Discovery Gaming Community
Within The Dragons' nest - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Within The Dragons' nest (/showthread.php?tid=192429)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Within The Dragons' nest - Elvinos2003 - 05-04-2022

Day 1: First day at Kyoto

On 3rd May 829 A.S, Anna Aurelia saw Ubukata Tsuya after some long weeks. Especially on this date, Anna was led to the Dragons' nest: Kyoto. Because of a matter of safety, Tsuya told her to do several things first and she complied. The travel in space was a bit scary because Anna saw nothing. She needed to trust the Tsuya's abilities with a ship and the autopilot because she needed to be formed on Tsuya's ship.

After hours of flight, they arrived and once arrived, Tsuya allowed Anna Aurelia to unblind herself. The system and the enormous base impressed the woman. She was out of words. They kept sharing a few words before they docked. Tsuya did a short visit of the place to Anna. The shogun showed her where she could stay during the journey. A comfortable chamber. The number of the chamber was written strangely but the shogun told Anna it was written ''Chamber 21''. Because it was late, Ubukata Tsuya needed to let Anna because she was awaited somewhere else.

The next day, the 4th May, Anna woke up and took a shower as usual. Of course, before to come here, she has brought some spare clothes. The woman decided to wear a black pant with a white T-Shirt and a black hoodie. On the hoodie, from the back, it was writen ''Science is truth!''. Before to leave the chamber and the building, Anna grabbed a note book and a briefcase. Within it, there were electrodes and a device that records the data sent by the electrodes and convert them into a binary code.

After she verified everything, Anna left the room with the keys of it and left the building. The ambiance was different from what she experienced before. She thought it was night but no. ''That's for sure, it is a bit depressing to not see any stars...'' And she began to walk.

RE: Within The Dragons' nest - ellipsis - 05-05-2022

Kyoto | 16:00-16:30

It had hardly been a peaceful rest for Tsuya prior to landing on Kyoto with Anna. After they parted ways for the night, she was summoned to Nijo-tō (Nijo Tower) for a heavy amount of paperwork to fill out. Alas, the worst part of being a leader is being the one that has to deal with the bureaucratic side of things. Reports of all kinds found themselves on her desk. Patrols, supplies, combat, all of which she had to review and keep in her head as the war shogun. For if she forgot even the slightest detail, it could cost precious amounts of resources and the chances of winning this conflict. Several hours of sitting at her desk reading paper after paper, tab after tab of digital reports, her butt was sore and her back ached. She made a mental note to put in an order for a comfier chair later.

Having finished, she retires to the very top of the tower, where the shogun's throne and quarters are. Every time she visits this floor, she always gets the cliche feeling of having a residence towering over everyone else, but for all she knows it's been this way since the construction of Kyoto was completed. Feeling her feet start to drag from the exhaustion, she groans and makes her way to her lonely bedchambers. After changing into some proper bed clothes, she sighs and collapses on the bed, falling asleep almost instantaneously.

The next morning, Tsuya faces the task of assisting Anna with her research. While she prepares for the day ahead, her thoughts overcome her during her alone time. It's not something she would typically bother with, especially if she didn't see herself getting something out of the situation. However, she expects that this project of hers may come in handy when it comes to machine learning technology and methods. The neuro-AI she's constructed is also one of a kind, able to converse and learn just as a human does. It is possible that copies or similar personalities could be constructed, and that is the main reason why she's obliged Anna thus far. Knowing that, a smile creeps along her face in reaction to her thoughts and plans. It's going so swimmingly, and now that Anna is in the hornet's nest... or dragon's nest, for that matter. She can't back away from the request so easily. Having finished getting ready, she boards the elevator to ride it down, and departs the tower for the designated meeting place. She had told Anna to meet her at the Shishin Samurai Cafe & Bar, located close to the landing pads in Kyoto for convenience.

RE: Within The Dragons' nest - Elvinos2003 - 05-05-2022

While she was walking among the dragons, she was trying her best to not be unpleasant. Of course she was been judge because she is a strange among them. Then, she remembered about the meeting point. She sighed. The woman thought how it was possible to forget that but she, as soon as she thought, Anna had the answer. The reason was simple. This place was unknown to her and unique. She stopped often just to observe the architecture of the buildings.

