Discovery Gaming Community
WHY WAS MY STORY DELETED. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Community Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=627)
+--- Thread: WHY WAS MY STORY DELETED. (/showthread.php?tid=192246)

WHY WAS MY STORY DELETED. - DELETED - 04-24-2022

I know that not all Storys are allowed on this Forum and have Experienced the Deletion of a Character Before, but at least the GMs have talked to me BEFORE THEY DELETED IT. Now I made a Funny and Crazy Character Background about a Woman that Believes she is a Cat. I have not Broken any Server Rules that I know of and I DEMAND that you tell me why the F*** you have Deleted my Work instantly. I am a Long Time Member of this Community and I am really surprised how a Possible "NEW" player is treated here. All I want is some Answers so that I maybe can Adjust my Char if I have an Unknowingly Broken Server Rule. But to just Delete a Persons Work without a Word is not ok.

RE: WHY WAS MY STORY DELETED. - Goliath - 04-24-2022

Hello. I believe that the answer you are seeking for is tied to this very specific rule.

2.5 - Characters that are ponies, furries, or direct imports (characters taken from other franchises) are not allowed.

There is a very, very thick line between making a character with various questionable aspects of Roleplay that can be sorted out, and a direct violation of the rules in which the character's limbs are chopped off and replaced with cat-like variants, as well as cat ears. Thus, it is in direct violation of a rule.

I am sure you are a creative person, however Discovery Freelancer (as much as it is a game that is all about space ships, highly advanced technologies etc.) is definitely not the place for a cyber cat-woman hybrid.

I hope that answers your original question.

RE: WHY WAS MY STORY DELETED. - DELETED - 04-24-2022

(04-24-2022, 03:31 PM)Goliath Wrote: Hello. I believe that the answer you are seeking for is tied to this very specific rule.

2.5 - Characters that are ponies, furries, or direct imports (characters taken from other franchises) are not allowed.

There is a very, very thick line between making a character with various questionable aspects of Roleplay that can be sorted out, and a direct violation of the rules in which the character's limbs are chopped off and replaced with cat-like variants, as well as cat ears. Thus, it is in direct violation of a rule.

I am sure you are a creative person, however Discovery Freelancer (as much as it is a game that is all about space ships, highly advanced technologies etc.) is definitely not the place for a cyber cat-woman hybrid.

I hope that answers your original question.

YEA so is my Char a Furry? NO. is she a Pony? NO. Is she an Import? NO. what I made was a Crazy Cyborg that thinks she is a Cat. That haves nothing to do with being a Furry. if you had read the STORY what I believe you have not then you would have noticed that. And if you have Problems with Wierd Shaped Cybernetics then you should Sanction the Whole AUXO. If this one sentance is the Only one that is Wrong then Give back my Post and i change it. A SIMPLE DM could have Prevented all this Stupid DRAMA

(04-24-2022, 03:34 PM)The CaT Wrote: YEA so is my Char a Furry? NO.

Yes. It is.

RE: WHY WAS MY STORY DELETED. - DELETED - 04-24-2022

(04-24-2022, 03:38 PM)Goliath Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 03:34 PM)The CaT Wrote: YEA so is my Char a Furry? NO.

Yes. It is.

She is not but if you want to see it like this then fine Forget that i wanted to Bring something Funny to this Universe. I would still like to REWRITE her so give me Acces to my Story Please so i dont have to make the Whole Work again. if its only her body that bothers you then her body will be as human as a human can be.

RE: WHY WAS MY STORY DELETED. - Kauket - 04-24-2022

(04-24-2022, 03:34 PM)The CaT Wrote: And if you have Problems with Wierd Shaped Cybernetics then you should Sanction the Whole AUXO.

For clarification, I completely condemn any instance of people using non-humanoids, barring sensical robotics (eg, 4 legged maintenance 'spider' drones. minimalistic stuff.)

If you believe anyone is attempting to roleplay as a furry or any derivative of a furry topic, please report them to me immediately. They do not belong in the faction. I have zero tolerance for such things.

Thinly veiled fetishes have no place in the faction, if anyone is trying to lodge things in as you claim, they can be sent off to furaffinity.

Otherwise, kindly, please do not slander our faction without substantial backing. Thank you.

RE: WHY WAS MY STORY DELETED. - Xenon - 04-24-2022

(04-24-2022, 03:19 PM)The CaT Wrote: I know that not all Storys are allowed on this Forum and have Experienced the Deletion of a Character Before, but at least the GMs have talked to me BEFORE THEY DELETED IT. Now I made a Funny and Crazy Character Background about a Woman that Believes she is a Cat. I have not Broken any Server Rules that I know of and I DEMAND that you tell me why the F*** you have Deleted my Work instantly. I am a Long Time Member of this Community and I am really surprised how a Possible "NEW" player is treated here. All I want is some Answers so that I maybe can Adjust my Char if I have an Unknowingly Broken Server Rule. But to just Delete a Persons Work without a Word is not ok.

Chill dude, just forms a char from the game and is related to the game without being close to furries and ponies, etc...
Take it easy, You said that you got a character deleted before, so please reconsider your style. The most important is to chill Smile
Have a nice time on discovery.

RE: WHY WAS MY STORY DELETED. - Backo - 04-24-2022

I believe there was a precedent for the "it is not a furry, it is just a cybernetic made to look like an animal" that was years ago about a few weeks/months after the initial furry ban. A furry player decided to try and get around the rule by making a cybernetic lion-like character that was of course a super soldier project and the admemes back then decided to purge it as well, because it was obvious an attempt to circumvent the rule. I believe there was also an attempt at a schizophrenics character in a bird suit thinking he's an actual bird and doing "caw caw" noises that also got sanctioned for furry rule circumvention or trolling, I can't remember which at this point.

You could probably PM a moderator, or admeme or a dev with big forum access to PM you the content of your story. Generally threads get invisible'd rather than deleted so it is very likely your content is recoverable.

I believe this thread has outlived its usefulness. The issue has now been solved.