Discovery Gaming Community
Andorra Haven - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Player Owned Bases (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: Andorra Haven (/showthread.php?tid=192690)

Pages: 1 2

Andorra Haven - Goddess Astra - 05-17-2022

$Solatra@NinthWind >> neuralnet comm pub "comms@AndorraHaven"
Neural Net Protocol: Searching...
Neural Net Protocol: Channel located.
Neural Net Protocol: Initializing stream.

[Image: MSyjAnE.png]

If you're reading this, welcome, you've found your way to Andorra Haven. We founded this place 'cuz we all got together and decided we were tired of being oppressed and persecuted in the Houses, and we wanted a real change, somewhere that we could be free of the kinda capitalist mindsets and political nonsense that makes up the sector. This concept ain't new, but people keep getting it wrong, so apparently we have to do it ourselves.

We ain't got a lot of rules yet around here, but the few we've got are important, so listen up.
  1. This is an anarchist commune. What this means is that we don't use money on the station. Instead we're all in this together, we all help each other out, and we pull our weight to keep this station breathing. All the facilities on board are free for use by everyone here.
  2. Anyone who's willing to follow the rules and respect us is welcome aboard, and y'can stay any amount of time y'like. However, if you're gonna stay long, then we expect you to help keep the place running. It doesn't have to be much--even just a bit of cleaning up around the place, changing the air filters, that kinda thing keeps the station clean and healthy for everyone. We encourage you to work to your skills, work where it's needed, and help others out. This place doesn't run itself.
  3. Try to give as much as you take. We ain't gonna keep close track, but if y'take everything then we run out and we ain't gonna be happy about people acting in bad faith.
  4. Issues concerning the whole station will be democratically decided, at town halls to where we'll deliberate on them. Anyone aboard is welcome to attend.
  5. Trading hard drugs is strictly prohibited. However, we don't police people who partake in them--just get that stuff somewhere else. Don't bring the nasty business here. We keep a small stock of cardamine on station for pharmaceutical purposes, but anyone found stockpiling it for other reasons is gonna get a bit of a talking to.
  6. Don't start fights. Leave your dirty laundry at the door. Don't bring in outside drama. If y'come here with an agenda, you're gonna find that we don't take kindly to it, so kindly keep that elsewhere. People who show themselves to be problems ain't gonna be welcome for long.
  7. We have neighbors. No matter how y'feel about 'em, treat 'em with respect. Your actions reflect on everyone here.
  8. We have extra special neighbors in Tau-61. Don't go there. We ain't responsible for your stupidity if you do.
  9. Finally, if you're planning to help out by supplying the station, our neighbors the Gaians have kindly requested we go through Tau-44 instead of Edinburgh, for their sake.
If y'can follow these simple rules, you'll be more than welcome here. If y'have problems, take it up with the administration, and we'll see what we can do. Welcome to Andorra.

$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> return
Neural Net Protocol: Process terminated.
$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> logout

RE: Andorra Haven - Goddess Astra - 05-17-2022

Heya my friends, figured I should get this online since we're gonna have to keep track of comms with each other. I'm sitting here in the ops center on the new station and taking a bit of stock of the situation so's we can get things moving.

We've got prolly about enough food and water and air for a few days but we're gonna need people to bring in some more at some point. I ain't too fussed about who--hell, I'll bring some too. I'm gonna consider this as medium priority, 'cuz we need it to live but it ain't urgent. If we could get people bringing it in a couple of times a week we'd prolly be fine.

Beth, your people you picked up from Houston are helping me out a lot here. One of them's telling me that our first priority should be a shield generator for the place so that we can keep this place safe from random assholes who might take potshots at us for the fun of it. We need the following for it:
  • 15,000 SCU Robotic Hardware
  • 10,000 SCU Magnetic Superconductors
  • 15,000 SCU Industrial Hardware
  • 10,000 SCU Fusion Diodes
Once we get that outta the way we can all take a breath and rest a bit easier, and then we can focus on getting a bit more storage so we can make sure we have enough stockpiled for us to breath easy. Then, after that, we can start thinking about like. Salvage operations and stuff. Looking at the system and seeing what we can make use of.

