1 2 3

IOC feedback - Imperium Omicronis Classis - 04-24-2022

I'll do BB-codes here later

but feel free to write here smth

RE: IOC feedback - Toaster - 05-07-2022

Alright, this is directed at Veracruz, IOC, and whatever other factions you people are playing at this point.

Please, please, please stop playing like this is an e-sports tournament. Because - just in case you people weren't made aware of this already - it isn't. You don't need to win. You don't need to stack the odds so high in your favor that the enemy stands no chance not only of winning but of having fun.

I get that many of your players aren't the most skilled PvPers. Neither are all of your opponents. So when there's an even fight, consider just leaving it be and letting it play out, instead of dumping more and more of your people into it until your opponent might as well just F1 in space for all the good continuing the fight will do them.

Yes, right now I am annoyed at what just happened in Mu (i.e. dumping two(?) bombers and a destroyer into a fighter duel). However, this isn't the first time I've been annoyed at you people. In fact, I can't think of a single encounter that hasn't left me in a state of annoyance. This is a very clear pattern with your faction(s) and I'm not the only one who's noticed it.

Please reconsider your playstyle.

Edit:
(05-07-2022, 04:12 PM)Imperium Omicronis Classis Wrote: Kudos to |S8 and Order| who came to Mu defence.

The numbers were not on your side this time, but I'm sure it's fixable, especially in your faction.

As for this. The fix isn't Order| praying to God for a sudden influx of players joining their faction, it's you recognizing when you have your opponent outgunned and outnumbered and playing accordingly in order to keep things enjoyable.

RE: IOC feedback - Imperium Omicronis Classis - 05-07-2022

You are not the only one who has noticed this.
There are only a few of you.

The rest didn't say anything. Cybersports are only seen by those who think in terms of fair play or balanced combat. The real battle is what you have here and now.

It's not some kind of rudeness, it's just dry facts. The Order can answer us with the same coin. And I'm sure they'll be full of desire to do it next time (because why not?) And I will only be glad to meet their armada at the gate to Omicron Rho.

RE: IOC feedback - Kauket - 05-07-2022

(05-07-2022, 04:25 PM)Imperium Omicronis Classis Wrote: The Order can answer us with the same coin.

no they cant because half of their members are in a literal war, or otherwise got sucked into irl stuff

not everyone has an army to summon at a moments whim

Then it's time to help them. Create Order-chars and help them fighting us. Or just let Order call for DTR help. There's a lot of ways to solve the problem besides feedback thread. It's up to you, not me.

I understand the fact that there is real life. But so far nothing bad has happened.

The Order has choice: not defend their planet and just quit the game. But they started fight, and that is already worthy of respect.

RE: IOC feedback - Omicron - 05-07-2022

Wow I haven't said a word yet to you since accepting your friend invite on discord and I already regret time spent on moving my mouse over the "accept" button. Good bye.

(05-07-2022, 04:45 PM)Omicron Wrote: Wow I haven't said a word yet to you since accepting your friend invite on discord and I already regret time spent on moving my mouse over the "accept" button. Good bye.

I didn't say or do anything wrong either, damn it!

I haven't said one word yet about my opponents, not in any of my fights, but I've had the privilege of getting a lot of shit back just for the fact that my men are a few more men (1 in this fight) than yours. People ask for respect for me, but people don't show it to me. This is the height of hypocrisy!

I expressed my understanding of why the Order has so little activity. Heck, I have friends on the other side of the foxhole too! One of them affected my life, and now I fear for his own. Those who were once my friends may now hate me simply because of where I live. Why should I understand everyone, but no one understands me?

Telling us to quit the game is rich. Starting new faction that embodies everything that is wrong with Core as a NPC faction (the empire and mongering after few Order we can get up in these "trying times") is very "extra".

I do not see necessity to ruin my day any further by leaving line of communication open on my side, I already had stressful week. Maybe Cael or Solandros are willing to talk, but it's up to them. Order|'s principle is freedom to do as you want so long it fits the lore, including doing nothing.

Keep in mind, I am going to treat you in mind like you treat any Order| faction member, and won't mind people with your altitude leaving game either.

(05-07-2022, 04:57 PM)Omicron Wrote: Telling us to quit the game is rich. Starting new faction that embodies everything that is wrong with Core as a NPC faction (the empire and mongering after few Order we can get up in these "trying times") is very "extra".

I do not see necessity to ruin my day any further by leaving line of communication open on my side, I already had stressful week. Maybe Cael or Solandros are willing to talk, but it's up to them. Order|'s principle is freedom to do as you want so long it fits the lore, including doing nothing.

Keep in mind, I am going to treat you in mind like you treat any Order| faction member, and won't mind people with your altitude leaving game either.

I didn't tell you to get out of the game. I was saying that you have a choice. Just the very choice and the freedom you give your people. You chose the fight - you got it. You could have not chosen a battle and quit the game. What's wrong?

I'm being polite to the Order| and I want an interesting existence between our factions, not another drama built out of nothing, out of one battle.

You had only one first impression. You can still change my mind but for that you would need to fix yourself first. Think before posting. You and I already made a choice. Whose one will be the poor one we will find out in the future.

After I didn't play CS:GO for a year and stopped logging into War Thunder every day, I realized I don't need to play anything - Freelancer included - like its competitive shooter. You should do the same.