After some long minutes, at her right, Anna Aurelia saw a tower. It was the tallest structure of Kyoto. She was curious to know about the utility of such structure. However, it will need to be another time. She was not here as tourist but more as a researcher. She needed those data to complete Marcus. She had to do it.

The time passed. Anna had a thought that she will be late so she hurried up to reach the Shishin Samurai Cafe & Bar. It was near the landing pads. A few moment later, Anna reached the place. She entered. It was a nice place. Even more than the freeport within the Sigma-15 system.

RE: Within The Dragons' nest - ellipsis - 05-11-2022

Kyoto | 16:30-16:45

She stands in front of the futuristic, metallic doors that gate the entrance to the bar. Nothing had perplexed her more recently than this woman, Anna Aurelia. Most things have been a blur lately, so she can't even recall the first time she encountered her completely. Realizing she didn't even note the experience within the reporting channels, she facepalmed. 'Not good for making a nice impression', she thought. Catching herself in the act of ignorance was something that greatly disappointed her. She promised herself to visit Tenryu-ji for a moment of meditation and respite the next chance she got. But now is not the time. Today, she has to square away the business she has with Anna.

And so she entered the bar as the doors hummed their usual whir, sliding open to beckon her forth. Immediately upon stepping in and being recognized, every Dragon present within Shishin stood from their seats and bowed deeply, saluting her. She does the same in return, and greets them all pleasantly before dismissing them. To Anna, who hadn't yet seen this side of her, it might've looked like she's done this dozens of times before, and that assumption would be correct. Tsuya turns and walks towards the bartender to place her order, but Anna was too far away to hear them. After roughly a minute of conversing, Tsuya finally strides to the booths and tables of the bar/cafe combo and spots Anna already seated. 'Of course I'm late', she figured, and hoped she didn't keep Anna waiting for long.

She takes her seat across the table from her in the opposite cushioned bench, and gently smiles. "So, you know exactly why I've called you here. You need training data for your android and AI, and I'm willing to give it to you as well as a place here to do your research as you please. But you should know, that a smart leader never takes someone in like this for free. I also desire something from you." She says as she casually leans back into her seat, and graciously slides her left leg over her right to cross them. "But, let me hear precisely, down to the last detail, what it is you need to train your AIs."

RE: Within The Dragons' nest - Elvinos2003 - 05-11-2022

The entrance of Tsuya was something hard to miss. Even for Anna. She thought she was late but it appears it was not the case. When the shogun sat at the table where Anna was, the white haired woman smiled to her. When Ubukata Tsuya told Anna that she would like to have something in return, Anna thought the worse. But then, when the shogun asked her that she wanted to hear a bit more about what Anna was seeking for Marcus, her mood changed.

''Well, as you know, I had a rough past and because of this, I wanted to build an android specialized to protect me. I want it as efficient as your warriors. But to do so, I need to gather data. In other words...'' She grabbed her briefcase and putted it on the table and opened it. Inside, Anna showed an electrode and pulled out a device. ''I will need to put some electrodes on one of your men to gather data. And those data will be recorded on the device. After, once I will return on the New-Horizon, I will convert the data into a binary code and put them in the processor of Marcus.'' She took a break and also let Tsuya to inspect the equipment.'' I do not know if you approve what I want. I also know that, maybe, under your eyes I am playing to a dangerous game but... I have no choice left.''

She let some seconds flowing and break again the silence. ''Wh... what do you desire from me, Tsuya?'' Anna Aurelia waited for an answer. Despite herself, she couldn't stop watching Tsuya and the other dragons.