Let's make this place a good home. Good luck, everyone.

RE: Andorra Haven - Goddess Astra - 05-18-2022

Looks like people have been pulling their weight even if y'all have been quiet on this channel. The shield generator's up and running, and that means we can rest easy for a while, I think.

I'mma float that our current priority is getting the place fully built out, which is gonna take a while of regular maintenance. Beyond that, I think we gotta decide whether we're more interested in getting the salvage operation online--which is gonna take some facilities for storage and processing--or whether we should focus on more active defenses with some defense platforms outside the station. I wanna hear all y'all's thoughts on these things, 'cuz I ain't actually running this gig. I'm just the one with the motivation right now. That ain't gonna last forever, knowing me, so let's get in the habit of talking this sh*t through.

Lemme know what y'all are thinking, or if y'have different ideas. In the meanwhile I'm also gonna open channels to the IMG and Maquis, make sure they're on the level. Y'all will be looped into those channels too.

RE: Andorra Haven - Killgarrn - 05-18-2022

[Image: VoidstagV1small.png]

Beth here! I'd say we should get our salvage ops and storage up first. Not hard to find workers, most people on Houston are ready to kill their loved ones if they think it'd get them out of that hellhole. Anyways, I've got Addy running supply ops, and Amy helping with logistical stuff since she seems to love her numbers and details and stuff. If we really want to go hard into the scrap business, it's not like there's any sort of shortage in the Taus and Gallia.

If we're gonna be shipping people out from Houston on any sorta regular basis, I think it'd be a good idea to set up a dedicated shuttle for getting people out here. Obviously we gotta find someone to pilot it, though, and get the damn thing. I know any of us would be willing to take over, but I think we're gonna find our hands get pretty full pretty quickly if 's just the...what, three or four of us pilots tryina do everything at once? So we should keep our eyes peeled for people with the right skills as well.

RE: Andorra Haven - Windstar - 05-18-2022

[Image: Eb3ZOkK.png]

Sender ID: Kimiko "Kimi" Hawkins
Connection strength: Strong
Encryption: Medium
Recipient: Andorra Haven
Subject: Re: Shuttle service

Heya all.

I couldn't help but think of a good solution lately based on some connections I've been making with freelance operators as of late. Edwin Pennybrooke, the captain of the Luxury Liner Renaissance, who's a bit more sympathetic to left-leaning movements. He's a good friend and sibling of one of my partners, and I'm confident he might have some kind of shuttles or ferries for us to borrow. Knowing his enthusiasm, he might want to even bring out the liner. I can put out a feeler with him to see if he'd be willing to help if you like.

In addition, we should consider purchasing a large transport for base supply operations. I'm thinking a l'Ane.

I'll be around on the channel, poking my head in.

I dunno where we're gonna find a l'Ane, that's the kinda stuff I don't have contacts for. Maybe if the Maquis end up liking us we can ask them if they can push one along for us, but 's a bit outta my wheelhouse.

This Pennybrooke guy might be worth looking into, so feel free to reach out to him. Let us know if that pans out anywhere.

RE: Andorra Haven - Windstar - 05-19-2022

[Image: Eb3ZOkK.png]

Sender ID: Kimiko "Kimi" Hawkins
Connection strength: Strong
Encryption: Medium
Recipient: Andorra Haven
Subject: Newcomers

You know, it's funny... the moment we start setting up this whole base, it starts attracting visitors.

I'm certain you all know about the Royalist gunboat that paid us a visit, I think it was called the Cerveau. Not a very big fan of the captain's behavior or, y'know, their being a fascist. But I'm hoping they don't start bringing friends over to mess with us.

