Discovery Gaming Community
[Official Event] The Last Hurrah - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Official Event] The Last Hurrah (/showthread.php?tid=192327)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Official Event] The Last Hurrah - Skorak - 04-29-2022

The Last Hurrah
Vespucci
Story Event

OVERVIEW

The Triton remains in orbit of Veracruz, a symbol of defiance against the Delaware and its rapidly advancing strike element. The distraught population bound to the planet and struggling to avail evacuation are continually issued token consolation by the only surviving officer capable of issuing commands in the Insurgency.

What remains of the Insurgency's Navy are outnumbered two to one and are out of their weight class, an Interdictor staring down a state of the art Mitchell. Tactical projections are grim, chances of victory are either slim or next to none, but the Triton is supported by a ragtag remainder of pilots and officers who know what they are getting into. They won't question the orders they are issued and aren't willing to retreat either.

Admiral Brandt feels this is the last brushstroke in a portrait of historic success and has given the order to fully assault the remaining force, with no regard given for showing the survivors mercy or a chance to escape. Years of conflict has boiled down to this, the final major confrontation between forces that have fought bitterly for what feels like lifetimes.

Event Duration:

May 1st(after scheduled restart) to the end of the Insurgency - Specific events throughout

Rule Changes:

Liberty Navy:

• 5,000,000cr bounties for LSF and Liberty Navy against Insurgency in Kansas and Vespucci
  • LPI, LSF and Liberty Navy can demand refugees from any ship within their ZOI.

Insurgency:

• 5,000,000cr bounties for Insurgency against LSF and Liberty Navy in Kansas and Vespucci
  • Can treat ships carrying refugees as allies.

Combat event May 1st, 18:00 UTC:

• Respawn timer removed for Insurgency, Liberty Navy and LSF until 19:00 UTC
  • The faction TAG with the highest kill count will get a UAU X or CAU X for the duration of the Insurgency campaign to be used on a ship of that faction TAG only.
  • The faction to defeat the enemy flagship first gets the cash bonus increased by 1,000,000credits per kill for the duration of the campaign.

NOTES

This event is intended to spur activity in the region and for the associated factions. Your actions will have consequences.

Write-Up by @Reeves.

RE: [Official Event] The Last Hurrah - sane - 04-29-2022

(04-29-2022, 08:22 PM)Skorak Wrote:
Event Duration:

May 1st(after scheduled restart) to the end of the Insurgency - Specific events throughout

thats... vague, to say the least

RE: [Official Event] The Last Hurrah - Skorak - 04-29-2022

Yes. Because the date is actually not 100% set.

RE: [Official Event] The Last Hurrah - Battlegroup Veracruz - 04-29-2022

Incoming Transmission
[Image: ndKvA3D.png]
[Image: 7tD9DJh.png]

ID: Veracruz-creator
Recipient: Discovery community
Subject: Insurgency

Loading Message
[Image: bcH8bL7.png]
These are the last days of Insurgency...

Or no?

Gentlemen, our faction was created two months ago. It took about 60 days to make any impression on the Discovery community, from positive, to negative. We've made friends, "fans," and even enemies who couldn't agree with our opinions or be neutral to it. I can't list the events that have been going on all this time. Father of our people is faction leader, mother is the battle that accompanies them every day.

From war to war. From meat grinder to meat grinder. We logging some ships to go play and after win/lose - logging another faction for another PvP. We didn't stop after defeats and kept going. And today's battle in New York made us realize that we were getting our result: Fort Bush was the main stronghold of the fleet, and without it our enemies would hardly have won.

This is no stone unturned in Liberty's favor. It is just proof that our efforts were not in vain. Which means that all along we had the sense to fight. No matter what anyone thinks about the removal of Insurgency-the meaning remains as long as there are those who appreciate what many past generations of players have built.

So be strong, Insurgency players: this faction has only weeks, maybe days, to live. When people ask us what we Insurgency players did, we say, "We didn't give up! We fought to the very end! We didn't go quietly! We did what we thought was right!" Today we fight. For what many people have held dear over the years. Decades.

Triton refused to retreat. Then we won't back down either. The hearts of it's crew beats for us. For all of us! It's not over yet!

Insurgents, I call you to battle! Let's stand shoulder to shoulder for the last time!

Sincerely,

Veracruz-creator
[Image: hyZyC81.png]
Transmission Ends

RE: [Official Event] The Last Hurrah - Kalhmera - 04-30-2022

I'm sad to see this faction go, I had a lot of fun fights and good times. I'm still working things out in my mind on how I want to deal with the RP of my Osiris. I know one thing is for certain, the memes of my Osiris changing banners will once again commence! Hahahah. At least this time I didn't want faction change.

RE: [Official Event] The Last Hurrah - Darius - 04-30-2022

You can always scuttle it.

(04-30-2022, 02:05 AM)DariusCiprian Wrote: You can always scuttle it.

No fun in that!

RE: [Official Event] The Last Hurrah - Czechmate - 04-30-2022

(04-30-2022, 02:02 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: I'm sad to see this faction go, I had a lot of fun fights and good times. I'm still working things out in my mind on how I want to deal with the RP of my Osiris. I know one thing is for certain, the memes of my Osiris changing banners will once again commence! Hahahah. At least this time I didn't want faction change.
I had the same issue with that - but fact is that Insurgency leaders themselves didn't stand behind the faction anymore and/or weren't active.

The thing is - it started as a player faction, and can and will continue as a player faction - sure we have gotten used to the luxuries of a boatload of assets solars and ships, but there is nothing at all stopping you from continuing the strong legacy in a form of a player faction or in your case, a standalone SRP.

(04-30-2022, 04:49 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 02:02 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: I'm sad to see this faction go, I had a lot of fun fights and good times. I'm still working things out in my mind on how I want to deal with the RP of my Osiris. I know one thing is for certain, the memes of my Osiris changing banners will once again commence! Hahahah. At least this time I didn't want faction change.
I had the same issue with that - but fact is that Insurgency leaders themselves didn't stand behind the faction anymore and/or weren't active.

The thing is - it started as a player faction, and can and will continue as a player faction - sure we have gotten used to the luxuries of a boatload of assets solars and ships, but there is nothing at all stopping you from continuing the strong legacy in a form of a player faction or in your case, a standalone SRP.

I tried that with spectre many years ago and it didnt have a lot of traction. It was fun for the short time we did it. I guess I could go back to being independent but its never fun to be alone and thats my issue. RPing alone can be stale and just not very fun.

RE: [Official Event] The Last Hurrah - Skorak - 05-01-2022

Four hours remaining until the fight for the last Hurrah.

For immediate rp context:
New Orders - To: Liberty Navy officers within Kansas and Vespucci
Liberty Navy 46th Fleet Internal Comms