RE: Within The Dragons' nest - ellipsis - 05-13-2022

Kyoto | 16:45-16:50

Tsuya ponders for a moment, about what Anna requires to further her research into her AI. A small grin on her face uncovers itself as her drink makes its arrival, along with the server. Tsuya chimes in for a second. "Why don't you order something while the server is here? If you need help, he has pocket menus." The drink she received was a mango fizz, created by mixing a sweet alcoholic beverage called the cream of mango with Kusarian gum sugar, and carbonated water. It makes for a very sweet and fruity drink with a nice kick to it as well. The server sets it onto her side of the table, bows, and takes their leave. For a moment, she swirls the straw around in the drink, admiring the flow of the ice, and the slice of mango floating at the top of the beverage. There's an art to cocktails unlike any other out there. Briefly Tsuya sips from her drink, savoring the flavor of her favorite fruit. It never got old for her, and Anna could easily assume that this was her go to drink after a long day of responsibilities. After that moment had passed, and a few sips later, Tsuya responds to Anna's question.

"Why pick any random Dragon, when you have one of our strongest sitting right in front of you? Well, I could call for Kano-san, or Shana-san, but they both seem to be very busy with their duties as of late. I worry I work them too much. Guess that means you're stuck with me, darling. She giggles at herself, realizing how strange that may have sounded. She just feels in a better mood than usual today. Maybe it's the drink.

Anyways... What I want, is for you to create a second Pixis. If that's even possible. Perhaps not the same personality it has, but I harbor great curiosity for machine learning. I would like to take something like Pixis on a journey with us, as well. And see how it learns and grows. Is that a thing which you can do? If not, it's fine... Perhaps just a copy of Pixis would do fine." After finishing what she had to say, she returns her attention to her drink, idly sipping it as she awaits Anna's response.

RE: Within The Dragons' nest - Elvinos2003 - 05-13-2022

When the bartender was there, Anna ordered the same thing as Tsuya did. She simply said: ''The same thing as her.'' She was curious and wanted to try something else than just vodka. But just before the server leaves, Anna told him to put strawberries instead of mangos.

Anna Aurelia was surprised by the affirmation of Tsuya. She blushed for a second. But she couldn’t think better than this. The woman smiled to Tsuya. While she was looking into Tsuya's eyes, Anna broke the silence. ''If you are one of the strongest, like you say, you are more than perfect, Tsuya. But I didn't dare to ask you to be my test subject. The reason is simple but since you are the shogun of the dragons, I didn't want to bother you with that.''

The server arrived after some minutes and brought what Anna Aurelia ordered. It was basically the same thing as Tsuya’s but with strawberries. She took some sips and her eyes were saying that she likes the drink. And then, her attention was on Tsuya. ''If you want an artificial intelligence like Pixis, I will gladly do it for you, Tsuya! But I came here without my liner so… right now it is impossible. However, tell me how you want it and once I am done, I let you know.'' She sipped her drink and she was in peace with herself. The request asked by the shogun was doable.

Anna looked in the void. ''But... Tsuya...'' She now looked at her. ''Are you sure you want something like Pixis? Because... if you do, be aware that you can't predict the AI's reactions. And in the possibility it goes wrong, destroy it. I do not want something bad happens to you....''

RE: Within The Dragons' nest - ellipsis - 05-15-2022

Kyoto | 16:45-16:50

She smiles as the words come out of Anna's mouth one by one. She can tell that Anna is a bit nervous about something, maybe it's the way she acts around her. Always teasing her or cracking jokes and innocent flirts here and there. It was all part of the game to her, of course, but Anna is quite the attractive character, and not just her looks. Tsuya wants to dissect her history, figure out why exactly she's ended up here. More than anything, she has an insatiable thirst for knowledge and wisdom that cannot be quenched. To her, that's the reason she bothered obliging Anna to begin with. It's to learn about the marvel she's created. To discover what secrets there are left to find in Sirius.

"Please, don't worry about you using me as training material. If it helps to make sure you have the highest quality product of this situation, I can do it. I didn't get to be Shogun by not helping others. That's a poor display of leadership. She quips as she plays with her drink. She wanted to savor this one tonight, as it'd be the only one she has before she starts this new little project of hers. Another leisurely and methodical sip from her mango fizz later, and the waiter is back with Anna's strawberry spin on the drink. It's colored in a pretty, pinkish red hue. About the same color as strawberry ice cream, if not a bit darker, yet darker.