Then there was that freelancer, one Olivia Sable. Kinda not a fan of her attitude, but she was still somewhat interested in our little slice of paradise. More notably, a few hours later, we saw many new guests. First came the research vessel Harvest Moon under the command of one Aisling Cenncroithi, followed by a Zoner by the name of Einar Hagen, a freelancer named Elise Pennybrooke, and an AI unit designated 9467F. I'm roughly familiar with all these people, and I can say they're all potential allies, maybe even participants in our commune. Einar even mentioned redirecting a Nephilim towards our space to aid in construction and supply efforts. I think it's worth accepting his help, as a Nephilim's facilities, even indirectly, are really good for what we're doing. Also, Aisling's a good friend who'll probably end up helping if we ask, and Elise has offered her support in coming to our defense.

I think, more than anything else, we should look to our own types of people for support and solidarity: freelancers, wanderers, assorted riff-raff just making their way through the sector. A union of people who've fallen through the cracks, or are just trying to survive in the dire straits of Sirius. Ragtag flotillas and assorted characters are what revolutions are made of.

RE: Andorra Haven - Goddess Astra - 05-21-2022

So all of you who're on the station may have noticed a bit of a lights show outside last night. I'm here to lay out what happened, at least from my perspective.

Basically, a Gallic royalist showed up--not the first we've seen, but this time they told us to disperse, said we were an unknown force and potentially a threat. Well, we didn't take that lying down, and despite my insistence to the contrary that we're peaceful and ain't hurting nobody, they decided to open fire. It was just the one fighter and we destroyed it. No harm done to us. The pilot ejected and we scooped 'em up, and now they're in medical on board.

This leads to a few different points though, which I wanna lay out. The first is that the need for a militia might be a bit more urgent than we hoped it might be. Kimiko, Beth and I are planning to put together two wings of defense craft, one of fighters and one of bombers. These will be named Panther wing and Molotov wing, flying Jackdaws and Lances respectively. In order to fly these, though, we need able hands.

I'm asking for volunteers to speak up. We need people with piloting experience who can mobilize if there's a threat. Anyone who's willing to put their life on the line to keep our new home safe is welcome, and you'd better believe that I'm gonna be the first to jump into the cockpit if there's a threat. All I'm asking for is people who can back me up. If y'don't know how to fly, we'll help you out, we've got sims that we can go through to give you a crash course.

Point two is that we gotta finance these new wings. Jackdaws are easy to maintain, Lances less so, but before we can even think about maintenance we gotta actually get the damn things, and unless we meet people who are willing to donate or barter, there ain't much we can do for that. We already got a couple of generous donations from people, and that'll cover the first fighter or two, but if we want two or three in each wing that's gonna add up fast.

To that end I've got two proposals. The first is that anyone who's already got a combat ship, I'm suggesting you file on over to a bounty board and pick up some of their contracts. Keeping our ships flying is expensive, but the payout's good enough that we should be able to put those returns into new ships easily enough, and if y'need to get maintenance from other ports, you're more than welcome. Some suggestions for places to start might be the Maquis bounty board or the IMG bounty board. We ain't got contact with the IMG yet but we made ourselves known to the Maquis, and both of 'em are neighbors we wanna show we can be good for. So that's one option.

Option two is to go out and ask for donations from people. Y'can do this even if y'ain't a combat pilot, but I ain't gonna be annoyed if some of those donations were less donations and more, y'know, piracy. If y'do decide to go down the path of piracy, I wanna emphasize that we still wanna put on a good face. I recommend that you be smart, pick your targets carefully, and try not to use force unless y'really have to. The less we have to make ourselves look bad where others can see, the better.

I'm asking a lot of all y'all here, but this is our first real threat, so we gotta treat it seriously. And remember, if y'ain't up for it, y'don't have to do it. What I want is volunteers, not subordinates. We're all in this together.

Any questions, comments, or concerns, lemme know on the channel. I'm gonna start going ahead with this immediately, but speak up if y'have doubts. No sense in stewing in things.

RE: Andorra Haven - Goddess Astra - 05-22-2022

Last night we received an extremely generous donation of 100 million credits. This'll allow us to finish fleshing out the defense squadrons, with three fighters and three bombers.

We gotta decide what we wanna do with the rest of it though. Should we put it into the bank for safekeeping and emergencies, or should we do something else with it? I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I wanna hear what you guys think.