Discovery Gaming Community
Omicron Kappa? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Omicron Kappa? (/showthread.php?tid=19253)

Pages: 1 2

Omicron Kappa? - Recoil9000 - 04-14-2009

A friend of mine was looking to create his own faction once he could muster up enough credits and a good RP story. What we were wondering was if it was at all possible to purchase the Omicron Kappa system? To my knowledge, it is not owned by faction as of yet. From what I can tell of what he is looking for, he is just looking for a system that his faction could call a home system. He is not looking to make any adjustments as of yet. Do to the direction of witch his RP story is going, one of the Omicron systems would be the best for his purposes. Any suggestions on a new system if Kappa doesn't work?

Omicron Kappa? - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 04-14-2009

Seeing as it is about the only way to delta for corsairs and hunters, to get to their bases, without taking a massive detour, i would rather it stayed unowned. Just my opinion as it has a lot of traffic.

Omicron Kappa? - Niro - 04-14-2009

The systems you'll buy are guard systems and the like. Kappa is a Vanilla system with presence of multiple factions, so it's not for sale.

Omicron Kappa? - Carlos_Benitez - 04-14-2009

We consider it as part of the Corsair Empire, so no, not really. The Harvesters would also have a serious aversion to anyone trying to claim their cradle of life.
Furthermore, it takes years of hard work before a clan can claim a system, and these are very rarely pre-established systems (normally lonely backwater Guard Systems).

Omicron Kappa? - Recoil9000 - 04-14-2009

Any suggestions for a system if he does go ahead and try to purchase a system? (I can see a way for him to go ahead without one, but just out of curiosity)

Omicron Kappa? - darthbeck - 04-14-2009

chester

Omicron Kappa? - blubba - 04-14-2009

Without some sort of ID indication, it is going to be hard.
Outcasts in Kappa isn't going to happen, nor Corsairs in Beta.
Just for an example.

Omicron Kappa? - Derkylos - 04-14-2009

' Wrote:chester

Important (un/semi-lawful) thoroughfare from the Taus to the Omegas...I don't think this should be claimed...just a thought...

Depends on which NPC faction the player faction is affiliated with, really.

Omicron Kappa? - Lucend - 04-14-2009

People don't generally "claim" systems, unless it's in roleplay.

I believe that only guard systems can be bought.

Omicron Kappa? - Recoil9000 - 04-15-2009

' Wrote:Without some sort of ID indication, it is going to be hard.
Outcasts in Kappa isn't going to happen, nor Corsairs in Beta.
Just for an example.

So I believe he is looking to create the faction with at least a zoner guard IFF. Not sure as to the ID assosiated yet (most likely zoner guard again).