As Anna questions her further about her interest in an AI like Pixis, she shakes her head gently. "While I'm glad to know you have my safety in mind, i can handle myself. If the AI has unpredictable behavior much like a human has, I don't mind. I'm quite fascinated by Pixis, and I would like to have a new one, if not a version of her that I could have on my systems with me when I travel. Perhaps there's a way to take them with you, no matter what ship you're piloting? Is something like that also possible? She posed this question in the hopes that an idea may come to Anna. Being from a technological background herself, Tsuya believes in her mind that there must be a way to fit Pixis into a small enough device to take them anywhere, even without a ship or their android body. All while still keeping its full personality, memories, and consciousness.

RE: Within The Dragons' nest - Elvinos2003 - 05-15-2022

''I see...'' The woman took a big sip of her drink. She was in peace to be able to ask what she wants from the shogun. Anna breaks the silence. ''Then, Tsuya, I hope you it will not bother you to have electrodes on you. *chuckles* Anyway, I appreciate that I can ask you to help me for those prescious data. You have no idea how important it is for me.''

Anna listened to Tsuya and think. Her brain worked like a computer and while she was thinking, in her mind, she repeated the same sentence. ''She wants an ai like Pixis... An ai where you can bring it on any ship...'' Then, an idea came up. But to make it possible, she will need to reach out her liner first and then, begin to work. After some minutes of silence between them, Anna smiled to Tsuya. Her smile meant everything.

''It's possible. So... What I will do after what I want, I will fly to my liner and once there, I will work on a device. The device will be small not bigger than a pen. And it will permit you to insert the AI in whatever you want and bring it where you want. And... and...'' And Anna was now gone. She seemed to take really at heart what Tsuya wanted even if right now, Anna cannot do a thing. ''And the AI will be a bit modified but with the same functions. I will do a copy of Pixis, change the personality and to insert it in the device... Yes.. YES! You will not be disappointed. Oh no. I guarantee it! Now, her eyes were on Tsuya and Anna felt weird. She totally lost control of herself. Especially when it was about new project.

The woman took some sips in silence and looked away. It was rare she was open and the last time was when she was building Marcus in her lab. The reason why she looked away was because she feared Tsuya's reaction.

RE: Within The Dragons' nest - ellipsis - 05-16-2022

Kyoto | 16:50-16:55

"My, you seem rather excited to try this out. Well, patience is a virtue. Once you have the training data you need from me, we can get started on that..." She pauses to motion the server to the table, and asks them for a bottle of... just water? Well, you can never have enough H2O. Tsuya always makes sure she has a healthy amount of water on a daily basis. The server hurries back with a chilled bottle and an empty glass and gently sets them on the table. Still silent, she opens the cork and pours the refreshing palate cleanser into the tall glass. Naturally, she stops when it's full and closes the cork. "I like to take a short break from the alcohol at times. Helps to savor it for longer, you know? I'm not sure how experienced you are with these kinds of drinks. Sometimes you need something a little less... carbonated."

She takes several swigs from the glass before continuing. "I leave it up to you to determine what kind of new personality the second construct may have. You're the creator. I used to dabble in things like this before I ended up here. If things were different, you'd probably see me in the news as some kind of genius innovator, who knows? But there's no use thinking about what ifs. Wouldn't you agree?" She switches back to her fizz, taking a strong sip as the concoction drains from the glass and into her mouth and down her esophagus. She's already taken it down halfway, despite not having sat here for all that long.

"Perhaps a type of dongle could work to contain this new AI. Something compatible with Dragon ships in particular. We can have you study the computer systems of one of our fighter craft if necessary. They're all the same core design, honestly, so it doesn't matter if you inspect a small craft or a hulking behemoth." She eyed Anna carefully, examining her facial expressions. Clearly she was a little embarrassed about that outburst, but Tsuya wondered if there was something else behind the scenes. Maybe her charming Kusarian looks were getting under Anna's skin. She certainly recalls a time or two where Anna's face turned red with some kind of emotion before this meeting.