Discovery Gaming Community
Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Community Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=627)
+--- Thread: Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events (/showthread.php?tid=192629)

Pages: 1 2

Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - Garrett Jax - 05-13-2022

Tired of the same old encounters, the same old trade-routes, the same mining activities. Are you looking for a something different, something fun?

Welcome to Spontaneous Events

What is Spontaneous Events you might ask? That's a great question. Spontaneous Events are random activities that spring up at random times and have random results.

What are some of these random activities?Another great question. Imagine, for example, helium 3 dropped at 5x the normal rate, and paid out significantly more credits than normal at unlawful locations such as Ooray, Beaumont or Ainu as well as a hiked up price at normal locations such as Planet Pittsburgh, Planet Sprague and Dabadoru Station, or maybe somewhere even closer. Don't laugh, we've done this.

Another example,Liberty Navy ships have obtained some Classified Military Research from the far reaches of Nomad Space and are anxiously trying to make it back to Liberty with the research intact. Nomad ships have come out in force to 'play'. Will Liberty Navy make it back with the research? We've done an event like this before too.

Another example: An infamous terrorist has escaped from Bastille and is now discovered in Liberty Space bringing fear and panic to its inhabitants. Maybe two or three terrorists have escaped. The Admins have placed a significant bounty on the destruction of their ships. We have not done this event yet, but I would absolutely love to.

Maybe you can think of a spontaneous event that might spark some activity in a desired location. These events would need to be relatively short in length, maybe two or three hours at most, because I have a life.

They could involve a commodity hike, a mining boost, something that doesn't exceed my coding skills. They aren't great, yet. The more we do these activities, the greater my skills will get. So think simple, for now, and our team will review it. If we think it will generate sufficient activity in an area that desperately needs it, or involves a commodity that needs some love, we will try and make it happen. Feel free to +1 any suggestions that come from this. Thanks for your feedback.

RE: Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - Fab - 05-13-2022

Diversity is always welcome.

Any chances of these random events being automated and controlled by scripts? Simple events, like the described "mining rush", high demand commodities, spontaneous battlezones, treasure hunts, etc... Freelancer has no dynamic economy (or dynamic anything), but such events could be the start.

RE: Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - Garrett Jax - 05-13-2022

(05-13-2022, 09:58 PM)Fab Wrote: Diversity is always welcome.

Any chances of these random events being automated and controlled by scripts? Simple events, like the described "mining rush", high demand commodities, spontaneous battlezones, treasure hunts, etc... Freelancer has no dynamic economy (or dynamic anything), but such events could be the start.

I don't have the skills to automate things via script. Dynamic economy sounds cool, but is beyond the scope of these events.

RE: Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - Srkad - 05-13-2022

Love this idea, have you thought about how these events would be messaged out? Would we have to keep our eye on the forums?

RE: Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - TonyB - 05-13-2022

Nice to see, still the same Jaxx...
Ofcourse, we welcome this...

RE: Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - Garrett Jax - 05-14-2022

(05-13-2022, 10:33 PM)Srkad Wrote: Love this idea, have you thought about how these events would be messaged out? Would we have to keep our eye on the forums?

I'll try to make use of Discord too.

RE: Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - Chronicron - 05-14-2022

Spontaneous events were very fun back in a day, would love to see them coming back

RE: Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - Greylock - 05-14-2022

I remember back in like 2018 some admin would roll into New York on a titan armored ship and jump in and out of cloak while fighting players. It was a lot of fun to fight, imo. That was a part of what gave me the inspiration to become the buttcloaker extraordinaire that I am. Would definitely like to see more of it, and maybe be the titan one day.

RE: Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - Saronsen - 05-14-2022

as long as its not something as silly as spawning a hundred nomads in front of manhattan, or other similar things, it sounds like a good way to get people to log on and hang out for a little while after the fact

if possible, try to keep track of people actually contributing instead of just giving rewards to chodes who wait until the last zeptosecond to alphastrike a pvp target for example

RE: Community Feedback: Spontaneous Events - Xenon - 05-14-2022

Amazing ideas @Garret Jax, but take care because we have here some smarties who will try to abuse the idea... So for example, The idea of buffing a certain ore drop rate for a couple of hours, and then buffing its price at some bases so players sell at a high price... IF this is announced 24 hours before the event starts, then players will fill their ships and send them to the selling points and wait... ONCE you announce the start, then they will sell all their cargo for the new price, and gain a great advantage, then maybe go join the event... Wink

Think about a way to prevent such things from happening, and best of luck dude, Nice stamina hahaha, You coming back to disco locked and loaded Big Grin