Discovery Gaming Community
Faction Ship Lines - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Faction Ship Lines (/showthread.php?tid=19245)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Faction Ship Lines - Zelot - 04-14-2009

This just seems to be the way things are going, is it what we really want? I am not sure, but figured a discussion might help us figure it out.

Faction Ship Lines - tazuras - 04-14-2009

I think that every faction should have it's own ship line, however I feel that for many of these factions these ships should be clones of their allies ships with a different texture. I think this is the most in RP solution as it acknowledges the fact that not every faction has the industrial base / technology to build their own ships, but they all have the ability to paint their ships differently, which I would think they would do as a matter of pride.

Faction Ship Lines - gezza999 - 04-14-2009

I don't see the Xenos putting together their own ships, nor do I see the any of the small factions finding the resources to design fighters ( I'll not add more examples so people don't start yelling over specifics yet). Personally I want to see more Eagles. They're too un-common...

That's a no, by the way.

Faction Ship Lines - Lucend - 04-14-2009

See, logically I don't think so.

I like it if each faction has a single ship perhaps. Like the Farmer bomber and the Hogosha VHF. But I don't think everyone needs a capship as well.

I think Vanilla gave a sense of hopelessness to these guys. The GC and Farmers in Vanilla had nothing but starfliers and the occasional hawk. and even though the Blood Dragons only had fighters, they were very skillful in their use. Giving them capships kinda makes it seem like the Unlawful Kusari Naval Forces.

At anyrate, my two cents.

Faction Ship Lines - farmerman - 04-14-2009

I like the idea of factions having a ship or so, but not an entire line. Just like the FA - they have a bomber and fill the rest with civilian ships, etc. A large number of factions could have the resources to design ships, though building them is another story. And things need to make sense.

Like for the LWB, a repurposed light freighter makes lots of sense to me (farmers need to move their stuff around, after all, and there's a history of making farming implements into weapons of war). But something like a Bomber? That doesn't make much sense for the LWB.

Faction Ship Lines - Lohingren - 04-14-2009

:Pyou really could call the BD unlawful kusari naval forces XD they basically where before they turned against the current hierarchy.

But the rest of what you said is right lucy, BD are known VERY WELL as being some of the best if not thee best fighter pilots in Sirius, and they dont really use Cap's much.. hence reason NPG doesnt use them.

Faction Ship Lines - bluntpencil2001 - 04-14-2009

Yes and no is my opinion, I think. I'm of a similar position to Zelot, but have a semi-crappy idea to fit both camps.

I'm thinking that different variants of the same ship could be made, for different factions. Things like the Xeno Eagle, the Zoner Eagle and the like. Both would be very similar, perhaps identical in stats, but with different appearances. Different factions would have different colours of go faster stripes.

Faction Ship Lines - Zapp - 04-14-2009

Xeno Eagle = covered in duct tape

lulz

In all seriousness, I'm with the thought that there should be more people using Eagles and Rocs and Griffins in the factions that don't have their own shipline. Don't think there should be terribly many custom shiplines for small pirate factions.

Faction Ship Lines - Bjorn - 04-14-2009

Well I like to see custom factionised fighters for anyone since in freelancer universe we are playing, those arent that expensive it seems.

I however do not believe some factions should have capital ships (for example dragons and img) that are bigger than gunboat.

Also could we add ship internal component (like armor, scanner and stuff) that effects texture alone? That way we could factionize generic ships like borderworlds and civilian line. For example you would mount "Xeno colors" on eagle and it would be decorated in more colors and maybe insignia. Or you could use sabre and add "Outcast colors" and it would get some red details and maltese cross maybe somewhere.

Faction Ship Lines - tazuras - 04-14-2009

' Wrote:Yes and no is my opinion, I think. I'm of a similar position to Zelot, but have a semi-crappy idea to fit both camps.

I'm thinking that different variants of the same ship could be made, for different factions. Things like the Xeno Eagle, the Zoner Eagle and the like. Both would be very similar, perhaps identical in stats, but with different appearances. Different factions would have different colours of go faster stripes.
Yay, someone agrees with me. In the realm of stats though, although i think this is by no means necessary, I think minor variants in stats may be nice. In RP it would be , this faction knows how to tweak engines to get a tiny extra boost, cause the operate in asteroid fields all the time, or this faction has access to high strength metals and works out in open space, so they get a little bonus to armor, or this faction has access to superconductors so they get a bonus to weapon charge or capacity. This could add a lot of flavor...